Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

bushidosnail

Congrats OorWullie!!

Switch Profile name - bushido

Switch Friend Code: SW-7472-3544-3419

Corneel

Congratulations @OorWullie! Well played and your first score was pretty hard to beat. Last week went by so fast I didn't even realise the challenge was over already. I did have a go at it this morning one more time and of course out of nowhere I got some monster score. Just played with the main dude and was going for combo's, speed and picking up everything. Got the boss in a few seconds, 40k+ bonus and this was the final score:

Untitled

Arcade Challenges High Scores
Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697

OorWullie

Cheers guys,well chuffed!When I set that score there wasn't a lot of names on the leaderboard,around 15 or something. I knew I'd had a good run but I'm surprised to see it still holding onto 2nd place. I definitely didn't expect it to be enough to win a Weekly Challenge if ever there was one.It was a great choice of game by @masterLEON I'm a little annoyed I wasn't able to beat my score though as I know I can do it. I scored just under 154k on one run but it should have been more considering how quickly I made it to Japan.The last 10 seconds were spent air boxing due to the wicked combination of nuisance enemies and panic.I'm going to give it another go over the next week and see if I can take that top spot.

Ok for the next Weekly Challenge I have to go for the incredible Dragons Blaze.A game I am absolutely terrible at but enjoy so much. It's a real tough one,think Danmaku Unlimited 3 but harder but it's so enjoyable to play and I want to get better at it. I think everyone who takes part here is going to have fun with this one despite the insanity of how challenging it is. Fast action,relentless enemies,bullets everywhere ,it's as tough as they come but I can't get enough of it. The tension and thrill of escaping what seems like certain death over and over together with the incredible graphics,music and enemy design is just so much fun.

From what I've figured out so far ,it's all about knowing when and where to come off your dragon. Doing it at the right time and place prevents you from getting overwhelmed with enemies so you can concentrate on dodging those bullets, it will also get you huge amounts of gold coins in certain places. The risk/reward factor is huge with this one. Amazing shoot-em-up.

Dragon Blaze
Any character
Level 5 difficulty
3 lives ,0 continues,extend score 600k

My highest score so far to get things going.

Edited on by OorWullie

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

OorWullie

@Corneel Wow ,just saw your post. Outstanding score!There goes my top spot on the open leaderboard anyway and I haven't even created it yet haha.

Good to see 4 of the top 5 being NL members.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

mauhlin12

@OorWullie Congrats on the win! Looking forward to being punished by Dragon Blaze. @Corneel Wow what a score that will probably be in the #1 position for some time. @all GG and way to dominate that overall leaderboard!

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

wasilewski

Dragons Blaze is insanely hard! It's definitely the most difficult of the Psikyo shumps.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Corneel

This game is definitely hard. I like how you get familiar with the game mechanics like this. Usually I just turn on unlimited continues so I can get to the end of the game and not worry about anything. Now you have to manage the coins as well and take risks to fly to the front to kill enemies with the dragon for extra points.

Highscore so far:
Untitled

Edited on by Corneel

Arcade Challenges High Scores
Switch friend code: 8315-2784-9697

Jbs-Dad

@OorWullie not been in this weeks challenge, well done on the win you deserve it, and thanks for continuing to run it. Well done everyone else

Switch code: sw-0773-7462-9023

GrailUK

@OorWullie Congratulations on the win mate.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

AgentLA

@Lroy

Thanks for the tip, Iโ€™ll wait for Super Sidekick2.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot ๐Ÿš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

AgentLA

@OorWullie

Congrats on the win and nice pick for the new week!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

AgentLA

@Corneel

Damn, well done!

Lroy

Congrats to @Oorwullie for holding on to his winning SENGOKU 3 high-score. DRAGON BLAZE it is then. I have hardly touched it since buying it at launch a weeks back. Will endeavour to have a few runs between now and the deadline.

Also major kudos to @Corneel - mere hours after the deadline, shoot to the top of the Global Leaderboard and the NL Open Leaderboard. Impressive skills my friend. Out of curiosity what game did you have in mind if it was your pick next?

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

OorWullie

Just scored 156,500 and pushed B instead of A. That is the first time I've scored over 150k with a character other than the girl Kurenai.

At 22 seconds ,when I launch my dragon is where to get big points on one of the stages. Haven't figured out yet where the hidden coin bank is on the other 3 stages.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

masterLEON

@OorWullie I found out that the gold idols are triggered buy launching the dragon at certain enemies, contrary to what the manual says. By myself, I found 3 but it seemed inconsistent. When looking online for the underwater one, I found a page that details how to get all of them to come out (including the later stages).

--------SPOILERS AHEAD--------

http://www.world-of-arcades.net/1945/Dragon%20Blaze/Secrets.htm

And here are clips to help illustrate them (only the 4 rotating stages, it's unlikely I'll be able to see the 5th and beyond by the end of the challenge)

--------END OF SPOILERS--------

Edited on by masterLEON

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

DashKappei

Grats @OorWullie amazing score!
I took a break and only managed to try the game for half an hour, seems like a blast so I might get back to the open leaderboard in the future! My only score on Caravan put me at 30 or 20 something spot.
@lroy we scored exactly the same buddy, lol !

Sooooo Dragon Blaze then? With proper rules this time right?

edit:
Btw, @OorWullie buddy remember to put 1 CC with my scores for Tengai and Strikers but also, IINM, didnโ€™t we agree that the open leaderboards for Tengai and Strikers would follow proper 1cc rules?
So that the winners would still have their earned trophies for the challenges we did but that new and old players could rightly fight it out with proper rules on the all time (open) scoreboard? Coz I still see 3cc scores on the Open leaderboards.

Edited on by DashKappei

DashKappei

Switch Friend Code: SW-7921-9388-6881

OorWullie

@DashKappei Cheers pal !

Yep,I've been meaning to get round to making the 1cc open leaderboards for Tengai and Strikers 1945. I kind of lost track of scores that had been submitted. If everyone could submit their 1CC scores again I'll get them made up.

Yep,Dragon Blaze for this week, 3 lives 0 continues

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

OorWullie

@masterLEON Cheers for those videos ,very helpful. With all the launching of my dragon I've done I'm surprised I only managed to accidently discover the gold idol on the sandstorm stage.

SW-6101-8403-1640

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic