Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,369

FGPackers

@ValhallaOutcast it's not the rank. It's in-game currency. I think it resets because it's a demo, it should not based on what we saw in the ARMS Direct

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

KirbyTheVampire

People took my previous comment way too seriously, lol.

Also, is there some special strategy for using Helix? He seems like a pretty technical fighter. Or maybe I just suck at using his ability effectively.

KirbyTheVampire

Ralizah

@Proust I don't think it'll flop, but I also don't think it's the next Splatoon. It's an interest experiment from Nintendo. I like that they're taking risks these days. Online team-based shooter? Motion controls-focused competitive fighting game? Open world Zelda that subverts almost every convention the franchise has come to be known for? This is not the conservative, play-it-safe Nintendo I've grown accustomed to.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

FGPackers

@KirbyTheVampire you don't suck at him. It's really one of the most technical characters because of his abilities and his arms. Totally the opposite of Master Mummy.

Can't wait for next testpunch. I'm starting to want more. By the way i thought about it and i got really tired with my arms in the second half. Maybe it was that making the game a little bit frustrating to me, also because in the first half i won a lot, even a perfect match!! Again, with cool head i'm starting to think that mastering controls is the key that can change you as a player. Based on this i'm kind of re-evaluating the demo and the game itself, hype is flowing again

Edited on by FGPackers

FGPackers

Maxz

@Ralizah I'd agree with this. I don't think it'll flop. It's too much basic fun for that in my opinion. I don't think it'll take off like Splatoon, and I doubt even many people at Nintendo think that, but it's a compelling, novel and interesting fighting game that I think a lot of people will enjoy.

I'm viewing it a bit like 1080 or Wave Race or something, as a first party game that's unlikely to take off as a huge franchise, but is still thought of fondly and seen as a good example of what it was trying to be. It's not a semi-realistic sports title like they were, but it takes me back to a time when games could still do reasonably well, and not be deemed failures for not achieving world domination. I think the final Wii U drought and drip-fed Switch launch has got people placing a huge amount of importance on the sales of every first party title, and I'm sure there'll be lots of people trying to spin whatever the sales of this game are into some sort of weird agendered narrative. But I think it'll do at least reasonably, and pleasingly broadens the Switch's scope as a console just by existing.

Anyway, it certainly good to see the company making steps in all sorts of freaky and imaginative new directions. Splatoon was the game that made me get a Wii U, and between ARMS, Splatoon 2, Zelda and (hopefully just as novel) Odyssey, the Switch should be a good home for games that actually keep the medium alive and interesting.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

-Green-

I'm happy that they'll atleast keep on adding content to ARMS. I enjoyed seeing that happen in Splatoon, but hopefully it's not just stuff that the developers locked on the disc like some of the DLC for Splatoon.

I'm also hopeful that this game does well. I like seeing game communities thrive. Splatoon launched with some of the most bare bones content that I've ever seen, but it managed to grow into a semi respectable game by the end.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

meleebrawler

The game is as deep and long as how much you are willing to experiment. You will be constantly working towards unlocking new ARMs in the League no matter what you're playing, then testing them out while earning cash for the next batch of unlocks. The cash flow seems just right; not so slow that it feels like a slog, but not so fast that you unlock everything in marathon sessions (speaking of which, this is the first game from Nintendo in a while that seems to actually encourage long-ish play sessions, instead of the opposite, explicitly or otherwise like in Splatoon with map rotation or 3DS Zeldas repeatedly asking you to take breaks). An approximate half-hour in Party alone seems to earn enough for a quick round in the League.

All very much like in Smash Brothers. In fact, I suspect the Grand Prix will be similar to the Classic mode of older titles, with selectable difficulties offering greater reward, but also incurring greater cash penalties for continuing.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Nicolai

I don't know if this has been said yet, there's been so many posts since the first Testpunch, but according to GameXplain, you change targets by pressing 'up' on the direction buttons of the left joycon when using motion controls.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

KirbyTheVampire

@Nicolaison I thought you could also do it by pressing the + button as well? Maybe I'm wrong, though.

KirbyTheVampire

Ralizah

I've also been able to change targets with the face buttons and right control stick.

FGPackers

Hype is raising for testpunch!! Less than half hour!!

FGPackers

NightMoon

@FGPackers Don't tease me. It has to be now! I want to play now!

NightMoon

Switch Friend Code: SW-1763-0139-7023 | Nintendo Network ID: NightMoonArt

KirbyTheVampire

Can you punch with the triggers on the Pro controller?

KirbyTheVampire

Nicolai

@KirbyTheVampire @Ralizah I didn't try +, but I distinctly remember flinging the control sticks in all directions to no avail. I wonder why.

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

veeflames

@KirbyTheVampire Yep. I know, it's a shocker.
And I use the right control stick to change targets, although sometimes I accidentally switch back to the same person. I'm guessing the D-Pad allows for precision.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Ralizah

Can the triggers on the joycons be used for punching in handheld/grip mode? If so, is it that way by default, or do you have to remap something?

veeflames

It's started.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Nicolai

Just discovered this in the menu. Pretty useful.

Untitled

Darn. And now that I know it's there, I keep accidentally pressing it constantly.

Sheesh, 1v1v1 is really dumb. It's foolhardy to grab, cuz you're sure to be counter-grabbed by the third, but if you avoid grabbing, there's nothing to do about someone's block. Unless there's another way to handle a block in the game, like applying pressure in Smash Bros.?

Well, my fear of not being able to complete online is being a bit assuaged

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic