Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Farewell

Posts 2,161 to 2,180 of 2,988

ThePirateCaptain

Rest assured, we will be doing both a Best Final Boss and a Best Credits Themed Tournament, just at a later date. Between Best Winter Theme and Best Hub World theme, I'd like to do one on this thread and one over on the Special Tournament thread, so if we could decide which one you all want here by this Friday, that would be great.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Nemaides

What is exactly a Hub World? Never heard it before =/

Nemaides

3DS Friend Code: 5043-1150-3708 | Nintendo Network ID: Nemaides

ThePirateCaptain

@Nemaides
A good example of a Hub World is Peach's Castle from Super Mario 64. It's basically a mini world serves as your home base and allows you to access the game's other levels. Hyrule Field from Ocarina of Time or Guntilda's Lair from Banjo Kazooie are some other examples that come to my mind.

@GamecubeMan
I think within reason yes, you could also do World Maps.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

Nemaides

Thanks Cap'n.

Nemaides

3DS Friend Code: 5043-1150-3708 | Nintendo Network ID: Nemaides

ClockworkMario

I'd like to see hub world (/world map?) tournament on here.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

SheldonRandoms

Winter theme sound good, since it's winter time right now, and the snowmen are coming to life while they are wearing magical top hats for some reason............

Another random suggestion, how about unused music tournament?

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

ClockworkMario

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Another random suggestion, how about unused music tournament?

A great idea, but it suits the Special Tournament better since it's kinda niché.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

Geonjaha
  • Winter/Ice world/level music would be seasonal.
  • Best Overworld theme would also be good. (Not hub specifically, that's just too limiting)
  • Best music in a game not published or developed by Nintendo, so something other than SMG or Xenoblade has a chance to win, and people are forced to actually be reasonable since they've probably never played most of the games. -.- (Please this one :3)

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

ThePirateCaptain

Alright guys, here's what's up. I've decided that we'll be doing a Best Hub World / Best World Map Theme Tournament next. I know quite a few people wanted a Best Winter Theme tournament, but don't fret, that will happen as well over on the Special Tournament Thread. Nominations for both tournaments will open this Friday as the Castlevania tournament finishes up.

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

Nominations for the Best Hub World / World Map Theme are now open! Up to four songs each to start off, so have at it. Just a couple notes though, please post links to the songs rather than embedding them. If you don't know how, just ask and either myself or someone else will help you out.

Also, if you wish to participate in the Best Winter Theme tournament, hop over to the Special Tournament thread through the link provided below. Nominations have just started over there as well.
Best Winter Theme Tournament

ThePirateCaptain

GamecubeMan

~My Nominations
Super Mario Sunshine Delfino Plaza
Sonic Adventure Station Square
Super Mario Bros. 3 World Map 1
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - The Great Sea
EDIT: Oh dear Super Mario 64 was already nominated! (of course) Whatever, I will go with Sonic Adventure for my final nomination.

Edited on by GamecubeMan

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.