Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 12,088

LaserdiscGal

Can't you see all this arguing is tearing us apart!?!

RUBY MADNESS!

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

LzWinky

Santa wrote:

Can't you see all this arguing is tearing us apart!?!

RUBY MADNESS!

Untitled

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Socar

@bolt_stike: Funny how you claim that Nintendo games of this gen are generic when your avatar consists of a game that's the weakest entry in the pokemon series.

Here's an unpopular one, Third parties are lazy to make even decent ports. take a look at Final Fantasy 6 on Steam.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Haru17

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World is the best JRPG on Wii.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Whydoievenbother

Although Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire is one of my favorite games of all time, it's a pretty mediocre game. The controls aren't very well mapped out, the game's visuals haven't held up very well, Dash shoots like a stormtrooper, the environments can get so dark that you can barely see, and the bosses are either really easy or incredibly overpowered. And as for why I love this game so much, I don't have an answer for you. I just love this game.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Haru17

The funny thing about this thread is that you can't say anything about games like Minecraft. That's because Minecraft is so big that every conceivable perspective on it is 'popular.'

Freeon-Leon

@WaveGhoul: Nah, I think that too. I played both games until recently throigh the VC and while I loved the NES one, I just couldn't get into Super Punch-Out!!

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

Socar

Many claim that Nintendo fanboys are the worst.....well I can definitely say that SEGA fanboys are the worst of them all.

They don't admit that SEGA isn't doing well, they are really dumb to actually think that SEGA is better than Nintendo and they refuse to admit to the flaws that SEGA has at the moment. Like refusing to admit that SEGA has made a ton of crappy games lately.

At this rate, yeah maybe there really is no future for SEGA.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

LzWinky

Haru17 wrote:

The funny thing about this thread is that you can't say anything about games like Minecraft. That's because Minecraft is so big that every conceivable perspective on it is 'popular.'

I have no perspective on Minecraft

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Rumorlife

Haru17 wrote:

Can anyone tell Haru where they went wrong?

Rumorlife

Haru17

Dankykong wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Can anyone tell Haru where they went wrong?

什么?

Zibene999

earthboundlink wrote:

I don't really like any main series Kirby game because they are too easy.
Sakurai's versions of Pit and Palutena are irritating (there's that voice acting again).
I didn't like The World Ends With You. The main character was way too emo for me to relate to him.
I hate voice chat in online games.

What, Kirby Power Paintbrush and Dreamland 3 were too easy? Even 64 wasn't super easy. If you mean too easy "for you" then I can understand. But if you mean in general, I dunno, in my opinion it's just right. To each their own haha. Although Dreamland (original) had bosses that were pretty difficult for the average gamer of today, back then if you compare it to games that came alongside it like Sonic the Hedgehog etc, then yeah they are pretty easy.

To the last two, I totally agree with you.

To the second one..

You don't mean the Japanese voices, do you?
Untitled

Edited on by Zibene999

Zelda series: 9/18 (50%)
Played all FF main games (some more than once! Heh.)
Fan of ZE since the first game's release, summer can't come soon enough!
Favorite Pokemon Gens/Pokemon: 3 & 5, Lumineon
longtime Advance Wars and Animal Crossing fan.

BearHunger

WaveGhoul wrote:

I've seen footage of Magical Quest 2 The Circus Mystery, which definitely has a better mickey sprite, better gameplay, better music and environments that are a lot more interesting.

After playing Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse, I found The Great Circus Mystery bland and average by comparison. Plus it is the least circus-related circus mystery ever, starting with the second level. I played both games on the Genesis.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

LaserdiscGal

TomJ wrote:

I'm beginning to think that Nintendo isn't worth my time in the least.

Then stop going on a Nintendo fan site lol

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

LzWinky

Okay then, elaborate on why Nintendo isn't worth your time.

Whydoievenbother

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@MrMario02

N64 version or PC? PC might be better in the control department (and other areas).

Otherwise, I'm not sure that's an unpopular opinion. 50/50 at best.

The N64 version. Haven't played PC, though I've seen the CG cut-scenes and they are AWFUL.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Shinion

@TomJ: those two reasons? Really? Fair play to you though for your morals, standing up for AngryJoe and his rights, he's going to have a hard Christmas because he can't make money off of playing Nintendo games for 10 minutes. Sarcasm aside in a perfect world we'd love to have more liberties and freedom than we have in this one, but one of those unfortunately isn't being able to make money by posting Mario Kart 8 videos on YouTube. If it affects you THAT much, then you answered your own dilemma, Nintendo aren't worth your time because they're a greedy twee Japanese company that won't allow Youtubers to make money using their products. The rest of us it seems have better/more important things to worry about.

Oh and the Virtual Console. I've spent my fair share of money on it and it's not a great service, far from it, but again really? Your inability to buy the same games again makes Nintendo not worth your time and money? All I can do is admire you for having your very unique and peculiar opinions. You meet all sorts on the Internet it seems.

Shinion

AceDefective

TheLastLugia wrote:

@TomJ: those two reasons? Really? Fair play to you though for your morals, standing up for AngryJoe and his rights, he's going to have a hard Christmas because he can't make money off of playing Nintendo games for 10 minutes. Sarcasm aside in a perfect world we'd love to have more liberties and freedom than we have in this one, but one of those unfortunately isn't being able to make money by posting Mario Kart 8 videos on YouTube. If it affects you THAT much, then you answered your own dilemma, Nintendo aren't worth your time because they're a greedy twee Japanese company that won't allow Youtubers to make money using their products. The rest of us it seems have better/more important things to worry about.

Oh and the Virtual Console. I've spent my fair share of money on it and it's not a great service, far from it, but again really? Your inability to buy the same games again makes Nintendo not worth your time and money? All I can do is admire you for having your very unique and peculiar opinions. You meet all sorts on the Internet it seems.

I doubt anyone expected YouTube to get as big it did, nor did people expect you could eventually make money off video games through YouTube either. As such, a lot of things and rules are still being laid out and figured out, so I'm not too surprised people are upset and confused now that barrier to entry for video creation as gone down dramatically. So many YouTubers probably didn't/still don't know a darn thing about copyright law, so when lawyers finally caught up things were going to get complicated.
No one bothered to think about the legality of Let's plays when they were first created, mostly because they were done for fun at first; now that's coming back to bite everyone in the butt now they've become too big to ignore and money's involved.
Point is, I'm kind of glad Nintendo at least wants to set up a system for these videos to exist rather than not allow them at all. That being said though the system sucks, but some negation is better than none.

On a side note, can people stop acting like snobs towards YouTubers for finding money in a new place?

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Shinion

@AceDefective: well if I came out as snobby it wasn't my intent, I have great admiration for these people and am genuinely on their side in all this and I agree with what you said but I'm just being the realist pointing out things the way I think they obviously are, it doesn't affect my life or the guy who brought this up that Nintendo monetise other people's videos, and people as big as AngryJoe aren't really affected by it one bit, he was probably glad of this kafuffle in the short term at least as it gained some revenue when he brought up the issue all those months ago. Sucks for the smaller guys though, and I genuinely support them but I also think it's ridiculous to consider this of all things to be the straw that broke the camel's back. Aren't we still mad at Ninetndo for amiibo Festival/ Ultra Smash or has our rage moved onto something else while I was away?

Shinion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic