Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,821 to 2,840 of 3,493

Zkibu

@CroRock wow! That's kind of harsh. IMO too negative. With like 7 โ‚ฌ you'll get an arcade perfect port from one the shmup classics, which is fantastic. Without Zerodiv we wouldn't even have these games. Yes there are flaws (for example online leaderboard missing) but these games aren't like much expensive M2 Shot Triggers ports with every possible option and extra included.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

Lroy

@CroRock Thanks for the heads-up that GUNBIRD 2 has returned to the eShop. Missed it on initial release, so glad to know it is available to purchase once more.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

@nitake92 It's at times like these, if a physical cart is ever released in the West, that I wish you could 'gift' your digital titles to a Switch Friend. I'd give my digital ZeroDiv games to someone else and buy this retail collection.

Edited on by Lroy

CroRock

@Zkibu
There are things to be said. Yes, we have arcade ports of great games for cheap prices. Also, I would gladly pay double or triple if those ports were better handled.
Maybe we could have far better experience if they were ported by more professional developers. With Zerodiv paying for license to port Psikyo games (or whatever is needed to ger rights to port their games) we are stuck with games that will never be fixed.
Thatโ€™s just not acceptable to me, sorry..
I know truth hurts far more then sweet lies but sometimes you shoud say it loud.
Not being able to reset scores (even when you have ingame option to do that), not having separate leaderboards, and no online leaderboards are gamebreaking to me.
Just look at Nicalis port of Ikaruga.. thatโ€™s how porting should be done

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Zkibu

@CroRock Ikaruga is still more expensive than Gunbird 2 and it's not without minor gameplay problems, which haven't fixed since its Steam release. Gamplaywise I can't remember any problems (there might be) in Zero Div's games, except with Zero Gunner 2-'s invisible bullets in long sessions. They by the way built that game from the scratch because the original source code was lost, which is tough job to do and later fixed quickly the bullet problem. I might say that it's a bit an exaggeration and dramatic to imply that these guys are just lazy and not professional enough.

Edited on by Zkibu

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

CroRock

@Zkibu
I appreciate your opinion and surely donโ€™t want to start a โ€œfightโ€ here but developers who put the game on store and removes it after a week for some reason and bringing it back with โ€œupdatedโ€ version without fixing bugs are lazy imo.
Gameplay wise.. I donโ€™t know is it normal that characters move faster then usual when left stick is just slightly moved left or right (like they get boost) or is it just another bug. Other than that I canโ€™t find gameplay problems, thatโ€™s true. But again, that odd character behavior is presented in all their releases, so who knows.

IMHO.. not having at least offline separate leaderboards in this kind of games is just like playing Rocket League without a ball.
Iโ€™m done with whining ๐Ÿ˜‰

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Lroy

What are people's thoughts... do we want to get this Arcade high-score challenge thread back up and running? Or are we having a definite break now?

@oorwullie What's up buddy? Would love to get your thoughts. Would you like us to take over this thread for you or would you rather we left it until you are able to return?

Just seems like the momentum we had built up has kind of died out and many of us are not really sure what is going on.

CW13

I'm always up for the high score challenge. Not sure of where it stands tho

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

OorWullie

My sincere apologies to everyone here for being missing in action for so long.Ive had so much on my mind lately, between business,football and women I've just not been 'on it' .I hope we can get things going again and back to normal.

Edited on by OorWullie

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

Lroy

@OorWullie Hope things work out for you buddy. Yes, let's get this thread back on the tracks when you can. Otherwise, do ask for help as has been offered here before. Sure a few of us here would be happy to fill in for you if that makes your life easier?

Edited on by Lroy

DashKappei

@zkibu @CroRock @bezerker99
@hybridseed @meppi64 @Oorwullie @Lroy Hey guys, to get things back on track what do you say we play
DONKEY KONG until Sunday and then we pick
CITY CONNECTIONS? Released today it's awesome and a break from shmup, then we can go back to Gunbird or Rolling Thunder on Namco Museum since more folks own it now with the 50%off it got (or maybe we wait for the physical release with Pacman CE2+)?

Edited on by DashKappei

DashKappei

Switch Friend Code: SW-7921-9388-6881

DashKappei

I (we all can) help out @OorWullie with the leaderboard posts.

So:

DONKEY KONG - High Score mode - International until July 23rd at midnight GMT.

then

CITY CONNECTION - CARAVAN mode - from July 24 at 1:00am GMT. until August 6 at 23:59 GMT

yes/no?

Why back to Caravan? Because FINALLY HAMASTER HAS FIXED CARAVAN TIME TO ACTUALLY STOP when in cutscenes/timeouts/new guy/etc.!!!
I really hope they go back and update every release like that (and with DK's way of doing TATE mode with joycons in portable mode)...

Also SCANLINES FILTERS are MUCH BETTER NOW!!
Now all we need is a proper no blur filter WITH optional scanlines and they're basically perfect!
I wish Zerodiv and FT (the worst of the bunch) would learn and at least put online leaderboards and better video filters... ZeroDiv's catalog especially is too good for such barebones releases. There can be a middle way between them and M2's Shottriggers full priced/incredibly good ports.

Edited on by DashKappei

DashKappei

Lroy

@DashKappei Yes, I am happy to follow your lead. I will pick up CITY CONNECTION for the upcoming challenge.

So DK scores will need to be posted (I'm not taking part in that one, haven't bought the game yet) and we will need someone to volunteer to collate the scores and add the final leaderboard to @oorwullie 's dedicated thread for that.

We also need to somehow get the INVERSUS leaderboard up to date. Again, I never played that one.

What else needs updating? I think there was a PORTAL challenge in PINBALL FX 3. Do we have the leaderboard rankings for that one?

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

I've just checked the dedicated high-score thread: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/the_offici...

We still need to get the scores/rankings up for IKARUGA, ADVENTURE ISLAND PINBALL FX 3 Tournament and the previously mentioned INVERSUS challenge and the PORTAL PINBALL FX 3 Tournament.

Anyone fancy helping out?

Edited on by Lroy

DashKappei

Read my edits guys... Hamster's latest is fantastic!!!
and the game itself is such a classic... sooo good

I can help with IKARUGA's post. The others I haven't played (now I own them or have any interest).

Any volunteers?
Also I hope we'll all help out, because .i can't commit in taking @OorWullie baton alone until he (hopefully) gets it back.

Edited on by DashKappei

DashKappei

Lroy

@DashKappei I think going forward a few of us can certainly share the burden. The time consuming part is going back and figuring out how to make sense of the past challenges. We really need some folks who took part in those challengers to come forward and collate the scores for us. Perhaps if they then post the rankings here, @oorwullie could then paste them into the relevant place in his dedicated thread?

Good news about the progress made by Hamster. Namco also have brilliant audio and image quality options on the NAMCO MUSEUM games. Really hoping we get a NAMCO MUSEUM 2 or more titles as DLC for the current game.

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

Not wanting to confuse matters but for those itching to take part in more challenges, a few of us have decided to have a go at some retro game challenges. This has been mainly discussed over on the Adult Switch Gamers Discord.

Now, I'm a total noob when it comes to Discord but it basically acts as instant messaging/Forum type app for our Adult Switch Gamers game nights. Worth checking out in any case for anyone interested.

Anyway, CRAZY TAXI has been picked as the first retro game challenge. I'm playing on PS3 but think @meppi @zkibu are intending to play on Dreamcast. Long story short, would this thread here be the place to post our scores or would people rather we create a separate thread for these retro game challenges? Needless to say, all are welcome to join in.

Edited on by Lroy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic