Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 2,747

Skid

@Snaplocket No, either it will confirm peoples fears or tick of someone else. There will always be negative comments

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Skid

@Snaplocket Even if the there were a lot on here it would still be the minority. The only way the majority of people hate it is if the game isn't optimized, the game controls like crap, or there is a game breaking glitch that is easy to get.

Switch

Harmonie

@Snaplocket Yeah, because that totally happened with US/UM didn't it? [/sarcasm]

People are allowed to be disappointed by subpar products, you know? And oftentimes, whether or not a game is going to be subpar is evident from its initial reveal, whether or not some like to admit it or not.

Granted we have not seen the 'initial reveal' of this yet. However, if the leaks of this being nothing but a Yellow remake, with only the original 151 present, and running on graphics that look like Sun/Moon's upscaled graphics it will be subpar. If that screenshot from April 1 is also true, than it's really bad, because it actually looks worse than Sun/Moon in some regards and is just as narrow in size.

Obviously, I'll give this a chance to prove itself... But once we get official information that cuts out all of the false leaks, it'll be evident whether this is worth getting or not.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Grumblevolcano

It really depends on what people's expectations are which is hard to determine because this is the first time ever that a mainline Pokemon game has appeared on a home console. With Fire Emblem Switch, people have Ike's games (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn) to look up to, the latter of which was even mentioned in the Fire Emblem Direct but with Pokemon the closest is the spinoffs Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Snaplocket It's arguable (especially on the content front) but I do agree on the topic of voice acting being much better in Shadows of Valentia.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Harmonie

@Snaplocket We're not talking about "most" people or even "some". You said you bet that ALL of the comments of disappointment would disappear and that EVERYONE would be excited. My intention is not to be so nitpicky with your words here. I just really tire of people making statements like this, always deriding even the slightest bit of dissent.

What you're probably actually seeing is that people who are disappointed with games tend to leave discussions after a while, leaving only those who are still enjoying the game. Much like you won't see me hanging around The Sims 4 forums much, but my disappointment for that game is still very real and I still feel very strongly about it.

Harmonie

Haru17

Snaplocket wrote:

Why on Earth do you expect Fire Emblem Switch to not have full voice acting? Especially after BOTW had voice acting.

Is that what you call full voice acting? They had like an hour of voiced cutscenes, that was it.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Late

I've been reading this thread daily and thought I'd throw some of my random thoughts here.

I'm fine with Yellow remakes though they almost appear to be sequels in a sense according to the rumors. I really wanted US/UM to take S/M story farther and let us explore Kanto with Lillie so I was already ready to go back to Kanto. I'm still hoping this is the continuation from those games and we'll meet Lillie along the way.

I would like to see other Pokémon appear before beating the game but it's not that big of a deal as long as I can get newer Pokémon after the main game. But I really hope they don't make the same mistake they made with FR/LG. I hated how you couldn't evolve Pokémon to their fullest if their evolution was from another generation.

One "fun" thing that came to my mind couple of days ago. Game Freak announced that Switch would get a main line Pokémon game but did they ever say anything about the 3DS? Who knows, maybe these games are for both Switch and 3DS? I'm just spitballing here. I'm not saying it will happen or even that I think it will happen but it's always a possibility. Games like Fire Emblem Warriors and Sushi Striker are on both consoles so why not Pokémon? I haven't seen anyone being upset that those games are on 3DS as well and bunch of people would still buy a new Pokémon game for 3DS. That said, I'm sure some would hate that and say that they had to keep the games simple because of 3DS's limitations.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Bolt_Strike

@Late Game Freak confirmed USUM were the last games for the 3DS, this game will be for Switch only.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Late

@Bolt_Strike I must have missed that then. Would have been fun if it were for both.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Skid

@Late I don't really think Nintendo would have liked it to be on 3DS too. You'd think they want to use pokemon to sell as many switches as possible since they have that hefty goal, and putting it on 3DS too would cut into those sales.

Switch

SKTTR

I couldn't get into Pokémon generations 4, 5, 6 and 7. I'm glad they're going back to the roots with the characters, world, and story. I hope they can go a new better direction from where they now seem to restart.

I hope they take some cues from the first-gen anime (for the story and overall feel) and the two PokéPark games (for some of the vivid world design) as well.

And if it's not too much to ask for, I would love to have "Pokémon Snap" and "Pokémon Trading Card Game" elements included in the main game as extras/sidequests. Would be so amazing if they can combine the 3 best Pokémon games into one.

Well, maybe TCG is too far-fetched. It's a complex game with lots of content. Maybe it can have its own sequel on Switch? I loved the Game Boy version.

And with Pokémon Snap elements I just mean the photo shooting, the smokeball throwing, the pokéflute whistling, and apple throwing - and none of that on-rails business.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

shadow-wolf

@KaiserGX Yeah I’d recommend you watch the movie, it’s not amazing but it’s neat how they made a Kanto where seeing Pokémon from Gen 2 through 7 years is considered normal.

Anyway you made some good points. It’ll be interesting to hear your thoughts once the games are officially announced!

shadow-wolf

Harmonie

Hopefully Nintendo learned their lesson with Super Smash Bros 4 to not duel release such a critical money-maker. Although I don't think it is anywhere near as big of a deal with the Switch than it was the Wii U, of course.

I just personally don't want to see Switch/Wii U games limited by also being released on the 3DS. It was acknowledged this was done with SSB4, and you just know GF would love to have that excuse to make a subpar 3DS experience for the Switch.

Harmonie

Grumblevolcano

Dual release would explain the Lapras screenshot rumour as the 3DS hardware is limiting (see for example Ice Climbers cut from Smash 4).

Grumblevolcano

link3710

@SKTTR Pokemon Sun and Moon already had something that matched that almost exactly... but man was it bad. It'd be nice to see it done right.

link3710

Arcamenel

I love my 3DS but I'm ready for a Switch Pokemon game. The 3DS needs to go slowly into the night. That being said these games have to be Generation 8 even if the region is Kanto to get people to buy a Switch for it. We need new Pokemon.

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

Buizel

Harmonie wrote:

Hopefully Nintendo learned their lesson with Super Smash Bros 4 to not duel release such a critical money-maker. Although I don't think it is anywhere near as big of a deal with the Switch than it was the Wii U, of course.

Learned what lesson? It was a great decision for Smash, and probably one that tested the waters for having such a big game at home and on the go. If it were Wii U only it probably would have underperformed and they may be reselling it to us on the Switch.

That said, I really hope we don't get this on the 3ds. The system has no shortage of pokemon games - it really is time to move on.

At least 2'8".

Harmonie

Buizel wrote:

Harmonie wrote:

Learned what lesson? It was a great decision for Smash, and probably one that tested the waters for having such a big game at home and on the go. If it were Wii U only it probably would have underperformed and they may be reselling it to us on the Switch.

That said, I really hope we don't get this on the 3ds. The system has no shortage of pokemon games - it really is time to move on.

What you say is quite possibly true, and I can't deny I'm happy for the scenario we're in where we're getting a new Smash instead of a port. However, I just can't help but think that a major system-seller like Super Smash Bros should not have also been released on the 3DS. It was even released on the 3DS first. I'm not sure how much of a system seller it might have been in the end if it had been Wii U only, but being on the 3DS most certainly didn't help matters.

Anyway, that's a discussion for another topic.

Pokemon's entrance to the Switch needs to be so much more than a 3DS game. Seriously.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

Buizel

@Harmonie I guess my point is that Smash and Pokemon are two very different situations. Smash for Wii U and 3DS met different needs - the traditional TV multiplayer experience and on-the-go gaming. With Pokemon? 3DS will just be a watered-down Switch experience or, as you address, the Switch version will be a glorified 3DS version. Not to mention one of the benefits of Switch's hybrid nature is that Nintendo can focus its resources into a single platform...

Actually - I do wonder if they would incorporate a Stadium-like mode? i.e. support for on-TV battles from the perspective of both players.

At least 2'8".

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic