Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 2,057

Grumblevolcano

Racing outfit available now (8000 coins for helmet + suit).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Since the 1.2.0 update, all weeks except 1 had either hint art posted on social media and the News section of the Switch or new outfits available to buy in the shops. The reward of the hint arts are 8 bit Luigi giving you coins.

There's speculation that this and Luigi's Balloon World are to keep the game fresh during the wait for paid Odyssey DLC with new kingdoms. If there does end up being paid DLC it'll likely be announced next week during E3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Grumblevolcano I don't think people care about these hint arts... I'm not sure why they're doing it, especially when it's just coins?

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Whether people care or not, it still shows that Mario Odyssey is still being supported in some way. You said yourself there was a time where MK8 Deluxe DLC was very unlikely due to the large gap between launch and that time with no support outside of bug fixes. The hint arts, costumes and Luigi's Balloon World combined means there isn't a large gap so DLC wouldn't get buried.

Grumblevolcano

Octane

@Grumblevolcano Oh, if we're talking about the chance of Odyssey getting substantial DLC, I don't think it will happen. They would've announced it already I think. These weekly hint arts don't change that.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane I think if not announced at E3, paid DLC will seem unlikely (especially with Nintendo's decision to only cover 2018). But until then, it's an E3 prediction to be announced during the Nintendo Direct.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

splatmax

If they were to add a dlc what would it even be, a new kingdom?

splatmax

bluemage1989

I think some new DLC kingdoms would be cool especially based off of previous games best world's.

bluemage1989

Grumblevolcano

Yeah, DLC kingdoms would be the best way to expand Odyssey. Given Nintendo showed very little outside of Smash at E3 (the 2nd half of 2018 looks very quiet so far on the Nintendo front), I wouldn't rule out the possibility of DLC kingdoms being announced in a Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Rango Outfit available now.

Grumblevolcano

Henmii

The hidden Luigi's are fun and all, and the outfits look cool. But lets face it: The outfits are basically useless if you have almost every moon. I am basically done with the game. Now I am just grinding coins over and over again in Bowser's kingdom so I can buy the oufits. I just rather have new kingdoms with new transformations and new moons. Gives me a reason to use those outfits.

Or just make a very strong sequel. No pressure though. Other franchises need some love too. They could also make a totally new Mario 3D platformer in 5 years time. My point just is that the outfits are pointless if you are done with the game. The dream-friends in Kirby star allies have more usage, especially in multiplayer but also when you want to do the timetrial in a new way!

Henmii

Zyrac

@Henmii This is what Balloon World is for. It's by far the best source of coins as well as just something reasonably fun to do while you're dressed up. Messing around with the screenshot feature is always good for a bit of a laugh, as well. There may not be a whole lot going on here, but it isn't nothing.

Zyrac

Twitter:

toiletduck

@Henmii I couldn't care less about the extra outfits, for me it only feels like a chore. I loved the single player campaign and returning to a few awesome kingdoms for some extra moons, but after that game was done for me. I'll probably start a new campaign somewhere in the coming half year though.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Henmii

@Zyrac,

Yeah balloon-world: Forgot about that. Its fun, but I'll probably keep on grinding on Bowser's kingdom.

Henmii

Grumblevolcano

I've mostly been playing Balloon World surrounding the new costume releases. Sure I could use my 9999 coins on lots of bonus moons from the shop to get the 999 moon ending but while there's still a chance I could get those extra moons by exploring DLC kingdoms, I'd rather get it the exploration way.

I'll probably give up hope for DLC kingdoms if nothing's announced by the end of the year.

Grumblevolcano

sdbillustrations

I hope we get something similar to Octo Expansion or a full on sequel for Mario Odyssey.

Maybe with dlc they would feel more willing to give us a new story or direction for mario. Maybe get Wario in there.

sdbillustrations

sdbillustrations

Thinking about...

Super World's sequel led to the spin off series Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Land's Sequel led to the spin off series Wario Land
Super Mario 3D World led to the spin off series Captain Toad

Why not for the the DLC try something out for a potential spin off, maybe play as a different character like Wario or Waluigi or maybe introduce a new character that might lead to a spin off series without the big risk of starting with a new game.

Test stuff out.

sdbillustrations

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic