Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,041 to 2,060 of 3,493

Lroy

Think I'm gonna bow out with this as my personal best for this week's high-score challenge on SENGOKU 3:

Untitled

Have really enjoyed playing the game and will certainly hope to improve on that score at some point further down the line. However, what with other distractions (FIFA 18 Manager Mode โ˜บ๏ธ) and taking part in Monday and Thursday's games nights on MARIO KART 8 DELUXE and ROCKET LEAGUE respectively, my High-Score chasing time has been somewhat limited.

Well played all and best of luck to those pushing for the top places in the rankings.

Edited on by Lroy

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

hybridseed

@wasilewski Thanks bro, I forget his name but it's the German guy!

I do wonder though, what could be achieved with the Brazilian with his massive drive...!

Edited on by hybridseed

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

hybridseed

I'm aiming for the win again!! But need a rest as my right arm is in agony from Button mashing๐Ÿ˜ฐ

I'm currently 5th on the leaderboard and I think 2nd or 3rd in our group..

@OorWullie that score of yours, amazing, and very hard to beat, I'm about 10k behind you!

hybridseed

@Lroy What embed site do you use? It's way better than the one I use!

OorWullie

@hybridseed Cheers,I come close to beating it the other day and would have likely taken top spot on the Hamster leaderboard but I wasted my last few seconds punching fresh air. Damn enemies making themselves awkward to hit.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

hybridseed

@OorWullie I know what you mean, sometimes they just seem to wander away from you, and those yellow dudes, when your hits seem to go through them then they deck you๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Great game though, I look forward to playing some arcade mode, probably the Japanese version after midnight โ˜บ

Lroy

@hybridseed I think it was recommended to me by @RetroGamerAndrew or perhaps @Dashkappei ?

It is called Tiny Pic (do a google search) - very basic and not the smoothest layout but seems to work.

I'm using my phone if that helps/matters? Just take a shot of the TV or Switch system itself and upload it.

Edited on by Lroy

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

RetroGamerAndrew

@Lroy yes I've been using tinypic for a while, now I usually embed the image link from Twitter!

The original fire has died and gone, but the riot inside moves on.

RetroGamerAndrew

Switch Friend Code: SW-3772-6675-0699 | My Nintendo: RetroAndy | Twitter:

RetroGamerAndrew

@Zkibu not bad at all mate! Congratulations to everyone taking part to this week's challenge, especially to fellow @OorWullie for the amazing score!

I've been taking a break from the weekly challeng but I'm glad I did because that gave me the chance to give a serious stab at my backlog... In fact I finally managed to finish Mario+Rabbids and Bayonetta, and I thoroughly enjoyed both. Now I'm tackling Bayonetta 2 and so far so good... Got to keep the momentum going!

Edited on by RetroGamerAndrew

RetroGamerAndrew

hybridseed

@RetroGamerAndrew @Lroy thanks I'll give that a go!

Glad you've had some time to get into those games @RetroGamerAndrew, I'm on the last world on Rabbits I think, and a few levels into Bayonetta, great game and look forward to finishing it and playing the sequel, is it much better than the first game?

RetroGamerAndrew

@hybridseed Bayonetta 2 seems just a tad easier than the first... but I think it's too early to tell; besides, coming from the latter stages in Bayonetta, which were effin' hard, I might be a little biased. The game is clearly more polished and the combat feels way more fluid. I really, really loved Bayonetta, and if the plot doesn't flop I bet I'll have a great time playing through the second installment!

RetroGamerAndrew

OorWullie

I loved Bayonetta 2 on Wii U. Oddly,it wasn't until my 2nd play through I realised just how great it is.

How good is that first proper boss fight. What a treat for the eyes that was.

SW-6101-8403-1640

CW13

Bowing out of the Sengoku 3 challenge, can go no further. It starting to bug me,
trying too hard to get over 100k.
Recently got back into Skyrim this week(got it at launch) and what a joy its been! Congrats to the leaders. Looking forward to the next challenge! Can't believe we've been doing this for like 10 weeks or so! Such a great, wonderful idea, well played, thanks again!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ•น

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

hybridseed

@RetroGamerAndrew Glad to hear the second seems easier to you, Bayonetta owned me, even in the earlier stages! A great feeling though when you get the hang of it and beat those bossesโ˜บ

OorWullie

If I do end up winning I'll make a video of one of my runs,I can usually do at least 140k each attempt. I don't have any streaming equipment but I'll use the 30 second capture 10 times and then join the parts together

I can't believe I'm still top,my run was far from perfect and I reckon there's at least 5 to 10k more points up for grabs.

Feeling the pressure now with only 3 hours left. As Fergie would say,it's squeaky bum time.

SW-6101-8403-1640

mauhlin12

@RetroGamerAndrew So now you've seen the SPOTLIIIIGHT boss I was talking about last week. One of the coolest/funniest boss fights in recent memory. Kirkhope is a boss. @OorWullie My biggest gripe with Sengoku 3 at least in a time attack mode is that the AI is so infuriatingly passive. Try to bunch them up to do some heavy damage and one of them runs away to the other side of the screen and wastes a bunch of time. When's the Scorpion DLC? Get over here!

mauhlin12

Switch Friend Code: sw-1462-2641-1823 | Nintendo Network ID: mauhlin12

hybridseed

@OorWullie I don't think I'm gonna beat your score, gonna stop to eat shortly then may have another hour or 2 on it but I'm getting 120 - 140 k each go, not getting close to your score.. Less than 2000 between you and the leader.. I'd love to see your name at the top!!!

masterLEON

This is what I got I started to see it yesterday, but I barely had time to play on the weeknights this week. Case in point, I just got home and now I gotta head back out for ramen to celebrate a friend's birthday. Well, that's not bad at all, actually.

Untitled

Your score held on @OorWullie! Well deserved congrats are in order for our esteemed organizer, well played! Cheers! Looking forward to what's next!

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

hybridseed

Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic