Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,801 to 2,820 of 3,493

CroRock

@GFoyle
Most of the time I play with Tavia for score chasing coz she is small and have smaller “hitbox”, she is fastest one (I think), her bomb is great for damaging all enemies on screen and she has great special attack. Her close attack is weak and has short range so I prefer rockets.

My favorite is Aine tho because he is just cool 😁 and have long range powerful close attack. His voice acting is great (unlike Hei-Cob which I can’t stand). Killing big enemies with one close range hit is pure joy. And hearing him when using special makes me laugh every time because it sounds to me like “ Samurai Stojnović” which can be surname in my country.

Robot is ok for damage but he is too big and too slow for my taste. I’m finding hard to see him because blades he releases are almost same color as him so I get cheap bullet hits.

Fat Aladin guy is to annoying for me to play with. Marion is ok all around character and Alucard is good for special and close range but he is a bit slow.

Long story short.. I play with all except Hei-Cob and I get most of fun playing with Aine.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

GFoyle

@Lroy yep, DK, international version, high score mode. Ends 6th of july.

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

Lroy

@GFoyle Thank you.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

GrailUK

I love the look of this game. Jeff Minter vibes a gogo! Even the borders are animated!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

hybridseed

@bezerker99 Great score, can't remember mine but I got to level 3.. How far have you got? So good to have this arcade classic on Switch, and VS Super Mario Bros too, must buy Mario Bros sometime..

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

Zkibu

@bezerker99 That's really good score you have there. I have something like just below 40000. My problem is that when I die once, I get too anxious and try to rush trough levels instead of playing safe.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

bezerker99

@hybridseed I've gotten just over 181,000 in the Early version and just over 186,000 in the Later version. My goal is to reach 200,000 points eventually! Here's me at Loop 06 in the game from just last night (this run is when I actually got over 186,000 in Later version ). http://twitter.com/bezerker99/status/1014376854587936769?s=19

@Zkibu Running levels will only get you so many points. It's good in Caravan Mode but in the long run you can get more points if you stay within the levels longer killing and jumping over enemies and gathering Pauline's dropped items (her purse, parasol, and hat).

BTW, the International version is the hardest version of the game, imo.

Edited on by bezerker99

hybridseed

@bezerker99 Great video, looks pretty hectic at that level! Was recently wondering how would be the best way to score so thanks for answering that question!

Great Nirvana cover by the way ☺ Saw the link through your Twitter page, huge Nirvana fan💖🍻💃

bezerker99

@hybridseed Hey man, thanks for checking out my YouTube channel. Glad u liked the Nirvana. Yeah, I'm a huuuuge fan as well. If you can, please SUBSCRIBE - I need all the support I can get. I upload at least one video a week, sometimes more. 🎸

I might record, upload, and share some DK footage tomorrow. I can show you some tips that I know on how to increase your score and to stay alive longer in that game. (That's easier than me trying to type and explain it all in words).

Thanks again for the compliment - means a lot!

Edited on by bezerker99

hybridseed

@bezerker99 Cool my friend, no problem ☺ I try to create music myself, completely different to what you're doing but I always have and always will be a music lover, and Nivana are amazing, I have this Live and Loud MTV concert from I'm guessing the early 90's, it's so good💖💃🎵

bezerker99

@hybridseed Yes! Nirvana Live and Loud is a fantastic performance, recorded Dec of '93 and (sadly) just four months before Kurt's passing. You should see if you can get a copy of a video called Nirvana: Live! Tonight! Sold Out!! I have it on VHS and it's a 'must-have' for any Nirvana fan.

Here is that video I promised showing some tips and tricks to DK arcade. Have a good day~ https://youtu.be/S1yBYvopJlA

hybridseed

@bezerker99 Just watched your video, it's a great watch with lots of useful info about the game, thanks for sharing!

TATE Mode looks great too, gonna have some time to kill at work tomorrow so I'll take my Hori stand in with me, along with my Switch which goes with me as standard!

Edited on by hybridseed

DashKappei

Nirvana's aficionado here, actually seen them live twice in Rome and in Modena (their last ever concert for the In Utero tour). There's a bluray with fantastic LPCM 5.1 HD audio out, recorded on film.
Btw yeah, the vhs Live! Tonight! Sold Out! is freakin' amazing... lol at the fights with the security staff or Kurt on wheelchair in Brazil... amazing. Let me check if can find a pic of my tickets

@bezerker99 afaik we're still playing DK but we are competing on High Score mode International, not Early version or the next version... those are much easier. I have trouble scoring past 60k on Internationall!

Edited on by DashKappei

DashKappei

Switch Friend Code: SW-7921-9388-6881

bezerker99

@DashKappei Yeah, I clicked on the image and it didn't load. I've had issues with the [img] code from time to time as well. It's driven me crazy when it didn't work correctly. Also, thanks! There's a lot of luck involved in this game, in my opinion - especially on the elevator level in the later loops.

Edited on by bezerker99

meppi64

@DashKappei Yeah, imbedding imgur pictures has been broken on the board for a couple of weeks now and no one seems interested to fix it...
I've had to sign up to https://postimages.org to get it to work.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

CroRock

GUNBIRD2 is up again on eShop now with version 1.0.1. I was hoping that jockers from Zerodiv will actually fix that lazy port but ofc they didn’t. You still can’t reset scores. Initializing game makes game sounds a bit lower but going to sound settings and trying lowering for just one point actually makes it louder LOL.
I hope they bankrupt soon and let serious developers and publishers to port similar games to Switch.

Btw.. playing on normal difficulty now seems kinda easier to me.. or maybe it’s just my imagination. Yea.. it must be my imagination because we are talking Zerodiv here.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic