Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Posts 1,261 to 1,280 of 10,553

edhe

I’m playing remotely, so I won’t be that chatty I’m afraid. I’ll be right over.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Xyphon22

@edhe Thanks for coming and for the gifts. Sorry, I didn't get your friend request until I'd already done the Dodo code, but I accepted it if we want to do anything again. And the prices dropped to 163, so we did good.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Mountain_Man

peace_n_love_92 wrote:

Anyone who the requirements for how many fences you need to have up on your island to get to 4/5 star rating for your island?

I'm actually not a fan of the rating system. The whole point of Animal Crossing is to play it how you want, and yet there's a rating system in the game implying that you're playing it wrong if you aren't awarded 5-stars. I feel the same way about the Happy Home Academy awards.

meeto_1 wrote:

I was wondering how to upgrade nooks cranny too. The selection in the shop and the Nook miles shopping catalogue is so lame. When you see all the cool stuff people have on their islands you wonder where its all coming from.

I assume those people are playing many, many hours a day, visiting every island they possibly can, and grinding for bells at every opportunity, which doesn't sound like much fun to me. I play at my own pace. If I'm tired of playing for the day, then I'll simply wait until the next day to pick it up again. I'm not in a rush. I look back at New Leaf and recall that it took me a long, long time to complete my Astro and Robo sets; I'm talking well over a year. It wasn't something I did in a couple of weeks.

The Mountain Man

BrittGOAL14

How long does it take fruit to rot in this game? I need an ant but I lost track of when I dropped the stupid thing. 😩

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.
Dream Address - DA-5536-3403-5812

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

BrittGOAL14

@meeto_1 @Mountain_Man I read somewhere that to upgrade Nook’s Cranny you have to spend $70,000 there... Not sure if accurate or not.

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.

ACNH Catalog

Switch Friend Code: SW-7041-9015-5250 | 3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | My Nintendo: BrittGOAL | Nintendo Network ID: BrittGOAL | Twitter:

Blaze420

All I know is for turnips it only takes 2 days for them to rot, sadly I learned that the hard way 😩😂@BrittGOAL14

Please let my know if you send me a friend request.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5153-4110-6064 | My Nintendo: BLAZE420

edhe

@Xyphon22 Thanks for the opportunity. I nearly missed that window, didn't I? Also, it'll be nice to visit the island of someone other than my brother. I haven't really had much luck being able to hop onto anyone else's island from my friend list...

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Sugarkist

At what point do we get to move our home? I can't wait to move mine!

Also, why did the two villagers on my Island get nicer looking homes than me when we all upgraded from the tent?! I was a bit miffed about that

BrittGOAL14

@Pink_Yoshi @NintendoByNature Upgrade your home (rooms) and you’ll slowly unlock all of that including changing door/mailbox/roof/siding!!

Edited on by BrittGOAL14

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.

ACNH Catalog

Xyphon22

I went into today missing 5 cherry blossom recipes. I have found 8 recipes today and am still missing 1. At least I have 2 days to find that one. Surely I can find it and not get nothing but repeats, right? I also actually managed to finally get the Nook Miles reward for catching 100 fish in a row without a miss. I am good at fishing, but I always managed to flinch or have it float behind a tree or something along the way to 100. So today was a pretty good day overall.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Sugarkist

@Nintendobynature I know, Diva and Samson got much nicer homes than I got!

@Brittgoal14 Ah ok thank you for that! I feel like I am miles behind other players with how much I've managed to build my island up so far. I work full time so it can be difficult to fit console time in one some days, although working from home makes it a little easier.

NintendoByNature

@BrittGOAL14 got it. I've only done 1 upgrade so far. Still own 90k bells on my 2nd loan. Stinks the New residents got off Scott free!

NintendoByNature

BrittGOAL14

Seriously wish they hadn’t put native fruit on mystery islands.

Switch Name - Brittany.
Island Name - Derry.

ACNH Catalog

ShepherdFBC

Good day everyone,

Is there outdoor storage that can be utilized by all players living on the Island? I'm hoping for an option for storing resources (Wood, Iron, Gold, Tree Branches, Clay, Stone, Eggs, Cherry Blossom Petals, etc) that can be accessed by everyone. Please, let me know if there is such a craftable/purchaseable item..basically, like the Recycle Bin except outside and nothing gets thrown out).

Thank you for your help

Switch Friend Code: SW-8170-7716-5321
Currently Playing: Animal Crossing New Horizons
Island Name: Sheps Isle
Hemisphere: Northern
Native Fruit: Apples
Native Flowers: Roses, Windflowers, and Tulips
Start Date: 3-28-2020

Switch Friend Code: SW-8170-7716-5321

Magician

8k turnips bought on Sunday. Today my brother's wife has a buy-price of 558. 4.5m bells of sweet profit, minus the 760k investment and 20% gratuity. That allowed me to pay off the 1.3m load and built my first slope. All in all quite a good day.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Heavyarms55

I learned today that you can still get visitors at the campsite and invite them to live on the island. Even if your island is full. But you cannot choose who they replace. And I went through the process twice and both times the new villager tried to replace the same villager. So it seems like you cannot "reroll" who they try to replace until you get the one you want.

I'll probably try again one more time after work but I suspect it is locked to prevent people from doing exactly what I am trying.

Darn it all, I just want to boot this stupid hippo off my island. I like all my other villagers...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
Btw, when i still have two starter villagers (Jock and Uchi), for the next villagers i can choose who will be my villagers, right ?
I mean i can see who is wandering on the island and if i'm not interested with certain villagers i just ignored them and let the next day cycle them, hopefully another different villagers popped up.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter So if you wait to invite someone, there's a chance, every day, of a random villager moving in. That's how I got stuck with this hippo I don't like. So if you have the time, you want to invite someone you like, each day, or you'll end up getting random characters.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

RR529

Played for an hour before I realized I wasn't getting any balloons (not even Bunny Day ones), and I was running up & down the beach they were spawning at fishing, so I know I can't have just happened to miss an entire hour's worth of them. I haven't hit 300, and I'm on the latest update, so hopefully it's just a fluke & they'll be back next time I fire it up.

Before they disappeared I managed to get 4 seasonal recipes though. A Cherry Blossom Picnic Set (though I got this from Isabelle), Cherry Blossom Umbrella, Bamboo Wand, and Bamboo Slide. Now I'm up to 8 Cherry Blossom recipes & 4 Young Spring Bamboo recipes.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic