Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 2,057

Kimyonaakuma

I'm finding the final kingdom quite frustrating but apart from that I haven't found things too difficult. Perhaps challenging in a fun way but not annoying.

Getting under 26 seconds on that circuit was really frustrating though! It felt like I had achieved something afterwards so that's good I guess?

Purple coins are another thing entirely, I don't see myself collecting all of them any time soon....

Kimyonaakuma

gcunit

GoldenGamer88 wrote:

Had one try early on where I got to 98, looked at the counter, choked up and failed two jumps away. Was screaming and crying in pain, no jokes.

Untitled

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

@NEStalgia Picture match isn't too bad if you screenshot the image before it's scrambled and then refer back to it religiously while constructing Mario's face. Weird thing is that I've gotten higher scores for matches that I thought looked worse.

Re: Breakdown Road (the dark side level with the giant bullet bill and tiny platforms), I went back to it and completed it to see what I was doing to get it. So the way I beat it was to get in a rhythm across the platforms: long jump --> jump --> long jump --> jump, etc. When you first land after a long jump, you get a speed boost that allows you jump across normally to the next platform. The hardest part was making sure I jumped exactly at the end of a platform so I got enough air time and didn't smack into the side.

I did this just a minute ago... very imperfectly, but it got the job done.

And yeah, I have no idea how people stumble across glitches with insanely specific activation conditions. Like, who does that combination of things in the course of normal gameplay?

@gcunit Can't say I'm a fan of the minigame, but if you throw down the gauntlet like that, I can't very well NOT play ball, you know? (ignore the mixed metaphors)

It sounds like it's a lot easier for you than it is for me, though, so I won't be surprised if you beat me again!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@GoldenGamer88 That.....isn't even a little encouraging....

@Kimyonaakuma Those hatless trials in the kingdom before the last kingdom are sheer torment. Worse than the actual last kingdom, IMO. Much, much worse, though I haven't yet completed either, I feel like the last kingdom I CAN complete. The other things....just...no.

@ralizah Picture match isn't bad, or doesn't feel bad, but the scoring tells me its bad. My pictures don't look too bad to me, but I get like 64 points which makes no sense. I'm screenshotting but I don't need it, I have the right parts in the right places, but it's about PRECISELY lining them up. Are you talking about the first round through them or the second where they must be exact? First time was easy....second time...no.

Ahh, smacking into the side has been one of my biggest problems. Not sure I can get that pattern, BUT I was long-jumping on each one...maybe that will help.

Yeah, I've never understood the glitch location....I realize people are trying to find them....but who would try that combination to even find a glitch intentionally?

NEStalgia

gcunit

@Ralizah First attempt after the kids went to bed:

Untitled

Yeh, turns out it is easy, isn't it

I lost focus around 230 and my timing went, but I managed to get it back under control just for you

JoyBoy

@Ralizah Is that you, with the Bullet bill level, challenging yourself?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Ralizah

@Spanjard Reproducing what I did before to obtain that particular moon.

gcunit

@Ralizah Touché

But meanwhile, I found another mini game...

Untitled

JoyBoy

@Ralizah Ic. I admire your skill, and correct me if i’m assumIng you don’t know, but can’t you just capture that bullet bill behind you?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Ralizah

@Spanjard It's the harder version of the challenge that you have to complete without your cap.

Kimyonaakuma

@gcunit 23.57 seconds!? I spent most of last Friday night trying to get under 26

Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

@NEStalgia Those hatless trials were so difficult! I never realised how much I depended on Cappy for my jumps...

The final kingdom is giving me some problems still. It's not that it's impossible it's just the lack of checkpoints makes things difficult

Kimyonaakuma

ValhallaOutcast

always been curious why do some moons have that longer animation after collecting them? does anyone know?

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Ralizah

@gcunit Untitled

That probably took me a solid hour to pull off, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

GoldenGamer88

@ValhallaOutcast Because they are very special Moons, may it be story-related ones or a Triple Moon.

Honestly, the last two kingdoms, though both had their hard sections (particularly the disappearing platforms one in Dark Moon and that wall climbing bird section in the final kingdom) but they were catwalks in comparison to that jumprope.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

gcunit

@Ralizah I like your attitude to all this.

Now do it again, but better

Untitled

Untitled

@Kimyonaakuma 26 seconds? I think Captain Toad could walk round it faster than that

Edited on by gcunit

Kimyonaakuma

@gcunit Don't compare me to him!

Ill just have to do better....and there is PLENTY of room for me to improve

Kimyonaakuma

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic