Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 2,747

Skid

@DarkRula No I agree. I just want something official asap so we can have really discussion and over analyze a 30 second clip.

@Octane Ha, that would be pretty cool. I would say that is a little dark, but XY was about to blast a hole in the world; soooooo...

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Grumblevolcano

@NapalmPsalm I'm reminded of that time when we had a large gap in BotW info and then there was that 13 second tease after Nintendo revealed Twilight Princess HD.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ilikeike

Speaking of spicy 4chan rumors, just found a new 'leak'. I'm hoping and praying that it's real, cause it makes the new games sound like less of a massive disappointment.
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/35623978

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

Haruki_NLI

@ilikeike Its clearly fake but interesting that the broken Kanto thing persists...may be some truth to that.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Skid

@ilikeike Yeah, I'm not clicking on a 4chan leak at work for obvious reasons. Hahaha, but I assume it is what this video is referring to.

Even if it is fake, the things about the battle system and the catching system is kind of what I was assuming. Again, plenty of salt held here. This new part of the leak throws some red flags for me, especially the part about GameFreak taking "requests" from fans.

@Grumblevolcano For some reason my mind isn't comprehending what you were trying to get across. I mean, I'm feeling really dumb right now. I feel like you are relating to me through an example, but my mind is oozing out of my ear right now for some reason.

@YummyHappyPills Yeah, a lot of red flags in this part of the "leak". I would completely agree with you if he said his uncle was quitting, not himself

Edited on by Skid

Switch

Haruki_NLI

@NapalmPsalm Well the thing is the theme of a snake destroying Kanto and splitting it apart into islands around a newly formed larger "region" is something we heard...hell late last year?

Honestly looking at a map of Kanto you can see a clear line south of Mt Moon where the region almost becomes a peninsula like shape. Slap an earthquake there (Pretty much right in the shape of Diglett's Tunnel actually) and the entire eastern half splits off, leaving the western bit with Pewter/Viridian and Pallet Town still on the landmass with Johto, and the rest float off while a new region forms in the middle.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Skid

YummyHappyPills wrote:

@NapalmPsalm Well the thing is the theme of a snake destroying Kanto and splitting it apart into islands around a newly formed larger "region" is something we heard...hell late last year?

That is the #1 red flag for me. Is all this piggybacking off of that and is it all fake? Were parts of it real and parts of it fake? What if it is "all" real(ahahahaha, no)?

As cool as it would be to start a new game in an old region that has almost completely been destroyed, it sounds like a fan fiction to me.

Switch

Grumblevolcano

@NapalmPsalm Yeah, it was an example. BotW's news cycle went like this before the big info drop at E3 2016:
E3 2014 (June) - Trailer
Game Awards 2014 (December) - Some early gameplay
November 2015 Direct - 13 second tease
E3 2016 (June) - Game fully shown off

While we did know more official info about BotW before E3 2016 than we do of Pokemon Switch currently, the official info drought feels similar.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Skid

@Grumblevolcano Oh yeah, I had erased those sad days from my memories. To be honest, that is what I expect of LoZ game cycles. It just fun how I kept reading your first comment and my brain just wasn't processing it. Almost like when you same the same word over and over again until it loses its meaning.

Switch

Octane

''I'm potentially risking my job, but I had plans to leave Nintendo in a few months either way.''

lol, nice try.

All these ''leaks'' are using older leaks to make their ''leak'' seem more credible it seems...

Octane

Skid

GUYS! 0:03! LEAKS CONFIRMED! Hahaha, just to add to the rumors.

Hahaha, and at 1:16. Guys it is real! XD

EDIT: A lot of sarcasm here, but hilarious and too convenient.

EDIT2: What if they are just trolling at this point? That would be great.

Edited on by Skid

Switch

MarcelRguez

@DarthNocturnal Not if they don't let you evolve them. It would be dumb if they did that, but that's how it was with Pikachu in Yellow.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Skid

@Octane @MarcelRguez @DarthNocturnal Why stupid? They have items like this for more than pikachu. First of all eviolite for any unevolved pokemon. The there is thick club for Marowak and stick for Farfetch'd. Those aren't stupid

Switch

Octane

Maybe we get Eeveelutions versus a bunch of new (viable) Pikachu forms.

Octane

Ralizah

Just make a Pokemon game where creature you catch and/or fight is some variant of eevee. It worked out really well for Paper Mario when they replaced unique characters with hordes of toads.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

DarkRula

"Hey! I'm an Eevee trainer. I like Eevee. They're soft and lovely to sleep with. Let's battle!"
Two minutes after battle
"Hey! You know Eevee evolves with certain stones? Check out my team!"
Two minutes after battle
"Hey! Sometimes Eevee evolve during certain times of day! Behold our twilight power!"

Imagine the starting area of Let's Go! Eevee being nothing but trainers who love Eevee and having a tutorial like that. Imagine if Pikachu got evolutions across the types as well, so the same thing happened in Let's Go! Pikachu.
"For some reason no-one thought to give a Pikachu a water stone! I did, and look what the result was!"

The idea of a changed Kanto of split islands sounds a bit wishful thinking, but expanding the region is a good idea, especially if it means removing certain restrictive elements of the design [such as being unable to backtrack once you enter Cerulean].

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Octane

@DarkRula After the Cerulean gym, you get access to Diglett's Cave, that's your way back.

Octane

DarkRula

After all these years... I never knew...

Still, the route can be redesigned since we don't really need such excessive progression gating, right?

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic