Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 6,881 to 6,900 of 7,121

FullbringIchigo

unpopular opinions: The Witcher 3 isn't that good

i love RPG's but i just found the story boring, the characters unlikable and the combat clunky

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I like Star Wars. It was young King Arthur growing up, slaying the evil emperor finally. There's nothing wrong with that kind of entertainment - everything doesn't have to create a philosophy for you - for your whole life. You can also have fun." - Gene Roddenberry

LetsGoSwitch

My opinion: I'm right, you're wrong, debate over.

LetsGoSwitch

PBandSmelly

OPINION TIME
Xenoblade 2 is a trainwreck
Switch Online is good
The N64 has less good games than the WiiU
NES/Gameboy games can give hours of fun if you just try it.
The 3DS is HIGHLY underrated, as well as the GBA
Skyward Sword is a masterpiece
Nuts and Bolts was fun at times
The dual Joycons feel comfy
Switch Tax for games like Doom and Skyrim make sense since they are console games on the go.
The only good Sonic game in 20+ years is a fan made Sonic Mania

Forum Signature ACTIVATE

Ralizah

PBandSmelly wrote:

The N64 has less good games than the WiiU
NES/Gameboy games can give hours of fun if you just try it.
The 3DS is HIGHLY underrated, as well as the GBA
The dual Joycons feel comfy
Switch Tax for games like Doom and Skyrim make sense since they are console games on the go.

I (mostly) agree with these. Especially about dual joycons, which is my preferred way of playing Switch games.

In light of that, you're forgiven for your opinion on Xenoblade 2.

On Doom and Skyrim, while I do feel portability makes them more valuable to me, I think it also makes sense due to the newness of these versions in addition to cartridge costs.

Ralizah

Anti-Matter

@TheAwesomeBowser
I CAN join in ARMS' Party Crash Event because i HAVE Subscribed Nintendo Switch Online for $20/year.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

HobbitGamer

I find Undertale and Deltarune a tiring experience.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

PikPi

NSO is still a complete ripoff at $20,but so is ps+, now. Only Microsoft have anything resembling an actually rewarding subscription service.

The whole "it's only $20 so who cares" needs to die a slow death.

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

FullbringIchigo

@PikPi i was wondering what you meant by NSO then i realised, Nintendo Online service

as for Gold, it's offerings are starting to falter now too AND they are also increasing the price (at least in the UK) so give it a few months and it will be just as much of a rip off as the others (i think it's because they want people to use Game Pass instead, they are really pushing that whole "Digital service" angle)

but honestly i thought they were a rip off since the 360 days, i don't mind paying to play online i understand that keeping those services running costs money but ALL of the companies charge too much for it, not just Nintendo

"I like Star Wars. It was young King Arthur growing up, slaying the evil emperor finally. There's nothing wrong with that kind of entertainment - everything doesn't have to create a philosophy for you - for your whole life. You can also have fun." - Gene Roddenberry

Yellowtails

PikPi wrote:

NSO is still a complete ripoff at $20,but so is ps+, now. Only Microsoft have anything resembling an actually rewarding subscription service.

The whole "it's only $20 so who cares" needs to die a slow death.

Especially when you can say that Nintendo's online services has actually gotten worse.

Yellowtails

darkfenrir

But NSO is $5 per year :^)

(Since it's so easy to do the family plan)

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Ralizah

@PikPi Even at $50/year or so, PS+ is a great deal if you invest heavily into the ecosystem. You get a lot of extra discounts in the store during sales, and, while the PS+ lineup is often hit or miss, a lot of good games come to it, and it's a fantastic way to quickly build up a huge library.

There are also usually freebies each month, like themes, avatars, etc.

Ralizah

redd214

@Ralizah gotta agree there. Ps+ is a FANTASTIC deal at only $1 a week if you take advantage of the sales in the store. The free games are good occasionally, but if you buy a few games a month in the store, the discounts that add up usually eclipse the $50 you're spending on the sub. I've saved close to $50 in discounts just the last few weeks alone, rest of 2019 it's all in the black!!

redd214

Dogorilla

I don't necessarily agree with locking online multiplayer behind a paywall, but for me NSO is worth the £18 a year just for the NES games and Tetris 99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCyD3XoJgM

RedderRugfish

Dogorilla wrote:

I don't necessarily agree with locking online multiplayer behind a paywall, but for me NSO is worth the £18 a year just for the NES games and Tetris 99.

This is pretty much how I feel. I don't think anyone is thrilled about the concept of paying to play online games and I don't think many people are thinking "Man, NSO is so awesome! I'm thrilled with it!", but the NES games alone would have cost hundreds of dollars if they sold them all separately at Virtual Console prices.

So in terms of value for money, it's hard for me to justify calling NSO a rip off. Perhaps you hate NES games and don't personally want to pay $20 a year for access to dozens of them, and perhaps you personally think NSO could be better than it is, but the value is definitely there for sure.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

AlliMeadow

TheAwesomeBowser wrote:

Nintendo has no right taking down passionate fan projects. Fight me.

There isn't even a discussion to be had here. You are wrong. You might think they shouldn't have the right, but as of right now (and as it obviously should be), they do have the right.

Currently remaking Super Mario Land 2 in Mario Maker 2.

02F-C3H-X4G

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

RedderRugfish

@subpopz Unpopular Opinion: Balloon Fight is unironically my favorite NES game

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic