Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 6,861 to 6,880 of 6,968

darkfenrir

Unpopular Opinion, at least in my circle of friends.

Let people have some sort of accessibility to change the difficulty of the game. (' - ' ) Doesn't need to be crazy, even just little thing like "yeah you keep everything even if you die including your exp", or even the "half damage woohoo".

Like just little thing that can make a game more manageable.

Edited on by darkfenrir

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Anti-Matter

I don't think the Chibi form from Metroid Prime Federation Force was really bad idea. It looked cute somehow.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

diwdiws

@darkfenrir adding accessibility is fine and adding difficulty sliders is not a problem. it just that no one is entitled to it. You cant force developers do add it if they dont want to

diwdiws

darkfenrir

@diwdiws Indeed, not like I have any power to force them to. Just that I wish nearly everything has that option shrug

Although not sure if this fall under unpopular opinion, but I hate it when devs put in difficulty option... and decide player isn't allowed to get good ending/or even get any ending unless they pick harder difficulty. Ending shouldn't be tied to difficulty at all.

darkfenrir

SamusLv7

@darkfenrir I second that. In Octopath, I almost died against a duo boss fight in one chapter of the Ophilia. I think they were two guys with black hoods that use magic and a special ability to conceal their weakness.

Now playing:
Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default.

darkfenrir

@SamusLv7 Oof I think I know that one. Every boss in Octopath is quite hard... especially when you are on Chapter 3/4. Or those hidden bosses. I already gave up after doing 2 of Chapter 4 bosses o)--< (and 1 hidden)

darkfenrir

SamusLv7

@darkfenrir True. I think the duo I fight was the boss of the third chapter of Ophilia. I guess I'll have to level grind when I continue playing again ūüėÖ as I am currently playing Zelda BotW and Mario + Rabbits.

Now playing:
Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default.

Heavyarms55

Unpopular opinion: I don't like vague rumors from random, so-called sources and insiders. So-and-so thinks... Industry insiders suspect... So-called news source reports that (Nintendo) will probably do X...

I feel like that kind of vague speculation isn't worth it. But I guess it generates clicks and no one forces me to read it. But I am kinda sick of all the "thinks" "suspects" and "probably"s...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

MegaSwitch

I agree with you 100%. Anyone can make a speculation, or fake leak.

MegaSwitch

ReaderRagfish

I especially hate the Metroid Prime Trilogy rumor. Various "leakers" have been saying "It's right around the corner!" about 5 different times in the last year.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Tyranexx

ReaderRagfish wrote:

I especially hate the Metroid Prime Trilogy rumor. Various "leakers" have been saying "It's right around the corner!" about 5 different times in the last year.

This. It's like people enjoy setting themselves up for disappointment. But yeah, I agree; these leaks are getting ridiculous. If I were in a position where I truly "knew" such things, I'd rather keep the trust of those involved intact versus netting myself fifteen minutes of fame on the internet.

Or maybe I'm just cynical today.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, any non-RPG on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

iKhan

Heavyarms55 wrote:

Unpopular opinion: I don't like vague rumors from random, so-called sources and insiders. So-and-so thinks... Industry insiders suspect... So-called news source reports that (Nintendo) will probably do X...

I feel like that kind of vague speculation isn't worth it. But I guess it generates clicks and no one forces me to read it. But I am kinda sick of all the "thinks" "suspects" and "probably"s...

The thing is, I like reading other people's speculation. Around E3 I actually enjoy reading the fake BS rumors because I get to know what kinds of things people want/are expecting.

Currently Playing: Pokemon Crystal, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Daemon X Machina Prototype Missions

Sintown

Here is some of mine:
I don't entirely hate Duke Nukem Forever
TF2 isn't dead and still fun as hell
Undertale is an overrated, overhyped piece of crap

Sintown

ReaderRagfish

Tetris 99 was a disappointment for me. I was really excited for it when I saw it in the direct and the game itself is well made, but I just don't think the concept works as well in practice as it does on paper.

It just feels like an ordinary game of Tetris, except after a while your board randomly fills up and you die. The interaction between other players feels almost unnoticeable most of the time, you can choose who you attack but it often feels like it affects nothing. And the very first round I played I had no idea how any of that stuff worked, and I still got 2nd place just by playing it like a normal Tetris game.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Venus_Adept

I hate first person shooters, all of them. Just put one in front of me and you will se my eyes turning red in matter of seconds.

Venus_Adept

Morpheel

You should get that checked, it’s probably not good for your eyes.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MegaSwitch

Mallow4smash>Geno4smash.

Personally don't think any of the Mario RPG characters deserve to be in smash, as they all have only been in one game. But if any of them are gonna get in, I want it to be Mallow. I think his weather magic would make him a fun character to play.

MegaSwitch

iLikeUrAttitude

Sun and Moon are the worst pokemon games

Good... good
Let the weeb flow through you...

Switch Friend Code: SW-1693-4995-1592

Anti-Matter

Dance Dance Revolution is still relevant until today, even a lot of peoples have move on from DDR.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

R_Champ

@Sintown

Awwww snap. You went after Undertale. The internet will hunt you down.

Not me though, I haven't even played it because I didn't love Earthbound and figured Undertale wasn't for me. I may give it a try someday, but lately 90% of the games I've played that I figured I wouldn't like...I didn't like (coughDarkSoulscough)

My contribution to this thread:
I think Skyward Sword is WAY better than Majora's Mask. Better Dungeons (Gawd, so much better), better music, better character development, better sidekick (Tatl sucks. Midna is better than Fi though, I'm not crazy), better villain (Ghirahim is so much better than Skullkid), equal atmosphere (in different ways), motion controls are far less annoying than the time mechanic (lemme go claim my rupees for the millionth time), better boss battles, and better contribution to the lore (convoluted as it is). Majora's Mask's sidequests are pretty stellar though...too bad 3/4 of the masks you only use once...

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic