Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 2,057

Maxz

@Operative2-0 The joke was one post, two replies, and a follow-up post. Which is now shorter than the current debate about "whether the joke went on too long". I'd insert the obligatory 'no fun allowed' image, but it doesn't seem worth the effort.

Anyway, speaking of fun, this game is... probably fun, but I wouldn't know because it's still not here yet! It's 'out for delivery' so I'm listening out for the doorbell like a hawk.

My Red Joy-Cons have been dispatched too, although they're due to arrive on Nov 1st so a little more patience is needed.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Octane

@BLP_Software I stopped at 111 yesterday, makes you wonder how long the game is. I've heard the ''main'' game is surprisingly short.

Octane

Inertiacreep

@GoldenGamer88 well i did not read your post but it sounded like you were basically telling the whole beginning of the game.. "lvl 1 is this kingdom, lvl 2 is this kingdom, lvl 3 is this kingdom" etc

finally downloading now, will get to play in like 30-40 mins.

Inertiacreep

Bunkerneath

YEY! Mine just got delivered, come on 1pm so i can play it (i'm at work and can't wait til lunchtime now)

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

@Inertiacreep Well, if you‘re that picky about spoilers, I‘ll use spoiler tags for anything I say in this thread from now on. Also the two Kingdoms are not the first two you visit. Just sayin.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Inertiacreep

@GoldenGamer88 i dont think thats picky... how much more of a spoiler can there be than laying out the whole progression of the game?

Inertiacreep

GoldenGamer88

@Inertiacreep Well, I could tell you all the Moons I‘ve found so far, list all the other kingdoms and so on. Now, those would be spoilers! But obviously, I‘m not that cruel.

Look, I‘m sorry for calling you picky. It wasn‘t my intention to spoil you nor anyone else. All I did was point out that they were still guiding somewhat from point A to point B instead of letting you do so through exploring. I didn‘t specify which point A to which point B, which would‘ve been spoiler territory to me. Now, should I have name-dropped those two kingdoms? No. Did I? Yes. Am I sorry for that? Of course! It was simply my interpretation of the term 'spoiler' that anything shown in trailers was outside of spoiler territory. Yours obviously includes trailer content in said territory and I‘ll need to respect that. At the end, I‘m sorry for my misbehavior and I‘ll try my best to remember to use spoiler tags on anything specific in regards to Odyssey in the near future.

Inertiacreep

@GoldenGamer88 i know, I've seen the various kingdoms that have been revealed but i don't know how they play out in the game and like i said i stopped reading right away when it sounded like you were describing the whole beginning so i don't know how much you said but thanks
Just finished downloading

Inertiacreep

Honelith

Best way to avoid spoilers is to avoid a thread talking about the game.

Honelith

Switch Friend Code: SW-0658-7331-4900

GoldenGamer88

@Inertiacreep Enjoy the game, it‘s the experience of a life time.

TuVictus

@Maxz needlessly long posts with nonsense doing nothing but mocking people. So yeah, I'm glad it's run its course, now.

Now back to the game, I keep forgetting capturing is a thing. Leading to some confusion for some moons

TuVictus

JaxonH

Preloaded, woke up with the game ready to go, got through the first cut scene then had to leave for work...
Aww man, I just wanna play some Mario

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

1UP_MARIO

@JaxonH I think everyone knows how you feel.

They don't need to fight no more.
Untitled

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Maxz

@Operative2-0 For what it's worth, I was mocking myself as much as anyone. I don't think it's harmful to poke fun at oneself once in a while.

Also, this thread has been frequently filled with messy long (and often very odd-topic) posts ranging from earnest Zelda game ranking to 'how toilets work'.

My brief spell as 'Optimax' consisted of two posts, each two short paragraphs in length, and few people got a chuckle out of it, which was nice to see. I genuinely didn't expect anyone to take offence from it, and I apologise if I've touched a nerve.

Anyway, the joke's over. We've collectively make sure that it's well and truly dead in the water. No risk of it rearing its head whatsoever. And certainly not shaking it.

More importantly, Odyssey has arrived! ALL THE FUN IS ALLOWED!!! HOORAAAAY!

TL;DR: Joke is over. Mario is here. Yay!

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

rk3388

Pre-order was not going to come in on time, so went to Walmart early this morning! I was there about 45 min after opening and they guy was talking about he didn't understand why people were there since 30 minutes before opening (6:30 am) when they had over 100 copies So if any Canadians were afraid, Walmart's got lots of copies today.

Happy Odyssey day!

rk3388

CroRock

My copy just arrived (what a nice surprise).
Playing in docked mode and experienced some “slowdown” like jumping delay when I press B in starting area near waterfalls. Like some kind of lag I had sometimes in BOTW in graphically demanding area.
Is it normal or it’s my Switch (god forbid)?
Anyone here with same problem?

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Scrummer

My favorite review of this game has to be a foreign user review on metacritic that gave it a 3, saying that it was trying to copy GTA.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Inertiacreep

oh the 3rd lvl and as my first AAA game on switch i have to say this is def GOTY to play while waiting for real GOTY Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

that jump they showed at E3 or whatever where the girl played cappy in 2p mode with the huge coin stacks, I just died about a million times trying to make but finally did it after a few deaths in 2p mode.

but it really does look pretty amazing graphically on my 2560x1440 monitor, for the size of the switch and what it is, im just amazed at the games this thing is going to have.. like mario is just a sample of how good Xenoblade is going to look, that game is going to be incredible.

edit: i forgot to say though I think the 8bit NES parts they implemented in the levels are what really makes this game such a pinnacle mario game (not pinnacle of gaming industry as that guy insists ) on top of the quality in every area of the rest of the game design.

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

gcunit

Yay! My copy arrived. Played about an hour.

First impressions... BotW probably made a more instant 'wow' on me, because unless I'm mistaken, they've used a different camera system in Odyssey and early doors I'm finding it moves about too much without my input.

And those mesh overlay/artefact things need to go.

But undeniably a terrific game to come.

Love the photo mode.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

veeflames

Haha, so Amazon actually shipped my order, AT MIDNIGHT!

Oh jeez, it's so exciting. I might actually have a chance to play this brilliant game today. I simply cannot wait for the waves of evening to crash at my feet and sweep me away in its bliss silence while I immerse myself in this incredible-looking game.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic