Forums

Topic: Thread of totally awesome Netflix Instant recommendations

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,039

Nimkip

@RR529 Nah I still watch Netflix, but lately I've been watching Twitch

"I'm going to find and I'm going to kill every last one of them."~Ellie (THE LAST OF US PART II)

''This isn't real enough for you Billy? I'm not real enough for you? It was real enough for Georgie laughs.'' ~Pennywise (IT)

My DeviantArt profile: http://pikmin22.deviantart.com

Nintendo Network ID: barnowls

RR529

@Tasuki, that's understandable (I'd be doing the same if I had anything new to play, lol).

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Tasuki

@RR529 Lol not so much new to play but going through my backlog, and with 8 consoles, it is quite a backlog. That and with Hulu I watch all the show like Supergirl, Arrow the day after they air so by the time Netflix get them I am already all caught up.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RevolverLink

I'm normally avoid reality television like the plague, but I adore The Great British Baking Show (called The Great British Bake Off in the UK). It's just so darn pleasant, and it makes for a nice pick-me-up when I'm having a rough day.

It's just a shame that Netflix only has one season.

Avatar - Mumen Rider (One Punch Man)
Currently Playing - Final Fantasy IX
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

RR529

Finished up season 1 of Supergirl today.

It had it's issues (mostly the inconsistencies in her strength, which mostly seemed nerfed for someone in the "Super" family line of heroes), but overall it was still a pretty fun superhero show. That crossover with the Flash was especially awesome.

For my next show, I think I'll hold off until Marvel's Luke Cage (Netflix original) premiers on the 30th.

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

RR529

Luke Cage is available!

I watched one episode last night (usually they don't update shortly after midnight, so it was an awesome suprise that they had it).

I'm already hooked, and can't wait to watch a few more episodes tonight.

bezerker99

I had to deactivate my Netflix because of some financial hardships atm. However, i wont have it deactivated forever.

Can anyone tell me if they've added Better Call Saul season 2 yet? As soon as that's on there I will probably reactivate my account. Thanks in advance!

Edited on by bezerker99

Kapp'n doesn't give a squid
My name in a video game
My name in a video game thread

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter:

Nimkip

@bezerker99 I'm on the Canadian Netflix but I checked and it's not there Also that reminds me that I still need to finish Breaking Bad lol

"I'm going to find and I'm going to kill every last one of them."~Ellie (THE LAST OF US PART II)

''This isn't real enough for you Billy? I'm not real enough for you? It was real enough for Georgie laughs.'' ~Pennywise (IT)

My DeviantArt profile: http://pikmin22.deviantart.com

Nintendo Network ID: barnowls

RR529

So, now I've watched through the first 6 episodes of Marvel's Luke Cage, lol. Don't think I'll get the chance to watch another episode until Sunday, though.

Like the other Netflix Marvel series, it's dark, but has it's own unique vibe, and I have to say I I'm really enjoying the way he just absolutely busts everything up. I also really like how it's tying itself together with the rest of the MCU, especially with the other Netflix series. Most notably the introduction of Hammer tech, particularly news of a new bullet developed with alien technology that might be able to hurt Luke, as well as the appearance of Claire more recently. She's the nurse who often finds herself intertwined with Daredevil's escapades, and even briefly helped out during Jessica Jones. Here she actually describes in detail the Hand's attack on the hospital in Daredevil S2, though not to Luke, and says she wants to help people with abilities. There was also a segment of Trish Talk, the radio show by Jessica Jones' adoptive sister, at the start of episode 6, and the regular references to the events of the Avengers, which seem to have been more common in this show.

Haru17

Luke Cage has the worst pilot of perhaps any show I've seen on Netflix—the title guy is barely in the first episode, which just assumes you've watched Jessica Jones (to be fair, you should have)—but gets really good as episode 2 concludes, and going forward from there.

I feel like it front-loads a lot of the Black culture to an almost cartoonish extent (I mean, really? A barber shop?), but the characters also have some interesting exchanges about political issues that affect Harlem. Not terribly deep, but they're trying at least.

Edited on by Haru17

Capcom Nintendo Life Community Manager

Contents are ???% sarcastic in nature.

RR529

Finished up Marvel's Luke Cage (Netflix Original) today!

A very solid show. After Daredevil & Jessica Jones the concept of a dark & edgy MCU show isn't as novel as it was the first couple times, but it's roots in black culture gave it a unique vibe that nothing else in the MCU has, which helped it stand out, IMO. While still very alternative to the general MCU fare, Luke's exploits were the most "super" yet (in comparison to the other Netflix shows) which I personally liked, and I liked how it really ramped up the connections to the other Netflix series & general MCU as well. I also really liked the villain this time around. He wasn't as vile as the villain in Marvel's Jessica Jones, but he was still a bit unpredictable/unhinged, and gave the best climactic final battle of any of the Netflix MCU villains.

In other news, the Flash season 2 is available today (which I'll be starting tonight, and Arrow season 4 tomorrow), and it looks like Fuller House is getting it's second season much earlier than anticipated, early December (I think the 9th).

Tasuki

Been binge on Luke Cage today and I have to say I am enjoying it alot. I especially like the 70's black action flick vibe the show has especially with the score. I loved the little instrumental bit they had right before the villain fired the rocket launcher and blew up Luke's home especially.

My Backlog

RR529

Started up season 1 of DC's Legends of Tomorrow today since it was added. I'm going to hold off on Arrow & the Flash until I have this caught up with them (I've watched through the first 12 episodes of their newest seasons on Netflix, and LoT spun off from them after their first 8 episodes, so I have to watch 5 episodes of this before all three are in tandem).

Looks like it's going to be fun, too. It has a unique feel to it in comparison to the other two shows, and the inclusion of Captain Cold & his partner is brilliant.

RR529

Finished up last year's seasons of the "Arrowverse" shows (suprised I got through them all within the month, lol).

Arrow season 4 - I actually liked this more than season 3 (an unpopular opinion, I know). While I wasn't sure on the villain at first, the magical element grew on me, giving the show something a little more to stand out against it's peers (though it's still the weakest of the bunch). I also liked the return of the island in the flashbacks. I was excited for last season's flashback location at first, but it ended up never really grabbing me.

the Flash season 2 - I felt like season 1 was the perfect example of what I want to see from a superhero show, and season 2 continues that tradition! It has the action & drama, but still remembers to be fun & exciting (really the closest thing to the vibe of Marvel's films, that I've seen a superhero show get to). It's also one of the only shows on TV that legitimately tugs on my heart strings, especially when Barry's mom is the subject.

DC's Legends of Tomorrow season 1 - Take some notable heroes & villains from the last 2 shows, mix them up with some Star Trek & Back to the Future, and this is what you get. It takes a wholly different approach than it's peers, and it pays off. I loved the time jumping antics of the crew, which at points sometimes felt like a little Avengers TV show.

RR529

@Tasuki, I contemplated that, but I think I'll just wait until Netflix gets them next year.

While I do like them, after dedicating the last month and a half to those 3, and Supergirl & Luke Cage before, I'm a bit superheroed out at the moment, lol.

TheLZdragon

Mystery Science Theater 3000 is returning on Netflix. I'm excited.

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tasuki

RR529 wrote:

@Tasuki, I contemplated that, but I think I'll just wait until Netflix gets them next year.

While I do like them, after dedicating the last month and a half to those 3, and Supergirl & Luke Cage before, I'm a bit superheroed out at the moment, lol.

Just to warn you though,.the might get pulled from Netflix. Hulu use to have them all but since the CW app was able to be on more devices they have since been removed from Hulu. Not sure if or when they will get pulled from Netflix but I wouldn't be surprised.

My Backlog

RR529

Whew, there aren't ANY movies (or TV shows) in the first of the month acquisition wave I'm interested in this month. MAYBE the Wiz (for curiosity's sake as I haven't seen it) or Hero (though I burnt myself out on Hong Kong martial arts flicks a long time ago), but that's it.

Luckily, I still have enough films yet to be watched in my queue to cover me for the month (and I suppose they may get something in the middle of the month I'd like. I think they're getting the new Jungle Book later on in the month).

Anyhow, I've been watching a live action Japanese romantic comedy-drama called Mischievous Kiss: Love in Tokyo: Volume 1 since I liked Good Morning Call so much. I don't like it quite as much as GMC (though that may just be because that one was my first experience with the genré), but I am liking it a bit more as it goes on (I've watched 11 episodes so far). The male lead was a bit of a jerk for the first 5 or 6 episodes (they're going for the whole, "he's really a nice guy, just has a hard time showing it" thing, they just didn't execute it well, IMO), but now that he's starting to open up more, it's getting more enjoyable.

RR529

Anyhow, I finished up Mischevious Kiss: Love in Tokyo: Volume 1 up today.

It was a silly Japanese romantic drama-comedy, and while I didn't think it was as good as Good Morning Call, I still ended up quite enjoying it, in a silly campy sort of way (worth a watch if you like Japanese television or feel good, silly, campy TV in general).

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic