Forums

Topic: NX aparantly not as powerful as PS4 rumour. Discussion on good/bad things this could mean.

Posts 301 to 320 of 384

StarDust4Ever

DefHalan wrote:

I think a big problem with Nintendo and 3rd party is what happens when the big 3rd Party game releases the same week as the big Nintendo game? Nintendo, in a way, takes sales away from 3rd Party games more often than Microsoft or Sony. Trying to release a 3rd Party game during the big months (September-December, mostly) on the same system as Nintendo releasing a game the same month/week, it gets really tough for 3rd Party to survive. Also the 3rd Party mentality on sales works against Nintendo's. Nintendo will sell 1 game for $60 for years, making players more likely to buy it sooner. 3rd Party games will hit 50% off in a month or two, meaning many players are able to buy the Nintendo game and then wait for the game to go on sale, which by that point 3rd Parties have already decided the game wasn't successful. There are a lot of issues with 3rd Parties Nintendo needs to figure out, but many people don't want Nintendo to change, we want 3rd Parties to change but they are doing fine without Nintendo systems. It is super complicated and there is no easy answer.

Sorry, I wrote way to much. Feel free to ignore me lol.

Maybe this is because $30 is what fans are willing to pay for 3rd party titles. I would gladly pay $30 for something like Lego Jurassic World, but it is not worth $50 or $60 to me. If third parties would actually create games worth the $60 in my eyes, more people would buy them on release, like say Bayonetta 2. Got it. MK8, Smash, DK:TF (platinum promotion), Pikmin 3, all got its. Yoshi's Wholly World? Let's just say it's a day one purchase for me...

Edited on by StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever

Nintendo Network ID: StarDust4Ever

DefHalan

@StarDust4Ever: That doesn't hold up when 3rd parties are selling them for $60 on XB1/PS4 and making money. If those games weren't worth that much on Wii U, why are they worth that much on XB1/PS4?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

StarDust4Ever

DefHalan wrote:

@StarDust4Ever: That doesn't hold up when 3rd parties are selling them for $60 on XB1/PS4 and making money. If those games weren't worth that much on Wii U, why are they worth that much on XB1/PS4?

If third parties wanna make a half-assed gaming experience, then they shouldn't get upset when gamers are only willing to pay the half-assed price. They could match the caliber of Nintendo games on Wii-U if they really took the effort to learn the platform and design games for it instead of lazy watered down ports. Platinum's Bayo 2 exclusive is a prime example of what 3rd parties can do if they put forth a solid effort.

StarDust4Ever

Syntech

@Blast: No, only Zelda games come in gold lol.
I know Nintendo has made some bad games, but dispite the blunders you never see half done buggy crap like even the major publishers are putting out. Nintendo would rather wait till it's done, even if the game concept is junk. look at project hammer. Any other developer would have pushed it out the door, and it was basically finished, but Nintendo thought it had terrible game play. They opted to try and fix it and ultimately scrap it then release a substandard game.

Syntech

DefHalan

@StarDust4Ever: Again, People are willing to pay full price for 3rd Party games on other systems. Putting in more money for the Wii U audience isn't worth it if they aren't making their money back on that audience. It makes more sense for them to focus on the platforms they are making money.

StarDust4Ever

DefHalan wrote:

@StarDust4Ever: Again, People are willing to pay full price for 3rd Party games on other systems. Putting in more money for the Wii U audience isn't worth it if they aren't making their money back on that audience. It makes more sense for them to focus on the platforms they are making money.

Well they won't get my money then. Their loss.

If you were a company producing video games, would you voluntarily eliminate 20% of your market / audience?

StarDust4Ever

DefHalan

@StarDust4Ever: If they aren't making up for the cost of production for themselves then yes. In 3rd Parties minds the amount they make off of Wii U owners isn't worth the extra production/marketing costs.

bonesawisready5

Iwata said the days of a $300 console for them may be over, so why does NX being less powerful than PS4 surprise anyone?

We'll likely get a sup-d up handheld in a TV box. 8-core ARM, 4GB RAM, 800Gflop GPU, etc. It will still be a good step up from Wii U but not a huge one. Nintendo is likely aiming to launch this at $199 at a profit. They are going after third parties though, just not the third parties most fans think. Indies and handheld devs are what they want. Imagine if the Wii U had received MH4U, Persona Q, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and so many more third party games? That's the point of NX. NX DS games can be easily port to NX console, developers spend the same amount of money to make two versions of the same games, more profit etc.

It would be great if the NX console could get a 1Tflop GPU just so it could run things like UE4 but I wouldn't hold my breath on even half the PS4, maybe half the XB1.

bonesawisready5

Syntech

Why do people think the PS4 is so powerful?
I have a $1000 gaming/CAD pc that was 5 years old when the PS4 came out and still outperforms it!
All the PC gamers I know were disappointed when the new consoles came out because it meant that games wouldn't be pushing the limits of their PCs this gen (lol turns out you do need a powerfull PC to power through bad coding).
I built a micro media PC for someone for $500 (not including the OS and 360 controler) that worked as a reciver, set top box, had HDMI intpits, Had true 7.1 SS, had a remote with a mini keyboard and touch pad on the back, was about the size of a vcr and played new games on a medium settings.
If I could make that for $500 with off the shelf PC parts and Windows OS, Nintendo should be able to get a sub $300 console with PS4 graphics, unless the pour money into a gimmick that costs and arm and a leg to produce leaving no money for the console itself... which is a real possibility...

Syntech

StarDust4Ever

OneBagTravel wrote:

I hope what they mean by 'not as powerful as the ps4', they actually mean this:

Untitled

Nice try. I think this is what you really had in mind! Now that is a thing of beauty!

Untitled

StarDust4Ever

skywake

Syntech wrote:

Why do people think the PS4 is so powerful?

Yeah, I know. It's kinda ridiculous. I don't know why people think a console in the ballpark of the PS4 will cost the same amount the PS4 did in late 2016. The PS4 will be three years old by then! And this is before you consider the fact that the USD is fast stronger against the Yen now compared to what it was back then.

I'll put it this way, $400US today converted to Yen is worth the equivalent of:

• $630US when the Wii U launched
  • $500US when the PS4 launched

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

StarDust4Ever

Yeah I noticed when importing some old Famicom games and more recently Amiibos, the Yen has really fallen in recent years. Stuff is cheaper than it used to be.

StarDust4Ever

Sleepingmudkip

I've heard people around the internet already say that the PS4(Xbox1) are already outdated in technology and thats so weird to me because I've noticed how quickly technology is advancing(especially in the mobile space)

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Smash_kirby

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I've heard people around the internet already say that the PS4(Xbox1) are already outdated in technology and thats so weird to me because I've noticed how quickly technology is advancing(especially in the mobile space)

Well the thing is that the systems are already outpaced by the PC, which for last gen didn't happen for at least halfway through the console life cycle. The problem is that Vista's low adoption and the cost of hardware at that time kept PCs at a similar tech level. Only games such as Arma, or even Fallout 3 actually could run well on the PC and take advantage of better hardware. With this gen, the systems are mid range computers, and in some cases already being maxed out.

Nintendo needs to be careful, they shouldn't be competing with the PS4 they should be competing with the PS5.

Smash_kirby

Sleepingmudkip

Smash_kirby wrote:

Nintendo needs to be careful, they shouldn't be competing with the PS4 they should be competing with the PS5.

I have not thought about this. This is exactly what nintendo needs to do.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

fascinatura

I highly doubt the NX is going to be a big beefy traditional console. They've projected 20 mil sales in the first year, have said they want to keep the price lower than they did with the Wii U, and that the NX will change gaming. Sounds like to me they're working on something different and aiming for another Wii-like success. Expect innovation (or "gimmicks" if you're one of those people.) So, yeah, there is a good chance it won't have the power of the PS4. Does it matter? I don't see people rushing out to buy the NX because it's the most powerful on the market... by then, X1 and PS4 will be well-established and have huge catalogs.

fascinatura

Syntech

@Sleepingmudkip: I know, right? (I said it before somewhere around here) Mobile tech is growing so fast a newly released chip in 2017 might give you visuals close to Xbone lol. Qualcomm's new chip, the 820, has a ton of features, uses andero (anagram for Radeon, tech came from AMD) and is made for compact devices. Just imagine adding a proper heat sinc to that. Not to mention AMD's new mystery ARM chip, and their work with ARM/x86 fusions. lol consoles finaly made the jump to x86 and they might just have to jump agian.

Syntech

Rumorlife

Goodness gracious I wish they'd just do some power machine already so we can get this discussion off the table. If the NX isn't just as if not more powerful than PS4 in some sense or another everyone is going to trash talk and it then dismiss it again. Before someone goes "Oh I don't think that's true" try again, because y'all just did that with the WiiU and you tried to with the Wii and you sure as all hell tried to dismiss the DS & 3DS as not being something that can stand up to the PSP or Vita but we all know how those 2 episodes played out.

Rumorlife

Syntech

16 core 5.2ghz 7nm 22w professor, 128gb hdr ram, 2ghz w/turbo @3ghz, 5tb ssd hard drive, 3x hdmi2 outputs, 7.1 audio and a built in cappuccino machine.
Never mind. Media will still bash it for being weak
nove from 7nm to photonic core or quantum.

Syntech

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.