Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 2,057

gcunit

@Kimyonaakuma Aye, plenty

PS. People who change their usernames should be made to put their old name in their sig or something, cos for the life of me I can't think what your last one was now

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Kimyonaakuma

@gcunit I'll try and improve tonight!

....err i haven't changed my username so I'll assume that you're mentioning someone else

Kimyonaakuma

Octane

Can I send my Switch + game to one of you, so that you can complete all those stupid mini games for me? I pay in ogocoins.

Octane

Ralizah

@gcunit I don't think it'll take too long to beat the jump-rope score, but the rc racing one? We'll see, man. I struggled to shave just that much time off of my total.

Either way, I'll find out soon!

@Octane I googled "ogocoins" and came up with search results for some weird 5 month old domain names. Explain yourself.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Luna_110

Are the mini games so frustrating? I haven't made it to them yet, I just finished the Wooded Kingdom.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Kimyonaakuma

@Luna_110 I'd say that they're easy to play but hard to master!

The online leaderboards just shred my confidence to pieces though because everyone else is SO good

Kimyonaakuma

ValhallaOutcast

@Ralizah this moon and volleyball are all I have left not sure that video made it look easier lol just gotta keep trying

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Ralizah

@ValhallaOutcast For volleyball, if you activate two player mode, put Mario to the side, and use Cappy to hit the ball, it's a LOT easier to get those moons.

Edited on by Ralizah

NEStalgia

@Ralizah discovered my new trophy for stupidest moon in the game that's impossible to figure out without a guide: "a treasure made of coins"...... That is absurd without a guide and still stupid with a guide.

Still can't do the rope either

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia There are a couple of moons that are so well hidden that I have no idea how you're supposed to find them without a guide. Haven't looked into that particular one you mentioned, however.

@gcunit

Untitled

I'm just going to leave this here.

NEStalgia

@Ralizah it's very obscure.... You have to consider multiple objects that aren't seemingly related or important and use them in a way that seems to not be meaningful or purposeful for a rediculously long time. It's almost as obscure as exploiting the jump rope glitch except the game EXPECTS you to figure out you're supposed to do this. And figure out it's actually doing anything at all. Makes me think the jump rope glitch is that actual intended solution

Also i would have some words about that jump rope screen but then sanya would ban me.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia I just looked up the moon in question to see what you were talking about. This sort of thing is the reason I'll never fully swear off outside help for games. I'd rather clear a game with some minimal level of help and actually enjoy it then complete it fully on my own and hate its guts for moons like that.

The jump rope is weirdly easy once you figure out how to consistently score 100+ on it. It's hard to explain.

NEStalgia

@Ralizah yeah. I always feel like guides are cheating, but then i remember that this is Nintendo. Back in the 80s they kind of rigged it so the official guide or hint line was essential in some games, so it shouldn't feel broken.

I can't get to 49 consistently.... Did that once...

NEStalgia

Krull

Ugh, the volleyball minigame! The skipping and RC race weren't a problem, but I'm not sure I can be bothered to try for 100+ in the volleyball. The only satisfaction I get is spiking the ball into the other guy's face...

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

GoldenGamer88

@Krull Using co-op mode makes this challenge fairly easy. Just move Mario outside the court and use Cappy on his own. I‘d also recommend you stay in the centre as best as possible.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Krull

@GoldenGamer88 That's genius. Never thought of that. Thanks!

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

gcunit

@Ralizah You do that...

Untitled

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

dkxcalibur

I've finished the main story. I've started to go back and collect any moons that I missed and the ones available after you finish the game.

I know I have every moon available prior to finishing the game....except for the damn jump rope one! My best is in the 60's I think but I can get into the 40's every time I try. I tried using the scooter and was worst. I don't think I'll ever get it! I had no problem with the volleyball though, I got that one on my second try, got to 102 or something and instantly quit! It wasn't fun, I did it all for the moon and I now have no desire to ever replay it.

I will agree that some of the well hidden moons seem impossible without looking at a guide. I had trouble with the binocular one on the Cap Kingdom! I knew it was something with the binoculars but I had no clue what.

dkxcalibur

Switch Friend Code: SW-5151-3792-5816 | 3DS Friend Code: 5043-3314-9733 | My Nintendo: dkxcalibur | Nintendo Network ID: dkxcalibur

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic