Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 3,493

OorWullie

@hybridseed @Agent721 Yep it's extremely tough but it's so much fun at the same time.The theme,the graphics and music and variety of enemies and bosses are superb. I think with lots of practise and learning how best to make use of your dragon ,it won't be as daunting. Launching your dragon to one side of the screen while you take care of the other is how to manage the waves of enemies,it's just figuring out the best time to do it.I've got a couple of the stages figured out and can make it to stage 2 without losing a life.That's when I start to struggle. It's the lure of gold coins that are my downfall. I haven't made it past the stage 2 boss yet but came so close earlier today. I need to figure out how to do the one shot technical kill on the bosses.I've only managed that once and it was by fluke.

167k is my high score.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

AgentLA

@OorWullie

Thanks for the tips. Iโ€™m a bit below you on that score. Iโ€™m really focusing on Sengoku 3 right now, but I plan on trying Dragon Blaze again. Iโ€™ll have to do what you suggest shot throwing the dragon forward.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot ๐Ÿš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

hybridseed

@OorWullie Thanks for the great info! I will buy it sometime for sure, is it like Strikers 1945 where the levels are random?

Switch: 5859 4845 9859

NNID: Hybridseed

PSN: odogzero

Zkibu

@Agent721
Kagetsura all day. He is pretty balanced and quite fast. Not so fast as the girl ninja but her basic bbb-combo is just too weird. Agree Kagetsura is like NeoGeo brother of Strider Hiryu

Edited on by Zkibu

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

AgentLA

@Zkibu

I really dig the animation he has while charging forward. His outfit and that animation remind me of Hiryu the most.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

OorWullie

Just made a new high score on Danmaku Unlimited 3 there. I had a go this morning and something just clicked with me,I felt more comfortable grazing and dodging bullets than I ever did during the high score challenge. I had a feeling then I would breeze past my previous best on my next go. I know I can do so much better too, totally lost it at the Storm Vogel section of the 3rd stage. Setting myself a new target of 50 million

SW-6101-8403-1640

OorWullie

@hybridseed Yep the stages are random. It starts you on any one of 4 stages but I'm not sure if the 4th stage will be one of those 4. I would guess not going by Tengai and other Psikyo shooters. Strikers I'm sure has 5 random stages but the 5th stage is different. Samurai Aces,Gunbird,Gunbarich,Zero Gunner and I think Sol Divide are the same.

SW-6101-8403-1640

OorWullie

Just updated the Sengoku 3 leaderboard with the current standings.

@CW13 Added your new high score to the Blazing Star open leaderboard.Well played pal.

@Gfoyle Yeah sorry about that . If you don't wish to submit that score seeing as you've not had a chance to play it ,I can remove it it. There will be an open leaderboard for this too so even if you don't get a chance to play it again before the deadline ,you can always have a go later

SW-6101-8403-1640

hybridseed

@OorWullie Thanks, I've got all of those except Samurai Aces but haven't played most of them.. Too many good games on Switch!

Pretty sure on Strikers the first four levels are random and from 5 they're structured. . I can't remember, maybe it's my brain trying to block out memories of that traumatic experience ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

hybridseed

Had to share this, got the world's best score in arcade mode on Neo Turf Masters..

Untitled

I did it before, obviously using restore points, I got 35 under par and painfully the game didn't let me upload my score so I reset my score which lost me my restore point๐Ÿ˜ด

So did it again, and got 34 under, I think 36 under or less is possible, might see if I can set the record on PSN too as I got the game on PS4 as well, love it!

AgentLA

@hybridseed

Whoa, well done Boss!

Lroy

@hybridseed Wow, well played Sir!

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

GrailUK

@hybridseed Amazing

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

hybridseed

@Agent721 @Lroy @GrailUK Thanks very much! To be honest it wasn't that hard, I just set a restore point at the start of each hole, get the best drive possible then set another restore point then it's was just tweaking my shot until I got the chip in eagle, some holes took a couple of minutes and some took half hour or more, a lot of fun but that first time when the score wouldn't register..๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

It's a game I'd love us to play in these weekly tournaments but it'd be pointless as there'd be no winner in caravan mode, just a lot of -5's or 6's, maybe better, be fun for us all to take over the leaderboard though!

Edited on by hybridseed

AgentLA

@hybridseed

This is one of those I plan on picking up. That, and the football one.

hybridseed

@Agent721 To be honest with I'd like to buy pretty much all of them, and if there's ever a decent sale I probably would! There's been a few at half price a while back on PSN so it'll probably happen sometimeโ˜บ

AgentLA

@hybridseed

If thereโ€™s a sale Iโ€™m all in too. I never played Neo Geo much before the Switch, but now Iโ€™m hooked.

wasilewski

@hybridseed amazing score! What character did you use?

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Lroy

Agent721 wrote:

@hybridseed

This is one of those I plan on picking up. That, and the football one.

SUPER SIDEKICKS 2 has been announced for May from Hamster. Get that one over the first game. Although for many, the 3rd and 4th games are even better. But I'd still recommend SUPER SIDEKICKS 2. Great pure arcade footie fun.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic