Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 6,301 to 6,320 of 12,088

MarioVillager92

@BacklogBlues Ah I see, gotcha. Thanks.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Heavyarms55

Unpopular opinion, I don't like the mini consoles, I would happily pay the same price for the collections of those games on Switch. (Or in the case of Playstation, on the PS4/5)

@Varubajia In my opinion that isn't saying much because all the 3D Mario games are really great games. lol

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Xyphon22

Heavyarms55 wrote:

Unpopular opinion, I don't like the mini consoles, I would happily pay the same price for the collections of those games on Switch. (Or in the case of Playstation, on the PS4/5)

I definitely agree. The only upside I see to the mini consoles is being able to play the games with the correct controllers. I have both the NES and SNES and there are a ton of games on them that I would like to play, but the fact that I have to get them out, unwind the cords, unplug my Fire TV Stick from both the outlet and the HDMI, and then plug the console in means I pretty much never do. I've been almost done with FFVI for months now but just play other stuff instead because it is easier to do. I would much rather just have Switch collections.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

darthstuey

@Anti-Matter you say these are only your opinions but your opinions become offensive to others when you preach them constantly and appear venomous when others take offence. - I don’t come on here very often but when I do there you are again. You constantly spout about your hatred for any games that aren’t kid friendly and seem oblivious to the fact that many people have the right to play and enjoy them. These aren’t unpopular opinions you have formed- they are simply biased and narrow minded.

Edited on by darthstuey

darthstuey

Twitter:

darthstuey

@Luigiscube just read this- think I replied in a similar manner and then saw his even more worrying reply. I don’t think you have to apologise- your comment was quite rationale unlike any of his.

darthstuey

Twitter:

RR529

Not sure how unpopular this is, but I'm not a big fan of chibi style characters in RPGs, and am so glad that Switch is a powerful enough handheld to have numerous RPGs with full sized casts such as Xenoblade Chronicles 2, YS VIII, Final Fantasy XX-2 & *XII, Shining Resonance Refrain, etc.

That said, I'm willing to look past my dislike of chibi style characters if the game seems interesting enough (I enjoyed Dragon Quest Builders well enough).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Heavyarms55

@Xyphon22 This is largely it. My TV, and most TVs only have 2 or 3 HDMI ports. And though you can buy HDMI switch boxes, I have found with several devices that the HDCP content protection thing always causes periodic and inconsistent signal drops defeating the benefit of having more HDMI ports via the box.

I have 3 things plugged into my TV, my PC, my PS4 and my Switch. I don't have room for my PS3, my Wii U, my SNES Mini, my... you get the picture.

Another unpopular opinion is that I think Nintendo has the right idea with those retro controllers for Switch NSO. Allowing people who really want that classic controller feel to buy a modern reproduction is a fine idea.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Maaryotyme

@darthstuey thanks for the support. I’ll just put him in the ignore list for a while.

Maaryotyme

Bunkerneath

FF VIII was one of the worst FF games, especially the end part where after using Rinoa for the entire game as she is the second best Character after Zell, you cant use her as "she wasn't at the orphanage with you"

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile, i think FF VIII is still better than FF VII in term of gameplay, music and character design. The story of FF VIII was simple, 6 photogenic models chased for the mighty sorcerer.
The Junction System and Magic Draw were interesting for me than Materia system.
My impression for FF VIII is still 90 from 100 while for FF VII is 60 from 100.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

kkslider5552000

I played it a long, looooong time ago, when PS1 was still relevant and I thought FFVII was the most amazing thing ever. And even I didn't get a lot of enjoyment out of my time with it even back then, and every time I look into the game again it just never seems that good. I had similar issues with X when I played it (at least in terms of story) but despite being more confident about X's flaws, X is certainly a better game.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Harmonie

I like a lot about FFVII, but my motivation to get through it is getting weighted down by the clunky overworld. It's not like modern open world games (obviously FFVII is not open world, but you get what I mean hopefully) where the maps are intuitive, and getting lost isn't an issue. I keep leaving towns/areas and not knowing where to go next and the overworld is just hard to navigate. The last time I played I got to the point where I was given a vehicle for the first time that allows traversing over areas we couldn't previously, and I ended up getting lost and then the vehicle ran out of fuel. I now am lost in the middle of nowhere in the world with a vehicle out of fuel that having working again may be necessary for me to progress further. sigh

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfish
"If you play with a guide, then you'll instantly break the game open kill bosses in one hit."

Oh, lemme guess...
The End by Selphie.
Instant KO for All foes including Bosses, if.... you lucky enough.

Anti-Matter

Krull

I thought this was the unpopular opinions thread? If someone came on here to defend Final Fantasy VIII, that would fit the bill.

I played it back in the day, and had a pretty good time with it. I had more leisure back then, and had no issues over grinding for magic, and grew to like the junctioning system that lets you max out all your stats. Good thing too - as I had no idea enemies had level-scaling, and I'm pretty sure I got Squall to max level by the end. Still beat the game, with no FAQs or tips. I'd actually be intrigued to try it with a guide, as it's apparently a wholly different experience if you avoid enemy encounters.

I know the plot and characters take a hammering - and I didn't identify with Squall at all - but it was pretty ambitious for a late Nineties RPG. I liked it more than FFX, frankly.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

HobbitGamer

I enjoyed Nuts N Bolts. In fact, I almost got 100% on it because I enjoyed so much of it.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@Harmonie That seems pretty standard plot development for an FF game though.
Untitled

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

I still feel VII is overrated. It was cool in its day, but it's aged SO badly, and the gameplay really just isn't that great today. Materia was great. Gameplay and controls not so much. VIII is just.....I wish I could experience the story of VIII in a way that doesn't make me prefer watching paint dry.

NEStalgia

kkslider5552000

Man, if only they could remake that game...

...would be a funnier joke 2 months ago.

(I love VII but I'm not some weird purist, especially towards the ATB system. ATB was never the best JRPG combat outside of Chrono Trigger, but that's probably because it was Chrono Trigger)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic