Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 3,721 to 3,740 of 12,088

AceDefective

@TheLastLugia: Oh no no, its fine. I'm just kind of tired of people bashing YTers around here.
That being said I slightly disagree with the AJ should not sweat not getting revenue off one vid. The more I look into it, the more I realize that's YT revenue is actually pretty small in comparison to what we think they are. Depending on a lot of things related to your channel, your cut gets smaller and smaller. So when Nintendo comes a long taking a large cut from the revenue, its gonna hurt. I can understand the rage, that's practically your lifeline. Oh and it may just be a let's play that's relatively low effort claimed first, but then a review could be claimed next which may have taken a lot of time and effort to do. Suddenly I can understand a lot of AJ's resistance to doing Nintendo content ever again. Not that his reaction was smart or necessary, as plenty of YTers have still managed to make Nintendo content just fine, so IDK.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

LzWinky

AceDefective wrote:

@TheLastLugia: Oh no no, its fine. I'm just kind of tired of people bashing YTers around here.
That being said I slightly disagree with the AJ should not sweat not getting revenue off one vid. The more I look into it, the more I realize that's YT revenue is actually pretty small in comparison to what we think they are. Depending on a lot of things related to your channel, your cut gets smaller and smaller. So when Nintendo comes a long taking a large cut from the revenue, its gonna hurt. I can understand the rage, that's practically your lifeline. Oh and it may just be a let's play that's relatively low effort claimed first, but then a review could be claimed next which may have taken a lot of time and effort to do. Suddenly I can understand a lot of AJ's resistance to doing Nintendo content ever again. Not that his reaction was smart or necessary, as plenty of YTers have still managed to make Nintendo content just fine, so IDK.

What p*ssed me off about AJ was how his fans bought him a Wii U and he refuses to do videos for them just because he doesn't agree with Nintendo's monetizing. Then again, I never really liked nor cared for the guy, so I just shrugged it off.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Dave24

LztheQuack wrote:

AceDefective wrote:

What p*ssed me off about AJ was how his fans bought him a Wii U and he refuses to do videos for them just because he doesn't agree with Nintendo's monetizing. Then again, I never really liked nor cared for the guy, so I just shrugged it off.

He's greedy smug (or maybe even greediest thing alive) and shill, so giving Nintendo cut is not an option for him. He also loves all those tools who buy him stuff and can't make their own opinion. And as you can see, there are people who actually see him as guru. I can't stand the guy.

Okay, on topic of unpopular gaming opinions - nobody should care about Kojima going away from Konami other than the parties involved... or rather making such a big deal out if it to the point of unreasonable hate. Don't know full story, so there is no need for FKonami worthless hashtags.

Edited on by Dave24

Dave24

Socar

Youtubers really have no clue just how youtube works. They make money IF they are popular enough to make money. And when you check the point of it, Youtubers make money out of the adds that come in Youtube. So if adds don't show up in youtube, you can't make money out of it.

What does that have to do with copyright? Because people use products that encourages Youtube to give them money for doing that except that the product that they use is a copyrighted product.

Pewdeipie makes more money because Youtube is encouraging him to do as such. The games that he plays aren't even from major third parties....majority of the times, he just sticks with Indie games which need someone like him to make profit.

Why Nintendo is doing this is completely understandable. After all, they don't need Youtubers to advertise the products. The only reason why they force themselves to do it is because they don't want people like us to rage quick that they are against them or something. I mean seriously, What youtuber has worked so hard to recommend a Nintendo game that made that game a million seller?

@Dave24: Except for whatever is the situation that the employees are dealing with currently. Working like slaves, being abused etc. A company should value its employees and not treat them like dirt. That is employees who work extremely hard that make even quality game ports not someone like Square Enix who can't do a proper port of Final Fantasy 6 even.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Dave24

Socar wrote:

@Dave24: Except for whatever is the situation that the employees are dealing with currently. Working like slaves, being abused etc. A company should value its employees and not treat them like dirt. That is employees who work extremely hard that make even quality game ports not someone like Square Enix who can't do a proper port of Final Fantasy 6 even.

And what does that have to do with Kojima? The only "dirt treat" Kojima got, if you can even call it that, would be ban from Game Awards, although it his fault also, because it was him who signed the contract. Other than that, there is no evidence that Kojima was even treated like that.

Dave24

Socar

@Dave24: Oh wow.....so the fact that my hate towards SEGA and me being happy that they are close to bankruptcy has inspired you to defend the Konami's policies. Especially bad ones.

I stated that the people working at SEGA were foolish to work there because they should have checked what SEGA is right now and apparently, they were dumb enough to get to SEGA and yet SEGA's decisions will cost their jobs and blah blah blah.

I don't get why people here especially those in the comment section felt so bad for SEGA when they did so many things wrong that they mocked at me but those same guys are fine with Konami being banished because of some logic that I can't figure out.

Dave24

@Socar: Learn to read. What does your first sentence has to do with Kojima? I'm not defending anything - what Konami does has nothing to do with Kojima, or do you have some proof that he was treated like those people (hint: there are none, because he wasn't)

Dave24

Socar

Here's my unpopular one.

Capcom>SEGA != Nintendo.

LaserdiscGal

Capcom is greater than Sega but both of them together (!) equals Nintendo?

I think you're confused on how math works there chief

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Socar

@Santa: != means not equal to. Atleast that's what it says in programming.

But anyways its true. I mean Capcom is struggling more than SEGA and yet they deliver quality games with the exception of few. Some games do suck from them but compared to SEGA, they don't have a horrible list of games.

But both of them can't be like Nintendo. I mean sure occasionally Nintendo can't make quality games but the thing is, most of that time, it comes from spinoffs and not their actual games.

Edited on by Socar

veeflames

My "not equal" sign looks like this, though:
=/=

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

jump

Sega makes better pachinko machines than Nintendo therefore SEGA>Nintendo.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

LaserdiscGal

SuperWiiU wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

My "not equal" sign looks like this, though:
=/=

Mine looks like this: ≠

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Whydoievenbother

Socar wrote:

@Santa: != means not equal to. Atleast that's what it says in programming.

But anyways its true. I mean Capcom is struggling more than SEGA and yet they deliver quality games with the exception of few. Some games do suck from them but compared to SEGA, they don't have a horrible list of games.

But both of them can't be like Nintendo. I mean sure occasionally Nintendo can't make quality games but the thing is, most of that time, it comes from spinoffs and not their actual games.

Sega only made:
Sonic Generations
Vanquish
Valkyria Chronicles
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
Those Sega Genesis 3D Remakes
OutRun Online Arcade
And that's just the new stuff.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Socar

@arronishere: Nintendo doesn't even make Pachinko machines...how can you state something like that to even begin with?

Seriously, why oh why people like you are adoring SEGA when you deserve better from them?

LzWinky

Socar wrote:

@arronishere: Nintendo doesn't even make Pachinko machines...how can you state something like that to even begin with?

Seriously, why oh why people like you are adoring SEGA when you deserve better from them?

First of all, it was obviously a joke. Second, no one has to agree with your rhetoric. For example, I couldn't care less about Sega in any way.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

NintendoFan64

@Socar 1. I believe @arronishere was joking with that comment.
2. Hey, man! People are allowed to like something! Nobody's questioning the fact that you treat Nintendo like they're perfect and can do no wrong and deserve zero criticism!

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Dave24

New Nintendo 3DS is one of the worst, if not the worst, "upgrade" of the console ever made. And probably most useless, because there are really not that many games that were even worth the upgrade. And I thought Wii mini was bad.

Dave24

SuperWiiU

Dave24 wrote:

New Nintendo 3DS is one of the worst, if not the worst, "upgrade" of the console ever made. And probably most useless, because there are really not that many games that were even worth the upgrade. And I thought Wii mini was bad.

Does the Wii Mini have an improved processor? Because I only remember it was lacking things I expected from a Wii console. The New 3DS is a decent update and I'm happy I got it instead of a regular 3DS.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic