Forums

Topic: Nintendo Direct (13/2/14)

Posts 141 to 160 of 255

JoyBoy

I expect NOTHING, just Iwata's face...

I'm so much better at this than you guys.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

penguinpl

Message from shopto.net on their facebook page : Nintendo has announced that it will host a Nintendo Direct session tonight at 10pm. The firm will be discussing WiiU and 3DS titles releasing by the end of spring and we've heard from inside sources that it'll be well worth watching.

penguinpl

kkslider5552000

19Robb92 wrote:

JonnyKong wrote:

And we desperately need new 3DS games, the line up for that console is looking particularly sparse this year so far.

Maybe that's what Monolith Soft's re-tweeting about, and not X.

We haven't heard anything on their 3DS game in forever.

That would be an amazing troll. I'd honestly save that for E3. Like make it one of their 3DS announcements there and then "oh did you think we meant this game?" and show the best trailer they can possibly make for X and finally fully confirm the online aspects.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JoyBoy

Online? wut?

SW-7849-9887-2074

cookiex

41 minutes long...

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

JoyBoy

Is that really that long? It is, isn't it?

So it's either gonna be a very slow direct or with a lot of different content.

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

PrincessSugoi

Had a feeling this direct would be longer than usual. Hoping and praying that means we're getting a lot of content and it's not just 30 minutes of Tropical Freeze footage.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

Romeo

hmn.. how long are the Nintendo Directs usually? weren't they usually about 30-40mins?
apparently not.. or else nobody would get so hyped about the 41mins ._.

really can't remember..

Romeo

JonnyKong

The one we got in December was 36 minutes long.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

cookiex

Romeo wrote:

hmn.. how long are the Nintendo Directs usually? weren't they usually about 30-40mins?
apparently not.. or else nobody would get so hyped about the 41mins ._.

really can't remember..

They're usually 30-35 minutes. The E3 direct was 38 minutes excluding the showfloor tour at the end.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

Romeo

okay.. so why is everyone so hyped about a few extra mintues? for all we know they could have just decided to show really long DKC:TF and Mario Kart 8 trailers, talk a bit more about Pokemon Bank etc.
it doesn't automatically mean they'll announce 1-2 new 1st party titles or show off some new X + Bayonetta 2 footage Oo

Romeo

afro_insomniac

All I want:

-Announce a game for April to fill the void in between February (DKTF, Bravely Default, Layton), March (Yoshi), and May (Mario Kart). Would be great to have a Wii U title since right now DK is carrying the entire load for the first 4 to 5 months of 2014!
-More info on X
-More info on Mario Kart
-More info on Smash Bros
-Update on some 3rd party titles (Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors)
-Virtual Console update (probably going to be minor)

Would be epic:

-A single exciting teaser for a new Wii U IP/original game releasing this holiday (all I need is a teaser Nintendo, please give us something!)
-Major update on the Wii U virtual console
-Seriously, throw us Wii U owners a bone Nintendo. Do us like you did the 3DS and revitalize the system!

Edited on by afro_insomniac

afro_insomniac

cookiex

I did a bit of digging and found an interesting pattern. Both only re-tweet Nintendo's posts when there's news regarding a project they're involved in. The chances of Bayonetta 2 and X appearing tonight just went up a notch (but don't bank on it).

Edit: The director of Bayonetta 2, Yusuke Hashimoto, also re-tweeted. Similar posting pattern as the others. The plot thickens.
https://twitter.com/PG_y_hashimoto

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

JonSpangler

Maybe not what everyone wants but I am hoping for another GC HD remake. I think Wind Waker was announced about this time.
If they can put out a game as good as Wind Waker in terms of upgrades and features I would be very happy. And with the trickle of software without 3rd parties it would be good to put in a slow month.

JonSpangler

Twitter:

Snagrio

I can't even remember the last time when the hype levels were this high. Let's hope Nintendo can meet that hype.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Snagrio

I'm not really speculating much myself besides Smash. It's just an exciting time in general.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

jump

I'm seeing Monster Magnet tonight so I can't watch it live but then again I never watch them live, I just read the sum up article and then watch if a trailer sounds intresting.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TheKingOfTown

does the ustream link work on wii u?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

2Pac

I'm expecting:
MK8: New Features, Onliine, Customization, New Tracks and Chararcters and release.
Smash: Diddy Kong and/or Dixie Kong Anoused.
X: Don't Know.
Bayonetta 2: Don't Know.
DK:TF: A New Trailer.
Hyrule Warriers: Nothing.
Yarn Yoshi: Something.
3rd Party/Indie: Sizle Real.
Other: NFC games teaced, New Sonic Boom stuff.

the switch is pretty cool.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6550-4870 | Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

Nintendelb

I have a feeling that this will be a filler Nintendo Direct.
You know, something along the lines of:

"Hey, did you hear, there is Sonic Boom coming out! This is a new Sonic game and Sonic looks different, it'll come out late 2014
Hey, did you play Bravely Default yet? It's a grand adventure for the 3DS, and it has Streetpass features that are cool and it's strategic.
So, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze is coming out next week. It's colorful, looks really good and it's going to be fun. Coming out in a week, buy it.
Did you know you can shoot giant eggs in the New Yoshi's Island? Coming out late 2014.
We are still working on Smash Bros.
We are still working on MK8.
Bayonetta 2 is still being worked on, here's a 1 minute trailer that just shows that this is Bayonetta.
Hope you guys liked it, see you next time
Oh wait, remember the Zelda DLC we promised for Sonic's Lost World? Available now for 3 dollars."

Hopefully it's not, I love getting excited. If it is, well... I'll just wait until next month.

Edited on by Nintendelb

Nintendelb

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.