Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Series Discussion

Posts 281 to 300 of 324

yokokazuo

@DarthNocturnal yeah... has the official price for the Switch here been announced? (Although at the current exchange rate it is looking like $400...)
So far in the trailer, Fates, Awakening and Shadow Dragon seem confirmed. I'm hoping for other series as well though.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

yokokazuo

@DarthNocturnal oh... I heard someone say $70 for either the Joy-Con (pair I think?) or the pro controller, but I assumed it was the CAD price since PS4 controllers are $75 I think.
I guess it does have gyro though and that "HD rumble", but it is still a little pricy...

The Canadian dollar sucks

yokokazuo

yokokazuo

With the Fire Emblem Direct coming up and more details being given on Warriors and (probably) the mobile title, I wonder if we will finally get a release date for the Corrin amiibo. Corrin, Bayonetta and Cloud sure are taking their time... but we've at least seen an image of the Bayonetta amiibo.

yokokazuo

yokokazuo

The direct is confirmed to be worldwide now with tweets from NoA, NoE and NCL.

Also Japanese tweet says they will start with the mobile game then also deliver information related to the Fire Emblem series directly as well.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

jump

DarthNocturnal wrote:

I actually hope that the rumor of a Fates port is legit (and judging by the naming used in the website source code, there's a good chance of it). I got Birthright, but never played it (although I have a huge 3DS backlog... havn't even really started Pokemon Sun/ Moon either), and I was a bit sour over Special Edition being so rare. If this is a port AND a “compiled“ version (judging by the subtitle, it seems likely), I'm all for it.

It's looking like the Fates port isn't real as there's other 3DS games in the code stating it's for Switch but it's linked to the 3DS.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Luna_110

I'm going to miss the Direct, damn it! Stupid University.

As for the Fates rumor, I think it may be a warning that Warriors may spoil some details about Revelations, like both families fighting together or the real bad guy of that universe.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

yokokazuo

One prediction I'll make will be either the Radiant series combined for Switch or maybe Radiant Dawn coming to Wii U VC. (Not sure since there aren't many more games being added, I think Switch VC could also be a possibility though)

yokokazuo

yokokazuo

No Corrin amiibo release yet...?

However there was a lot announced in the Direct!
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (Which appears to be a remake of Gaiden) is coming to the 3DS on May 19th!
Fire Emblem Warriors is coming to Switch and new 3DS in the Fall, Just Chrom was seen fighting I think.
A new main series Fire Emblem is coming to Nintendo Switch next year!
And Fire Emblem Heroes is the name of the mobile game releasing February 2nd on the Google Play store and soon on iOS with preregistering starting January 19th on Google Play. (Seems to be opposite timed exclusivity of Mario Run) Looks like many characters from the series may be featured in the game.

yokokazuo

yokokazuo

DarthNocturnal wrote:

So we got;

• A remake of Gaiden for 3DS
  • Two new amiibo
  • A Switch game for 2018
  • Warriors coming in the Fall of this year, and for N3DS
  • Fire Emblem Heroes

Pretty solid Direct, in my opinion.

I only ask that magic users no longer cast from HP in Shadows...

Ah forgot to put the amiibo in my post
I only expected a new game announcement or a remake (most likely Gaiden or else Radiant games), but we got both! Fire Emblem Warriors for new 3DS caught me by surprise, but I'll probably just get the Switch version anyways.
I feel like Gaiden's mechanics have kind of grown on me though so I wouldn't mind using health for attacks.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

Ryu_Niiyama

So my reaction to the direct:
Untitled

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

yokokazuo

@DarthNocturnal haha, yeah that is true. Nintendo has said that they are keeping all (or most maybe?) of Gaiden's mechanics so it could stay in Echoes.
https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote
I think this is the first time we actually have a Fire Emblem theme with English lyrics. (Also Japanese site has it in Japanese of course)

yokokazuo

yokokazuo

@DarthNocturnal haha, it was called nosferatu even as light magic in Radiant Dawn right?
I could see them still keeping the name for its familiarity, but I could also see it changed possibly and maybe back to resire.

Also thanks to the Fire Emblem Heroes event, we now have an official English name for every game and character of the series.
An odd name change though is Murdock who is now Marduk according to The Binding Blade's character section.

yokokazuo

yokokazuo

@DarthNocturnal Ah right, I had forgotten about some of the localisations they had done before on names. And also Binding Blade came about with Owain's speeches.

I was lucky to come by New Mystery of the Emblem when I was on exchange in Japan, saw it for sale used so I also got it for a good price. And Wi-Fi was still available so I got access to the DLC and also some things from the online shop too. But an English release would be very welcome, I'd hope that it would include the BS Fire Emblem chapters and DLC. I didn't get it on Japanese VC, but I wonder if the DLC is included with the eShop release since the online store is still available in Shadow Dragon and I assume New Mystery too.

Pokémon and Fire Emblem could be interesting too, I think I still have Conquest lying around somewhere...

yokokazuo

yokokazuo

@DarthNocturnal oh wait, really? I didn't know about that.
And never mind about New Mystery, I thought it was, but it seems I was mistaken. However Shadow Dragon does in fact have the shop without the need for online now in the VC version.
Some days I miss Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection...

It doesn't seem like the Wii U will get much more virtual console games after the Switch's release, but I hope to see some DS games I've missed out on before then. Since the Switch seems to be a single-screen only experience, I question how DS VC can continue on unless Nintendo has a future handheld that has dual screens (again), but that may not be for some time.

Also back to Fire Emblem, does anyone have all the lyrics to the English Fire Emblem theme played in the Direct and also available on the Heroes event website? I've never been good at understanding most song lyrics I can get some of it, but not everything

yokokazuo

OneBagTravel

Okay I fired up a translated SNES version of Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem. It's pretty dang slow compared recent entries. I had no issues with the movement or battling but getting through a simple mission takes an hour when a similar mission would take 10 minutes today. I was excited to get into the older series but this might kill it for me.

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

yokokazuo

@OneBagTravel Mystery of the Emblem is the only one I don't currently own yet since I have the remake, but I may get it eventually. However I have been playing through Shadow Dragon and the Sword of Light as well as Gaiden and I kind of know what you mean. I don't have that much of an issue with the older games, but I think they may just take some getting used to. I'll have to time how long it takes to beat a chapter in Shadow Dragon though and compare it though. (Gaiden's chapters sometimes vary and I think some aren't too long)
Also Genealogy of the Holy War in particular does have long chapters and massive maps, but then that game doesn't have that many chapters. And you can save in the middle of the map, I believe at the start of every turn.

yokokazuo

OneBagTravel

@yokokazuo I'm curious if they set the speed of the game due to hardware limitations but I can't really follow that theory due to seeing how a simple game like Super Mario World can render sprites and movement very fast. The SNES games look great over the NES versions but they play at the same speed. Kinda frustrating.

Maybe I should play them on emulator and just speed up the game that way haha.

Edited on by OneBagTravel

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

yokokazuo

@OneBagTravel it could also just be due to it being the first FE game on SNES, I'll have to check to make sure since I've been putting off FE4 and 5 until I at least beat Gaiden, but I feel like those allowed you to move your units faster.

yokokazuo

yokokazuo

Well, there are currently several My Nintendo discounts available for some Fire Emblem Virtuall Console games at 30% off for just 200 platinum coins each so I may be picking up Mystery of the Emblem. Sacred Stones is also on there so maybe I will get that, but I do already have the original cartridge and the ambassador game on 3DS.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

RatKing64

I am in the funny situation of owning several Fire Emblem games but never having played any of them. I bought Path of Radiance on GameCube when it was released back in 2005 and still have not played it. I own Shadow Dragon, Awakening and both versions of Fates (plus the DLC) and they are all unplayed so far. That is what happens when your gaming backlog is too big.

When Echoes was announced I decided that I had better start playing this series. I decided to go back and play the first of the western releases on GBA. I suppose this is the game that you all refer to as Blazing Sword. I really like it so far. I am part way into Elliwood's story and it is starting to become challenging. I had to repeat my last battle 3 times because an NPC died in one game ( due to the computer moving him too close to the enemy forces) and I accidentally left Elliwood exposed with low health in the next attempt. Third time was a charm.

Is there a way to skip the cinematics when you are repeating a mission?

I am going to really enjoy this series. I knew that I would because I love the Shining Force games and they are very similar. In fact, they are so similar that I suspect Shining Force was made to be Sega's response to Fire Emblem.

Edited on by RatKing64

RatKing64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.