Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Posts 21 to 40 of 1,350

GrizzlyArctos

@Socar: Given that mobile games are often played in short bursts, suspending a game would then allow you to pick up where you left earlier, rather than acting as a save in case you lose.

And as for level length, why is Angry Birds being brought into it? It's a completely different game.

Yes, I like bears.

DarthNocturnal

@Socar

Suspend is quicksave...you wanted an option to break up the time it takes to beat a chapter. That's the main option in the games.

I get your point. I just don't agree with it. There's no rule written saying "thou must only play for five minutes at a time on thine mobile device". No more then there is for 3DS. If they actually want to create a mobile FE that requires a decent measure of time to play, then fine. I don't really expect that (I expect "Fire Emblem Lite") but you need to let go of this 5-10 minute "restriction".

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Socar

@arronishere: you're quote is that I have to stop arguing with you but you have not made a reasonable argument to make it so. So what's your point?

@GrizzlyArctos: Ok....how about Advance Wars?

@DarthNocturnal: There's no rule in that but its a trend. You think someone would be dumb to beat a level that takes 30 minutes to complete while on the bus? No. Because that someone is better off investing time with something that he doesn't spend too much time playing while on a bus.

Nintendo needs to figure out how this can be achieved for Mobile. TRPG's are niche and having Fire Emblem the king of TRPG to try to change it is risky. You can't put Conquest type of maps in a phone unless its microtransactions, something which again isn't a rule but a trend.

Edited on by Socar

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

DefHalan

Socar wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

@Socar: Collectable Card Game. they are very popular on Mobile devices.
http://www.geek.com/games/the-6-best-hardcore-ccgs-on-ios-and...

That's not bad tbh.

CCG have a lot that is similar to TRPGs but the gameplay is simplified and the turns are quicker. I think a CCG would be a good move for Nintendo with Fire Emblem on Mobile. Isn't there a real CCG of Fire Emblem coming out or something? Maybe this will just be the digital version.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/24/how-to-play-the-fire-emb...

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

GrizzlyArctos

@Socar: Okay, Advance Wars. The fact that it's not an rpg aside, it still has a similar style of play but more leaning towards resource management and capturing bases. The maps can still easily last around 30 minutes, but you don't have to do a level all at once. You can do a turn or two, suspend it and come back later. You can easily just have quick 5 minute bursts on Advance Wars or Fire Emblem, like say if you were to play it while travelling, or you could sit down with them and spend longer if you want.

Yes, I like bears.

Socar

@GrizzlyArctos: That's kinda like saying you can beat chess in five minutes since both of the games are very similar to chess but more complex.

You still don't get it....these games require thinking. Even if you play it casually, you still need to figure out a strategy to beat the enemies and that requires a tactical approach.

Look here.

Tell me something, was black thinking straight or not here? Because it sure as hell looks like he was.
Thinking requires time and it takes a lot of stress. Stress isn't something someone would want to play while on a bus.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

DarthNocturnal

@Socar

He didn't say "complete the map". He said a turn or two. It'd be like playing a ways into a chess match, then having a break for a snack or something, then returning to it.

The fact it requires thinking is irrelevant. You are perfectly capable of playing in short bursts OR long stretches.

And if you're having excess stress while playing a game, you're doing something wrong, or need a break.

One reason why Nintendo puts games like this on handhelds is because you can play them in short bursts on a bus or train ride (something people in Japan do a lot of, and no doubt many also do worldwide). Doesn't matter if it's a chapter complete or a few turns, it's a perfectly viable option.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

GrizzlyArctos

@Socar: At no point did I say you could win in five minutes. I said you could take a turn or two in that time, suspend it for a bit and come back later. Plenty of time there to think about what you're going to do.

Like say you're playing Fire Emblem on 3DS, but you have to put it down in the middle of the game. You could easily put the 3DS on sleep mode then when you're back you can pick it up exactly where you left off.

Edited on by GrizzlyArctos

Yes, I like bears.

Socar

@DarthNocturnal: Ok pal. You seem to claim that TRPGs can be finished in short bursts. Ok, I'll show you maps from Final Fantasy tactics where many of them are short bursts.

This is a very small map but the enemy here is overpowered because not only you have to beat him twice, but his second form is deadly and he can easily swipe off all your units. Unless you don't act fast, you're pretty much screwed here.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Socar

@GrizzlyArctos: And why do that when you can rather have quick saves instead of suspending? Its not the lack of will here but again coming to the lack of time.

Anyways, is it confirmed that Intelligent Systems will be working on this?

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Aozz101x

i wouldn't mind there being a card version of Fire Emblem. although, people may disagree. but still that would be pretty cool (if done right though)

Edited on by Aozz101x

im creep out with thoese eyes... :P

3DS Friend Code: 3153-5789-3951 | Nintendo Network ID: Aozz101x

DefHalan

MysteryAozz wrote:

i wouldn't mind there being a card version of Fire Emblem. although, people may disagree. but still that would be pretty cool (if done right though)

Yeah, totally agree. I think it could be a very fun way to bring Fire Emblem to mobile while still retaining a lot of the gameplay's charm from the main series.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DarthNocturnal

@Socar

Read please. Because you clearly didn't.

DarthNocturnal wrote:

He didn't say "complete the map". He said a turn or two.

Translation: We aren't saying you can beat a level in short bursts, just that you have the choice to play in short bursts. And the fact it's an SRPG doesn't affect that.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Socar

@DarthNocturnal: It requires strategy and strategy is a genre that requires the player to think.

Play chess on phone, there is no way you can play that on a bus because you only have 30 minutes to win the game and 30 minutes of thinking isn't something people do when in buses. Maybe trains or ships but hell no in buses.

You keep saying that strategy games don't require thinking. Have you played a strategy game that didn't make you think once?

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

DefHalan

@Socar: Are you reading the same post I am... this seems like you are wanting to have a different conversation than what other people are saying.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DarthNocturnal

Socar wrote:

You keep saying that strategy games don't require thinking. Have you played a strategy game that didn't make you think once?

I never said that... at all....

Honestly, I never want to be the one who tosses out the "troll" label due to disagreement... but at this point, I've got the feeling that I'm out of options.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

GrizzlyArctos

@Socar: Lets take this back to basics. You said that Fire Emblem levels take 30 minutes to finish, and as such it isn't suited to mobile.

My argument is that you can break those 30 minutes up and play through the level in mulitple shorter sessions rather than all at once by suspending (or quick saving which is literally the same thing but with a different name, but whatever). Same amount of time just spread out. Hell, with Fire Emblem Awakening I found myself doing this when I had a few spare minutes rather than an hour or so to play a game.

You aren't beating the level in five minutes and you have plenty of time to think out your moves for the turn.

Edited on by GrizzlyArctos

Yes, I like bears.

SomeBitTripFan

I'll just say this. About 75% of the time I've spent playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown (and Enemy Within) has been on a bus, in roughly 15-20 minute intervals (and I've clocked well over 100 hours playing the game). There's also a port of said game to iOS and Android. XCOM plays fine in this manner, I can imagine (modern) Fire Emblem could play equally fine. We're talking about a series of game that have primarily been on portables, which can easily be suspended, and does not require complex, real-time input. By all standards (especially now), Fire Emblem is a shoe-in for mobile.

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

RR529

Yeah, I can't wait to see more of this.

It may be what finally rips me away from Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle (the F2P game I've been playing bit by bit every day since it released back in September).

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic