Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,768

Dezzy

@Anti-Matter

They wouldn't have released the 13 trilogy as backward compatible if they had a port coming.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

I don't really see anything specially choppy. Honestly thought you would take a video of the actual racing.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

That does look like 15 fps to me.

Eel

Maybe it's just the twitter video crust hiding it, but it looks like regular FFVII to me.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dezzy

I think people have a range of sensitivity to frame rate. My brain starts going mental at anything under 30fps.

Eel

Yeah I don't usually notice framerates unless they're inconsistent or dreadfully low.

Like with FFIX. I noticed something was weird with it, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was until after a few hours.

Bloop.

Dezzy

@Morpheel

What's up with FF9? I haven't played this version.

JaxonH

Pretty significant upgrade over the last handheld version we got (Vita, the version I played)

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Man, I don't get why SE seems to have so much trouble properly porting the PS1 FF games.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

JaxonH wrote:

Pretty significant upgrade over the last handheld version we got (Vita, the version I played)
Untitled

This looks like it was just done by video compression or something. The Vita version looks great while you're playing it. It looks almost identical to the PS3 version last I checked.
In fact I'd even say it might be the best-looking version because the lower resolution means some of the low-res textures don't stand out as much.

Morpheel wrote:

@Dezzy it has this weirdly dream-like pacing to it, like, everything is in slow motion, but not at the same time.

Are you sure it's not just the fact that you've got the battles running in high speed so everything else just seems slow by comparison?

Edited on by Dezzy

JaxonH

@Dezzy
It’s been a couple years since I’ve played so I thought you might be right.

So I busted out my vita and did a side-by-side comparison right now. Definitely looks worse on the Vita. Not quite as much is the video shows but it’s noticeably lesser than. The lower res makes everything kind of blurry together, especially Tidus’ facial features.

Don’t give me wrong I still think it looks pretty good on the Vita all things considered, But looking at things side-by-side it’s a noticeable upgrade

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

@JaxonH

Yeah but that video screenshot is definitely untrue. That shows the PS2 version being less blurry than the Vita version, which is definitely not the case. The Vita has a higher screen resolution than the PS2 did.

Namco

I've finished Final Fantasy 7 today. My first time playing it. What a classic! I cried over a plot twist I knew was there years ago. This Final Fantasy entry may not have the best visuals or gameplay but it has the best characters and story, in my opinion.

So......... this is where boob's adventure comes to an end. Yes, I decided to give all the characters incredibly dumb names because the game allows it. Don't click the spoiler if you're not into this kind of advanced and sophisticated humor (also there's swearing):

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Dezzy

@ALinkToMyProfile

Lol you probably got a bit confused at the point where Yuffie actually does refer to Tifa as "boobs" then.
Haha

Namco

@Dezzy
xD Does she? That must've gone completely over my head then! So, even the creators of this game can get behind this humor!

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Ralizah

@ALinkToMyProfile I don't think the developers would have minded this somewhat juvenile humor. The game is full of it. You'd never get such irreverent weirdness in a modern Square-Enix JRPG.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it! It's an all-time classic, and the game that really cemented my love for the genre way back when.

I'll confess: Aerith's death didn't bother me. I was rather glad when it happened. Both because I knew the game wouldn't force her into my party again and because I ship Cloud x Tifa, and Aerith was... in the way.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Xyphon22

This seems as good a place as any to ask this since this thread is currently on the topic of FFVII and bad ports of these FF games. Obviously I've heard the PS Classic is bad, but how does it compare to this Switch port? I normally would never have thought about getting one but you can easily find it now for only $30, which is only $14 more than just this one game, and you get 19 others with it. However, FFVII is the only one I'm that interested in (I would also probably try Intelligent Qube, Rayman, Wild Arms, Syphon Filter, Mr. Driller, and I'd probably give Metal Gear Solid another shot even though I didn't like it when I played it years ago, but that's about it). And I would also play the Switch version a lot more because I wouldn't have to drag out and plug in another little console every time I wanted to play it. So what do you think would be the best way to go? Is the Switch version considerably better, performance-wise?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic