Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,081 to 2,100 of 3,493

RetroGamerAndrew

@mauhlin12 one word: HILARIOUS! Was travelling back home on train when the boss started singing, and I couldn't hold myself and started to giggle like an idiot so all around people kept staring at me, probably thinking I was drunk or crazy or something like that...

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

wasilewski

I haven't been playing Dragon Blaze for this challenge. I find it really difficult and kind of frustrating. I will probably revisit it at some point in the future.

I have been playing a lot of Danmaku Unlimited 3 and it's my favourite game at the moment. My new high score:

https://twitter.com/Gareth53176738/status/990886907868426240

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

GFoyle

If I managed to find time this week, I'm definitely trying to get some score for the Dragon Blaze. I like it, but I'm not sure is it my favorite of the psikyo games yet (I like the fantasy theme, looks etc.). It's quite different from the others, you kinda need to be focusing on so many different things at the same time, especially if playing for score. It's already very difficult just to survive, to get score you also need to figure out how to get and collect the coins as well and to do that effectively, you need to shoot the dragon a lot which require even more different things to follow and be aware of.

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

AgentLA

Agent721 wrote:

Agent721 wrote:

Here’s mine...I doubt I’ll for further. I got a high score of 516,002 and a 1cc score of 335,800.

@OorWullie

1CC score for Strikers 1945 above on the 2nd pic. Thanks!

Thanks for doing the weekly scores but I don’t think you saw my last score posted on Friday for Strikers 1945. Please update at your convenience, I posted a regular and 1CC score.

Thanks!

@OorWullie

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

DashKappei

Ok, Dragon Blaze is FRUCKIN BRUTAL

DashKappei

Switch Friend Code: SW-7921-9388-6881

AgentLA

[quote=masterLEON]@OorWullie I found out that the gold idols are triggered buy launching the dragon at certain enemies, contrary to what the manual says. By myself, I found 3 but it seemed inconsistent. When looking online for the underwater one, I found a page that details how to get all of them to come out (including the later stages).

--------SPOILERS AHEAD--------

http://www.world-of-arcades.net/1945/Dragon%20Blaze/Secrets.htm

And here are clips to help illustrate them (only the 4 rotating stages, it's unlikely I'll be able to see the 5th and beyond by the end of the challenge)

--------END OF SPOILERS--------

</blockquote>

@masterLEON

Thanks, these videos help a lot but boy do you end up dying even more trying to find these idols! I managed to increase my score a bit more with these, but I must’ve died twenty times or more in the process.

This game must’ve made arcades a mint back in the day!

Edited on by AgentLA

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

RetroGamerAndrew

@Daftbomb man I'm so happy I could cry, what a classic hit!

RetroGamerAndrew

Lroy

@Daftbomb Fantastic news, only recently really discovered and played this great shooter too (on GameCube emulation on my Modded Wii πŸ˜‰). Be ace to buy it officially for Switch.

Man, May is going to be insane for eShop and some great retail releases.

Edited on by Lroy

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

AgentLA

@Daftbomb

Right?! Awesome news.

masterLEON

@Agent721 You're totally right, it took me upwards of 3 hours to get these clips. What took long was trying to single out the enemies so it was clear as to which one to hit, that and trying not to suck while doing that, LOL!

@daftbomb And it comes out this month, too! Bonus!

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

Zkibu

Just bought Dragon Blaze and damn it's hard. Quite a brain teaser to settle with the controls, try to hit the golden coins, launch your dragon and dodge the bullets. I might just prefer "simpler" mechanics, but I can't help it I want to master this game!

Oh boy! Ikaruga and just in time for my summer vacation. true timeless classic for 15€. I mean one can play Ikaruga forever. Day one easily for me.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

Lroy

Ok. Done a handful of runs on DRAGON BLAZE for this week's challenge to fill-out my score board. I'm barely at 150, 000. I've not managed to trigger any of the Gold Enemies to harvest coins and am yet to defeat the second level boss, lol!

Don't see me playing much of this one due to other commitments and being away over the weekend. I'll post a photo of whatever score I can manage on Thursday. At least that might provide a very beatable score for some of the other bottom of table players to challenge, lol!

EDIT: I do really like this game despite it's rather steep entry level difficulty and complexity. Will certainly play it far more in the future and attempt to learn it better when I can give it the time it needs.

Edited on by Lroy

AgentLA

@masterLEON

I’m resetting quite a bit as a result. But the game is growing on me more and more, despite its intensity.

AgentLA

@Lroy

Not a bad score at all. I’ve managed to hit around 170k, but man is it hard. That desert level is the worst. I find the plant and sea level much easier to deal with.

GFoyle

I'm at 350k at the moment in Dragon Blaze. It's really hard though, improving a bit every day, but the game doesn't seem to get any easier. The levels become so hard so fast (too fast), already at level 3 it's starting to feel real bullet hell and it just get's worse at 4th (no matter which order you get). I'm setting my personal goal at 400k for this challenge, let's see what happens, I don't have that much time to play though.

Edited on by GFoyle

GFoyle

Switch Friend Code: SW-0120-0521-0269

SegaRacer

I finally gave Dragon Blaze a good go last night for a few rounds but couldn't get past the third boss. I'm currently sitting around 209K. I should have a few moments tonight to play more and attempt to improve on that score. I really love the gameplay with the dragons and it's a ton of fun to play. I hope I have a good amount of time to put into this before Friday. We'll see.

SegaRacer

Switch Friend Code: SW-2758-5133-6410 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7714-7740 | Twitter:

RetroGamerAndrew

Didn't buy Dragon Blaze yet despite having it on my wishlist. I might give it a go before tomorrow but I'm not sure, for the first time in my life my backlog is going down (instead of going up as always) and I'd like to keep this trend for as long as possible

Btw, in less than 2 weeks I've managed to finish Mario+Rabbids and both Bayonetta (first one is great, and the second is same level if not better, combat-wise), now I'm into Tiny Barbarian DX... which doesn't live up to my initial expectations

RetroGamerAndrew

Lroy

@RetroGamerAndrew Well done buddy. Excellent work.

Out of curiosity, what difficulty are you playing BAYONETTA 1 & 2 on? I had the impression these were 'hard' games and longer than your post suggests.

I've only tried BAYONETTA 1 on PS3 and was quite put of by it. Didn't play brilliantly and gameplay seemed a bit inaccessible on my initial try. Never say never though, I haven't played enough of this type of game despite liking what I played of GOD OF WAR in the past and loving DANTE'S INFERNO.

RetroGamerAndrew

@Lroy thanks mate those are fairly hard games indeed, I played it at Normal and had my fair share of ragequits on a handflul of encounters... but I kept trying (...and trying ...and trying) and eventually finished 'em in about 11/12 hours each (second one seems a tad shorter), mostly winning stone-level trophies.
Now that you mention it, I think I've heard the PS3 version had more than a couple of technical issues - I suggest you to give it a try sooner or later on Switch because it's a very enjoyable franchise and it definitely ranks among the best hack & slash-ers (more akin to Devil May Cry than Dante's Inferno and GoW tho)

RetroGamerAndrew

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic