Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 2,100

Ralizah

@meleebrawler This is actually the only 3D Mario game where I actively enjoy playing as Yoshi. I'd love to get a new 3D platformer with him as the main character one day.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Henmii

Just finished the endboss yesterday and I am only just over 200 moons, wich excites me a lot and at the same time makes me nervous (still almost 600 to go). But yeah, the game is REALLY good.

The artstyle is sometimes a bit off though, with those realistic things. But overall it looks great, with great music. It even has moody moments, something you wouldn't expect from a Mario.

And those transformations, fun stuff (my favorite so far is the pumpkin)! You have clear objectives in every world, but you can go off the path and explore anywhere. And its great that you don't get kicked out of the level after a moon (that would have been insane, seeing as how many moons there are).

Bosses are also fun, though the endboss didn't excite me as much as I hoped (its a repeat of a earlier boss, sort of). However, I suspect another (maybe better) endboss. I also like the 2D segments, they look great and are fun and you can spot them from a distance. 1 last thing: Its super easy though. However, I may get to the harder stuff now so we'll see!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

ValhallaOutcast

Post game question how many moons do you have to re-buy to get all the moons. obviously every kingdom has the main purchased moon, but than you can rebuy at any shop? want to get everything else out of the way the last 3 legit moons are recking me and want those to be the last 3 things I do

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

SKTTR

@ValhallaOutcast you have to buy 119 additional moons. it doesn't matter from where.
these 119 plus the 880 regular moons make 999.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

ValhallaOutcast

@Henmii yup enjoy lots to do post game, technically you only need 124 moons to beat bowswer and the story

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Henmii

I currently have over 300 moons. I now also have found some harder challenges, one very hard one in particular (I'll try that one later again).

Henmii

Swordsman83

Is this game for me if i not really a fan of platform games ?

As I’m really not very good at games that involve highly coordinated actions

How difficult is this game ?

Edited on by Swordsman83

Swordsman83

Nicolai

@Swordsman83 It's not difficult at all, especially since most of the time you're collecting some of a huge variety of moons and can always ditch a hard moon for an easier one if you ever come across it.

But its a platformer in and out. If you don't like platformers cuz you're not good at them, you'll do fine, but if you just don't like platformers, than I'm afraid you'll find this game very platformer-y.

Edited on by Nicolai

Visit the Super Mario Odyssey Challenge Thread! (minor spoilers)
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Swordsman83

Nicolai wrote:

@Swordsman83 It's not difficult at all, especially since most of the time you're collecting some of a huge variety of moons and can always ditch a hard moon for an easier one if you ever come across it.

But its a platformer in and out. If you don't like platformers cuz you're not good at them, you'll do fine, but if you just don't like platformers, than I'm afraid you'll find this game very platformer-y.

thanks for the information, all along i don't like platformers cos i keep dying or stuck at a level. in that case i will buy this together with the console during xmas.

Swordsman83

Swordsman83

Nicolai wrote:

thanks for the information, all along i don't like platformers cos i keep dying or stuck at a level. in that case i will buy this together with the console during xmas.

Swordsman83

Anti-Matter

Swordsman83 wrote:

Is this game for me if i not really a fan of platform games ?

As I’m really not very good at games that involve highly coordinated actions

How difficult is this game ?

Hiya !
Keep practice.
That's the key of playing Platformer games.
Timing is everything.
Jumping is the key to determine Success or Failed.
Keep practice Jumping with Right timing.
Try holding B Button with your Right Thumb while walking to make Mario running with High Speed so you can Jump so far to reach very far places.

Also, you can practice similar games like Mario Odyssey from LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER Switch version. That LEGO games has almost same Platformer aspect to reach very high places.

Remember, keep practice the Timing to Jump, Keep your eyes peeled to identify Hidden spots, Don't play with very Unstable Emotional feeling or you might ended by Tantrum.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Agriculture

It's very strange and not good at all that you can't use the d-pad for the 2D sections. I did the hardest one with a stick, and it wasn't fun.

Agriculture

-Green-

Hmm. Maybe I should try those again. Don’t recall ever struggling at all with the 2D sections.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Agriculture

-Green- wrote:

Hmm. Maybe I should try those again. Don’t recall ever struggling at all with the 2D sections.

Did you do the one in well outside Peach's castle?

Agriculture

-Green-

@Agriculture Yeah. I steamed through it on my third try. I was sort of in the flow in that time.

Agriculture

-Green- wrote:

@Agriculture Yeah. I steamed through it on my third try. I was sort of in the flow in that time.

It takes the fun out of it not to be able to use your d-pad.

Agriculture

-Green-

Agriculture wrote:

It takes the fun out of it not to be able to use your d-pad.

Agree to disagree then. I did fine without it.

Ralizah

Not being able to use the D-buttons in the 2D sections was indeed quite disappointing. Not to the point where it ruined those sections, but it's still annoying.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

SKTTR

I was surprised that in the 2D sections Mario controls more like he does in Super Mario Bros. (NES) than the more streamlined New Super Mario Bros. / Super Mario Maker 2D-Mario.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic