Forums

Topic: Excited for the Nindie Presentation?

Posts 141 to 152 of 152

Syndrome

@Blue551 Finally! Plz let it have a physical release too.....

Syndrome

Illusion

That direct went by way too fast and I "might" get the Messenger or Bad North but not too sure. When it ended I sat there for a minute waiting for another reveal but no. Then I tuned in to Tiny Build's direct and while the preshow was good, when it came down to it they previewed Garage and then that ended suddenly.
Guess I'll just have to wait for E3 to see all the big reveals. I hope.
Least I'll have DKC Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, and Megaman Legacy coming in May. Just going to have to replay my Switch library till then. BoTW to Kirby, here we go!

Illusion

TheTetrisGuy

I was super underwhelmed, which surprised me since my expectations were rock bottom. The new games don’t look bad, but none of them blew me away. Still no King of Cards release date, I would have bet money on that being revealed here. Soon I hope...

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

ilikeike

I was at school when it aired so I just watched it now. Honestly, I was just a bit underwhelmed. Not that it was bad or anything--it's just that it didn't have any awesome surprises in it, like the last Nindie presentation did with Travis Strikes Again, Golf Story, and Super Meat Boy. I still enjoyed it though, and the fact that Nitrome is developing a game for a Nintendo console warms my heart!

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

GrailUK

I noticed Jotun in the showcase. Blink and you miss it, but when Kirk Scott is introduced, there is a bucket load of games shown that I can't make out most lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Tops

The games seemed fine but nothing stole the show for me. They also need more charismatic presenters. Those two weren't particularly interesting to watch or listen to.

Tops

GrailUK

@Tops Oh I disagree. Damon is great and down to earth.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Lroy

GrailUK wrote:

I noticed Jotun in the showcase. Blink and you miss it, but when Kirk Scott is introduced, there is a bucket load of games shown that I can't make out most lol.

JOTUN is really good. Completed it on Wii U. Would buy again for Switch.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

KryptoniteKrunch

I thought it was pretty great. They didn't announce ports or sequels to popular indie series, but they did show off some cool looking new indie games that probably would've been overshadowed by big indie game announcements.

Now playing: SEGA Genesis Collection, Starlink, Smash Bros Ultimate

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Blathers

I guess developers are scrambling to transfer their games to Studio 2, seeing as many popular Game Maker games are still in 8, 8.1, and Studio. I remember when Risk of Rain got transferred to Studio from 8. It was a bit of a clumsy process how the developers had to work around dropped features and changed function calls. (I've worked with both, and I've seen RoR under the hood too)

they still haven't fixed all the bugs

But yeah, that along with other Game Maker games being untouched for so long worries me a little that the developers won't bother opening up their old games again.

Edited on by Blathers

Stay safe, kids: Make sure to save frequently during multiplayer, and always use a stylus!

3DS Friend Code: 1848-2106-5430

Tops

GrailUK wrote:

@Tops Oh I disagree. Damon is great and down to earth.

I'd say he's better on his own. Not as engaging as I think he could be (which will come with practice) but his presentation seemed more stilted with Kirk, who was the weaker of the two. I will say that it's nice that they're not overly enthusiastic PR people, but they still need to work on their presenting skills.

Tops

MsJubilee

Still nothing on Pocket Rumble and the developers haven't said anything about the port for months! It seems like it ain't happening.

I've died,there is no more me.

If it's bitter at the start. Then it's sweeter in the end.

Reading Metro 2034 & The Saga of Tanya The Evil light novel, also reading the manga( both are stellar may i add).

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic