Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,369

Ralizah

Got 83 points in the last testfire! Game would play beautifully in handheld mode if only I didn't have to click the left stick to block...

As it stands, I just avoid blocking.

If I get this, Ninjara will be my main. Holy crud, he is a fantastic fighter! Had some really tense matches against some pretty skilled people this time around. Only lost a few times, but when I did, it felt richly deserved because the other guy played so well.

The fact that the ball eventually explodes makes that volleyball game a waste. If both teams are skilled, it's just a matter of luck who gets the short end of the stick, because it'll eventually just drop regardless of what you do.

Button controls (other than blocking!) are really good. It feels SO much nicer using the triggers to punch.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

-Green-

It really hurts when two players in 1v1v1 decided to pop their rushes on you at the same time. I got juggled for like 400 points and lost because of it. I kind of wish rushes were more unique. They feel very bland.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

NightMoon

Well I've found my mains. Master Mummy and Ninjara. Going to be sticking with them for Arms. Maybe Min Min.

NightMoon

Switch Friend Code: SW-1763-0139-7023 | Nintendo Network ID: NightMoonArt

NaviAndMii

**Ouch!** Ooo - ow - ow - ow! My arms ache! ..in a good way! That Test Punch proved to be quite the workout! Good fun! (..even though I sucked! Haha!)

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

KirbyTheVampire

It's funny to watch someone you completely slaughtered pick the character you were just using to fight them, lol.

KirbyTheVampire

Grumblevolcano

Changing targets also works with moving the right control stick left or right. Much easier to get to than up on the dpad.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FGPackers

Ok again, like with Disgaea, demo changed my mind again. After a first not so good Testpunch i started clicking in the second one. In the first i made the mistake of not reading the tutorial (did not see it), and i discovered a lot of things: for example charging punches with dodge/jump buttons (before i did it only while guarding), or to make another example i did not know of rolling in a particular direction using joy-cons when getting up. I corrected a lot of "little" mistakes thanks to this and with Spring Man i really rolled: achieved also 20 wins in a row!! Now i have to say gameplay is really good lol Obviously got better with curving punches and i literally owned a Master Mummy by curving with the bird arm (don't remember the name). I have to admit i was right: all depends if you get gameplay straight. In my second Testfire things changed and i got a TOTALLY different feeling with the game. I'm really more than sold on this!! Can't wait for tomorrow second Testfire to continue!! This game is REALLY good!!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

KirbyTheVampire

@Debit I failed epicly with him, but maybe I'll give him another try next round now that I'm a bit better at the game.

KirbyTheVampire

FGPackers

@Debit i tried him: played some good and some bad. I will try to learn him in the actual game since he requires some intense practice. It is not good (more advertised i would say) to test a new game like this to me (and this was a factor in my first Testpunch. I used him a lot and i failed a lot. With a more easy one like Spring Man it was really different)

FGPackers

Ralizah

I really like how the game handles disconnects. If someone's connection drops, it doesn't just crash things for everybody: instead. it just instantly kills the player with the dropped connection and leaves everyone else in peace. Really good programming on Nintendo's part.

NightMoon

@Ralizah Yeah I really like that as well. When that one disconnents, the fight continues and it becomes a 1v1.

NightMoon

Ralizah

@NightMoon Also nets you a victory instantly if it happens in a 1v1 match.

Honestly, that's how it should be: if your internet sucks, you should be the one to get punished.

Way better than in Splatoon where everything just crashes when someone disconnects.

Zyrac

Played in the last two sessions and I've got a decent grip on the motion controls. Took about 45-60 minutes to feel comfortable, which is fine by me, but I worry a lot of people may not have the patience. Some folks will just decide a thing is dumb if they can't work it within two minutes.

I think Ribbon Girl and Master Mummy (I still keep wanting to call him Mummy Man) are my favourites right now. I like Mechanica's design but I don't really get what you're supposed to do with her. Armour plus hovering doesn't seem like a great combination of abilities. Ninjara seems kinda popular right now but I don't really care for him.

Really smooth online play, had a few disconnects but no apparent signs of lag. Good stuff.

Zyrac

Twitter:

TuVictus

Seems the mummy is my best character
I think there should really be some tweaking to 1v1v1 rules to either punish the people ganging up on someone else or buffing the other person or something
Nothing is more frustrating than having two people gang up pm you because they saw you have the most points

TuVictus

FGPackers

@Ralizah in Splatoon if one person disconnects the game keeps going. It just does it 3v4

FGPackers

NightMoon

@Ralizah I don't know about crashes, but in splatoon it becomes an uphill battle.

@Zyrac Yeah a lot of Ninjaras when I played. Along with lots of min min

NightMoon

Zyrac

@Operative2-0 Aren't the "points" actually the amount of money you'd be earning in the full game? Right now people may be competing to get the most in a session, but that's not really their purpose.

Zyrac

Twitter:

TuVictus

@Zyrac Regardless, you get more the more you win, so it's easy to see who's notorious for winning

TuVictus

Ralizah

@FGPackers Interesting. I remembered it differently.

Well, that's good to know.

meleebrawler

@Ralizah I don't mind the ball exploding. It provides an incentive for the team on the other side to be aggressive in keeping the ball off their side, and prevents matches between equally skilled players from dragging too long. It's the main timer that's bothersome, especially when it causes the ball to explode immediately at the end for a cheesy point.

In Splatoon, "crashes" are cause by either the server going down for some reason, or YOU are the one with a bad connection.

That aside, giving players free wins for not disconnecting is great. Now spiteful rage-quitters won't even get the satisfaction of denying them .

Finally, did anyone know you can earn money even while playing the warm-up?

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic