Forums

Topic: What are your religious views?

Posts 101 to 120 of 340

Machu

I didn't give a serious answer yesterday as I was fearful of what I might type (and didn't want Prosody to have to 'tidy up' after me).
Religion in my view has always been a simple system of control, an attempt to make us act 'civilized', instead of being the animals that we are. By making people question there actions, and delivering generous helpings of guilt, religion has (i suppose) gone some way to crafting the 'civilized society' we now live in. But, it's not all civilized is it, people still kill each other in the name of 'a God', supposed 'holy people' use there trusted position to visit sins on others, and then there are those who use religion for profit, praying on those in need.

Religion to some is simply a crutch, to others a 3rd party to thank or blame, to me it's something that stands in the way of our evolution. I too am a Humanist, who marvels at the might of the Universe, who loves to observe nature and the way everything evolved to where it is. I also, don't pretend to be all-knowing and accept that there is a small possibility of some 'greater power' having a hand in all this. But to be honest, the Universe is a big place and I imagine he/she/it would have many fingers, in many pies. And when he/she/it does return, they are not gonna be impressed. We're still killing each other, we're are destroying this beautiful planet they gave us. I wouldn't be surprised if he/she/it just torched the Earth and decide to start afresh.

Sometimes it makes me sad, that I will never know how us human's did, wishing I could take a glance 2,000 yrs into the future, to see if we are as advanced as I think we could be (assuming we last that long).

I am a child of science. But I have faith!

Rawr!

Reala

Atheist.

Reala

Outrunner

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Kizzi wrote:

free will... Well every person is sinful, EVERYONE.
God is perfect, his followers are not. We sin, he doesn't.
he sent his son to die for our sins so we can go to heaven.

Amen,Kizzi.

Amen indeed.

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

Machu

@Outrunner

Which God are you talking about? I get confused. And anyway, we are not going 'down the pan', this age is far less bloody than any before.

And Evolution cannot be proven? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8057465.stm This lil thing is 47 million years old, which means God 'created' it some time before then. Yeah?

EDIT: Woah, where did ur comment go, hhmm.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Outrunner

AlexSays wrote:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

@AlexSays-All I'm going to say is this,those priests are not TRUE CHRISTIANS. Just because they claim they are Christians ,does not mean they are. There are many false Christians and few true Christians. That's all I'm going to say for now...

Hey I'm just sayin', if I had endless amounts of power, I'd keep those "fake Christians" from defiling my religion.

If you're okay with the "Sit back and see what happens" approach that's fine but I'd want my "almighty power" to kick some ass and chew bubble gum.

J-Man wrote:

He created all of us and everything.

So he created the murderers, and the sociopaths, and the natural disasters, etc. etc. Gotchya.

Yes he seems like a great guy.

He created man. Man turned away from Him. Sin means to turn away from God. Those things are a result of sin entering the world.

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

Outrunner

Machu wrote:

@Outrunner

Which God are you talking about? I get confused. And anyway, we are not going 'down the pan', this age is far less bloody than any before.

And Evolution cannot be proven? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8057465.stm This lil thing is 47 million years old, which means God 'created' it some time before then. Yeah?

EDIT: Woah, where did ur comment go, hhmm.

I removed it before I saw your reply as I thought it might be pushing my views.
As for that fossil, I don't believe it's 47 million years old. I believe macro-evolution to be a lie but I respect your right to believe what you do.
I believe in the Living God. The God of Abraham and Jacob. The God who sent His Son who was Himself God to die for our sins.
John 3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have ever-lasting life.

Edited on by Outrunner

SupermarketZombies

I find it funny that Jesus is referred to as Jesus Christ like Christ is a surname. Christ is a title like messiah or savior, not his last name.

Scared of the future, but bored with the past.

Machu

@Outrunner: Fair enough I suppose. It's a shame you are closed to an idea, which is ten times more wondrous than anything in the Bible. Oh well, that's why I don't talk to religious people about such things, y'know, the world, the universe, because we live in different ones.

Rawr!

Outrunner

Machu wrote:

@Outrunner: Fair enough I suppose. It's a shame you are closed to an idea, which is ten times more wondrous than anything in the Bible. Oh well, that's why I don't talk to religious people about such things, y'know, the world, the universe, because we live in different ones.

There's nothing more wondrous to me than the grace of God, man.

Machu

"There's nothing more wondrous to me than the grace of God, man."

I have eyes to view this amazing world. I have legs to travel upon it. I have fingers and the ability to type and it be understood (most of the time ). I have a mind, which gives me the power to assess and read the world, thus making my own conclusions about it, and not being limited to 'what I'm told'.

My mother and father (and there DNA) gifted these abilities to me, not God. I thank them, not him/her/it.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Adam

I thank Xenu everyday for the life he has given me.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Philip_J_Reed

SupermarketZombies wrote:

I find it funny that Jesus is referred to as Jesus Christ like Christ is a surname. Christ is a title like messiah or savior, not his last name.

I like to give him the middle initial H.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Machu

@Adam LMAO! Brilliant dude, yet another random God (or dictator in this case) enters the fray.

Which God will win, stay tuned!

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Adam

Machu wrote:

Which God will win, stay tuned!

Don't wait. Find out for yourself!

Personally, I prefer Ganesha. My world lit prof gave me a little Ganesha statue / figurine. I left it on my desk at work, and you wouldn't believe the attention I got from hot Indian girls. I like to view this as proof that Ganesha is watching over me. That, and he is my best character on Faith Fighter, not to mention his highly amusing role in The Satanic Verses.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Machu

Ha that was great, Budia totally kicked Jesus' ass, then Ganesha fell. But then Muhammad kicked my ass into another life. Brilliant

I'm running away from this thread now, I hope I don't return

Rawr!

SupermarketZombies

On a more serious note this site has tons of gods to look at. I prefer the Norse ones.

Scared of the future, but bored with the past.

Objection

Turbo+Genesis+64 wrote:

I was raised Catholic, but I don't go to church anymore. I believe that you can be spiritual and not be part of an organized church. Religion in itself doesn't make you a good person.

That about sums my religious past up as well.

Kizzi wrote:

free will... Well every person is sinful, EVERYONE.
God is perfect, his followers are not. We sin, he doesn't.

I think having a statement like that in a religion just makes people want to feel that they owe God something. Not everyone sins enough or on a big enough scale to really call it "sin." How about a newborn baby? They count as people, especially in the views of anti-abortion. groups.

For the record, I believe in Intelligent Design (it all had to come from somewhere) but still often doubt the presence of an Almighty Being in such a cruel world as the one that ours can be. That may seem contradictory and I do sometimes feel conflicted. Also, I am pro-choice, support the death penalty (actually wish it was more than a needle), and according to a Facebook app, am moderately liberal.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

MoogleMuffins

I've never liked the idea of religion to be honest, I think it causes more trouble than its worth and the world would be better without it.

Of course I don't mean to offend anyone by saying that, I respect other peoples views on the matter. I also find it hard to believe that there was absolutley nothing and all of a sudden "God" comes out of nowhere and creates life. It doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Edited on by MoogleMuffins

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

Kizzi

@Machu: look up this site. www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2009/05/19/ida-missing-link

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.