Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 2,057

Burning_Spear

I'm having trouble finding a few of the power moons, even with Talkatoo's sometimes-vague hints. I'm trying not to buckle and buy the hints from Toad. Am I torturing myself, or are there some that are just so well hidden that the 50-coin hints are a must? No spoilers, please.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

Scrummer

@Burning_Spear Getting hints from the hint toad as well as Uncle Amiibo are incredibly helpful, and if you're trying to 100% I would say they're a must.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Kimyonaakuma

Does anyone know how long this game should take to beat? I've been playing this for a few hours everyday since Christmas day and I'm pretty sure I'm at one of the final kingdoms ( Luncheon Kingdom? )

I've been taking my time and collecting at least 2 thirds of the moons and regional coins before moving on but it still feels like it is moving too fast. I'm really enjoying this but I'm worried that it will finish before I'm ready for it do so!

So what I'm asking is does the game have much more content after where I am currently either in Kingdoms or Post Game content? Or maybe there are moons that aren't on the list? Any answers would be great but I'd like to remain spoiler free, even if that makes answers kind of vague

Edited on by Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

TuVictus

Don't you worry about running out of things to do, is all ill say

TuVictus

Ralizah

@Kimyonaakuma A large amount of the content in this game is only accessible after you beat the story.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Kimyonaakuma

@Operative2-0 @Ralizah @Tsurii Thank you for all of your replies!
I was just worried that I was going too quickly, but it's a relief to know that I have plenty of other things to do after the story.

....I'm not ready for the game to end because it's better than I thought it was going to be, and already had some high expectations

Kimyonaakuma

SKTTR

@Burning_Spear

Paying 50 coins for a missing hint is a waste of coins if you have an amiibo, but it's the only possible way to get missing hints if you don't have an amiibo.

If you have an amiibo you can talk to the amiibo-Talkatron (or whatever it's English name is), scan your amiibo in, wait 5 minutes, and get a hint without wasting coins.
If you have 3 amiibo you can get up to 3 hints in 5 minutes without using coins. Then you can repeat the process as much as you want (until all hints are unlocked).

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Burning_Spear

Thanks for all the responses. I guess I'm going to give in to inevitability and use an Amiibo or the hint toad. It seems that some of the power moons are impossible to find without a hint or the absolutely wildest stroke of luck.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

Scrummer

@Kimyonaakuma It took me about 10 hours to complete the game, but I have about 35 logged in and I haven't even completed it yet.

Scrummer

Leon_Kennedy

Does anyone have trouble pulling off the spin throw? I’d been coping fine without it but I came to a power moon where it was handy but I really struggled to do it which was pretty frustrating.

Leon_Kennedy

Kimyonaakuma

@Scrummer Yeah I completed the story a few days ago and there seems to be A LOT to do now. It was a nice surprise though!

@Leon_Kennedy I find it quite challenging but I thought it was just me. I can sometimes do it by swinging the controllers to the side but I usually have to spin the control stick and press Y.
It's a cool move but it's annoying to do

Kimyonaakuma

spaceagehero

I've been playing fairly consistently since the game was released and only have 550 moons. Not sure if I have the patience to keep going for much longer tbh.

spaceagehero

Luna_110

I prefer to use the hint toad and the amiibo thing, since I'm aiming (at least for now) for the 100%.
What is more complicated sometimes are the final purple coins of each world since you don't have hints for that.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Simkro

Hi there ! I made this fan art for this beautiful game, i don't know where to drop it ! I hope you'll like it !
[removed]

Edited on by Octane

Simkro

Scrummer

@Simkro Cool!

Scrummer

Simkro

@Scrummer Thank's bro !
i'll maybe make music of splatoon, i'll see

Simkro

bluemage1989

Just finished the story and was very happy so far. Looking forward to all the postgame stuff. At around 400 power moons so far and will keep going till it stops being fun but can see myself going for 100%. Purple coins though they will be a real ballache I think.

A few things I loved.

Great worlds. New Donk being a standout maybe even the best 3D Mario world ever made.

Looks great plays smooth. Great controls.

The jumping on the final world felt great.

Good outfits/collectibles

A few things I didn't like though.

Coop was awkward and just not very fun. Would have liked some second character action but guess was not possible.

Luncheon Kingdom. Just hated everything about it.

The hint art moons are a great idea but seem a bit to abstract to find. Sure a lot of people enjoy them but don't work for me.

bluemage1989

gcunit

Been keeping out of this thread to avoid spoilers, having been only playing this in fits and starts, not particularly going crazy for it. But jumped in again last night and finally advanced to New Donk City, and it's become a lot more fun for me (not to say it wasn't fun before, but it wasn't quite living up to expectations).

All I got to say for now is, @Ralizah, you gotta up your game bro'!

Untitled

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Agriculture

Does anyone else feel this game is too "digital"? In Super Mario 64 you could get the wing cap and fly around organically, reaching any height. In Odyssey you can capture a Gushen which lets you "fly" an exact distance from the ground. In Super Mario Sunshine you can dash around the world any way you want. In Odyssey you have three basic outcomes, either the jump works, or it's never going to work, or you can do that "combo trick" where you bounce of your hat, which is just annoying to do with the motion controls.

In other Mario games you have been able to get to places by repeatably try to use Marios existing move sets more efficiently. Even Bethesda games have that now, letting you climb anywhere just by trying to jump and move over slopes. I don't even think Mario reacts to the slope of whatever he is standing on anymore (which he did in 64).

Agriculture

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic