News Forum

Topic: Nintendo Direct (13/2/14)

Showing 241 to 260 of 260

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

241. Posted:

X sounds like 2015 (in the West) to me. Bayo 2 in the holidays with Smash. And the rest of the year...?

Edited on by citizenerased

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

PrincessSugoi

242. Posted:

So many good eshop announcements! The new Level 5 game, Inazuma Eleven, Pokemon Battle Tozei <3 1001 Spikes (?) reminds me of "Give Up" lol. That could be a pretty fun title.

Those Mario Kart and Bayonetta trailers were phucking ACE! I'm now twenty times more excited for those games then I was before! Still not completely sold on X even I like the concept so will have to see more down the line.

Overall, was pretty satisfied with this Direct.

Btw, did anyone else love how Iwata said "FINALLY" when announcing the GBA VC arrival? LOL Would've been more excited for it if they were for the 3DS instead of the Wii U but ehhh, at least they're finally coming.

Current playlist: Senran Kagura Burst, Super Mario Bros. 3, Sonic the Hedgehog 1, Nightsky

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

243. Posted:

MuchoMochi wrote:

It was really disheartening to see all the negativity at the end of the direct. I don't know what's wrong with gamers today but a lot of our peers sounded like immature children. Especially when Nintendo says before EVERY direct what is going to be in it. They say stupid crap like their is going to be a new game release when obviously there won't be. Anyway I won't let it sour the day, this direct was great, a lot of gaming to be done on the 3DS until Mario Kart arrives :)

Look at the facebook comments. Lots of grown men crying. They get all that and complain about not having Flipnote. Lol. It would have been nice to see more stuff for the Wii U, but over all it was decent. It's not nearly as bad as some directs have been.

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

HappyHappyist

244. Posted:

lame direct. i didn't expect anything new, but everything that was new was lame.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

AuthorMessage

TheHaydenator

245. Posted:

I wish Nintendo would just listen to their consumers....

TheHaydenator

3DS Friend Code: 1392-4253-0104 | Nintendo Network ID: TheHaydenator

AuthorMessage

ChuJelly

246. Posted:

Very glad to hear some release dates, and more stuff for already announced titles!!!! I'm a little let down we didn't get a new Kong announced for SSB (I really expected it, due to this direct being conveniently on TF's Japan release date :( ) but Little Mac is an EXTREMELY welcome new addition!!! :D

Koopalings for MK8 is interesting. It wasn't the addition I was hoping for, but I'm sure many must be really happy about it! I might use Boomboom or Iggy from time to time ;) Hoping that they will add other characters too, though; with how many Koopalings there are, I worry about how many other new, non-koopa characters they'll add to the game. The roster seems to be filling up quickly.

Edited on by ChuJelly

Restoring your life and magic in a pinch since 2003 :)

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9121-4172 | Nintendo Network ID: PBnJelly

AuthorMessage

TheHaydenator

247. Posted:

ChuJelly wrote:

Very glad to hear some release dates, and more stuff for already announced titles!!!! I'm a little let down we didn't get a new Kong announced for SSB (I really expected it, due to this direct being conveniently on TF's Japan release date :( ) but Little Mac is an EXTREMELY welcome new addition!!! :D

Koopalings for MK8 is interesting. It wasn't the addition I was hoping for, but I'm sure many must be really happy about it! I might use Boomboom or Iggy from time to time ;) Hoping that they will add other characters too, though; with how many Koopalings there are, I worry about how many non-
koopa characters they'll have. The roster seems to be filling up quickly!

No King Boo announced yet.....

TheHaydenator

3DS Friend Code: 1392-4253-0104 | Nintendo Network ID: TheHaydenator

AuthorMessage

afro_insomniac

248. Posted:

A bunch of cool news for me.

Little Mac in Smash Bros trailer to start off the direct was awesome. His moveset in the game looks very interesting and fun.

Man, the 3DS gets even more titles for its stacked library. I liked the trailer for Yoshi, it actually looks really interesting now.

Seeing the Koopalings in Mario Kart was more epic than I thought it would be. It's going to be awesome having more villain characters in the game. What a nice surprise, it's a subtle addition but man that looks sweet. Looks like the game's going to have a ton of characters. May 30th release date is a super bummer though.

I wasn't really excited seeing NES Remix 2, but the inclusion of the Super Luigi Bros. game has me intrigued. If it's the same price as the first NES Remix I might actually pick this one up. Also, the games this second remix is based on look way better than the first. I'd be content with 12 quality NES titles rather than a mixed bag of 16 titles. Sucks the game wasn't released today though.

GBA virtual console games look interesting, but that solely depends on pricing. Pretty solid offerings to start off.

X looks great, that giant mech/monster battle looked sweet.

Overall a very nice presentation.

Edited on by afro_insomniac

afro_insomniac

AuthorMessage

ChuJelly

249. Posted:

TheHaydenator wrote:

ChuJelly wrote:

Koopalings for MK8 is interesting. It wasn't the addition I was hoping for, but I'm sure many must be really happy about it! I might use Boomboom or Iggy from time to time ;) Hoping that they will add other characters too, though; with how many Koopalings there are, I worry about how many non-
koopa characters they'll have. The roster seems to be filling up quickly!

No King Boo announced yet.....

Nor have Diddy and Shy Guy returned yet ;(
If neither of them are added, I'm not sure who i'm going to be racing with. They're some of my regulars.

Edited on by ChuJelly

Restoring your life and magic in a pinch since 2003 :)

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9121-4172 | Nintendo Network ID: PBnJelly

AuthorMessage

MuchoMochi

250. Posted:

Spuratis wrote:

MuchoMochi wrote:

It was really disheartening to see all the negativity at the end of the direct. I don't know what's wrong with gamers today but a lot of our peers sounded like immature children. Especially when Nintendo says before EVERY direct what is going to be in it. They say stupid crap like their is going to be a new game release when obviously there won't be. Anyway I won't let it sour the day, this direct was great, a lot of gaming to be done on the 3DS until Mario Kart arrives :)

Look at the facebook comments. Lots of grown men crying. They get all that and complain about not having Flipnote. Lol. It would have been nice to see more stuff for the Wii U, but over all it was decent. It's not nearly as bad as some directs have been.

Exactly! It's hard to be a gamer when these people are so disconnected from reality they don't know what real disappointment is. I can't even watch the directs on Nintendolife anymore I left 10 minutes in because the wild predictions and naysaying just gets so crazy. Nintendo showed us some great 3DS titles before E3 and we got a Mario Kart release date. Every game we expected to come out in 2014 is looking to be Q3/Q4 so I guess I'll wait until then for the "Oh my gawwwddd Nintendo my poor wallet! Love you guys knew you would pull through I always stand by you!" Stupid.

Edited on by MuchoMochi

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

251. Posted:

All I can say is X looks amazing. :D
Edit: Bayonetta looked awesome too.

Edited on by Jazzer94

SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

252. Posted:

Moorpheel wrote:

Where can I rewatch the direct? I'd love to see the first half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdQg43n2OaM (for North America)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

253. Posted:

Very good Direct! I screamed like a school girl at Little Mac being put in Smash. He was the only new character I wanted! Always glad to get some more trailers for my beauty Bayonetta too.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WebHead

254. Posted:

...My lord. Reggie wasn't kidding when he said gamers were insatiable. Nintendo ain't perfect, but sometimes people just ask too much of them.

Anyway, I enjoyed it, especially Lil Mac for SSB announcement and Bayonetta 2.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

Sparx

255. Posted:

I have just one question, where the heck was Reggie this time around?

Sparx

AuthorMessage

MuchoMochi

256. Posted:

Sparx wrote:

I have a bad feeling Nintendo might be making some internal changes if you know what I mean....

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

AuthorMessage

Sparx

257. Posted:

MuchoMochi wrote:

Sparx wrote:

I have a bad feeling Nintendo might be making some internal changes if you know what I mean....

I guess his body was not ready :(

Sparx

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

258. Posted:

MuchoMochi wrote:

Sparx wrote:

Reggie says Iwata's body wasn't ready :O

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

259. Posted:

I got inazuma Eleven so as far I'm concerned its the greatest direct so far.

I'm a 3DS man all the way but I was a little disappointed with the Wii U news. Still may try and scoop one up before a Vita and PS4 though.

On the IE note its weird the game and anime never came to america with the growing popularity of the MLS and considering how big youth soccer. I could say the same eye shield and Slam Dunk as well. All seem like no briainers to get the sports market with out having to compete with madden.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Sparx

260. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

I got inazuma Eleven so as far I'm concerned its the greatest direct so far.

I'm a 3DS man all the way but I was a little disappointed with the Wii U news. Still may try and scoop one up before a Vita and PS4 though.

On the IE note its weird the game and anime never came to america with the growing popularity of the MLS and considering how big youth soccer. I could say the same eye shield and Slam Dunk as well. All seem like no briainers to get the sports market with out having to compete with madden.

that's actually a good idea, maybe nintendo should get Eye Shield and Slam Dunk games as exclusives for the sports fans?

Sparx