General Discussion Forum

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Showing 661 to 680 of 1,576

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

661. Posted:

I got MMIV for 8 bucks :- P but I'm a lucky second-hand purchaser. Check out some youtube videos, see if it's a game you may be interested in. You should also check out MMII and see how different it is from the other games, like entering gates and the invincibility mechanics when you get hit. It's pretty funny.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

662. Posted:

MMV is usually rocking at over $50 on eBay....It's somewhat tempting still, since we wont see MMV on the 3DS's VC for quite a damn while. Capcom will space this one out until the end of time, or the end of the 3DS's life span...

I'll be skipping I-IV.....Although i have a feeling I'll be getting MMI for Nostalgia's Sake. :p
Also, i was playing around with MM10 earlier.....And it just remindes me everytime why i cant stand the bloody game. It's definitly got some clever, tight and polished level design. Infact it's some of the best the series has ever seen, not artisticly or creativty-wise from a visual stand point, but straight up design wise. Strike and Sheep man were very very well designed stages....But the mood, vibe and atmosphere during the entire experience is just gloomy, depressing, uncolorful, drab, not up beat and lifeless with one weak sound track on top of it all....Aside from Solar man's brilliant 'Heat Man on heavy metal crack' mega rockin' track. B-)

Yet as un Mega Man-ish as MM5 felt, and while being bland at the same time it at least put me in a good mood because of it's colorful, bright and vivd stages...But the downside was that it was all too easy and there weren't any real genious level, or platforming design that made you work....MM5 in that regard, felt bland with how it was constructed, there weren't any real moments where you had to be incredibly precise with your jumps or timing...And even so, it was all a big piece of cake.

Also, MM10's Boss tune imo is the worst in MM history...Yet it does sound fitting for a Robot Master that's struck with a virus, it comes off kinda sad actually. :p But honestly, i think it's safe to say that MM10 is my least favorite of the 8-bit Classic MM franchise. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth everytime i play it...And I don't really care for 4 and 5 either.

2 and 9 are phenomenal, 3 as pretty good yet iffy in spots, while 1 was the first and it just has this certain charm about it. I love that classic RM selection screen along with it's music. Bomb man's track is brilliant and I freakin' love Ice man's quirky design hehe. AND i find that MM1 had the best Wily stages aside from MM9 for some odd reason.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

663. Posted:

I've lost so much respect for Capcom in this year alone and this isn't helping their case at all.

Untitled

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

664. Posted:

I think Capcom needs to stop using Twitter for a while.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

665. Posted:

Handing over Devil May Cry and the next Resident Evil to American developers was the worst thing they've done yet. While churning out lazy inferior ports of SSFIV and a glorifed RE: Mercanaries mode for the 3DS. Now the cancelation Of MM Legends 3 is the whacktastic bogus icing on the cake.

But their childish antics on Twitter is even more funked up.lol

I'm just waiting for the stupid announcement for Mondo Ultra Super Street Fighter IV release...Good lord bud! It'll happen, you'll see! :p
And the last thing I want is another mindless Dead Rising, or a Lost Planet 3.

Give us Zack & Wiki 2, A Power Stone 3 and a Mega Man 11 ESPECIALLY. The only good thing they have coming out is RE: Revelations.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

666. Posted:

@Waveboy

Not to mention their lack of plans to release any more Phoenix Wright games to the United States (which is the most upsetting to me) and the permanent save files on Mercenaries 3D. I just don't know what's been up with Capcom lately.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

667. Posted:

Nintendo never messes up any of their main franchises, yet Capcom seems to get a lot of criticism. There has to be over 40 games in the Mega Man series, I don't see why this particular game was canned, considering how many people wanted the game. Capcom seems to think we all have enough spare time to sit in the Dev Room and design the game for them. I still haven't heard a detailed reason as to why they cancelled the game. The latest NL post had some info, but Capcom seems to be holding back.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Dezner

668. Posted:

Mega Man! Fight for everlasting peace! :o

Everyone keep their faith in the Blue Bomber! Foreverrrrrrr! :D

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

669. Posted:

Hey now, lucky for me i still have yet to experience Mega Man 6, and MM7 hehe. :p
Plus, I've got Zero 2, 3 and 4 to play as well, and then there's X2 and X3 which hopefully will be hitting the VC soon....But at the same time, I'm just not a big fan of the X series, next time i seriously need to skip the 'armor' upgrade, made my latest play through on the VC way too easy aside from the Final battle against Sigma.

Anyways.....Mega Man 11(especially) & Mega Man X9 need to happen ondalay!
I'd also love to see a new first or 3rd person-like MM title with Wii pointer controls set in the classic MM universe. Imagine playing through a 3rd or first person view of Bubble Man's Stage with those epic aquatic beats. :D

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

670. Posted:

I brought up a FPS Mega Man a few weeks ago, so I'm that @Tasuki and I aren't the only people who think that would be cool.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

671. Posted:

Isn't there a Doom or Quake mod that features Mega Man?

EDIT: Yup

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

sykotek

672. Posted:

@Mickeymac:

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

kevohki

673. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Handing over Devil May Cry and the next Resident Evil to American developers was the worst thing they've done yet.

Give us Zack & Wiki 2, A Power Stone 3 and a Mega Man 11 ESPECIALLY. The only good thing they have coming out is RE: Revelations.

I'm not a fan of the new DMC from what I've seen so far of it (especially the look and "techno-ish" music in the trailers) but I will reserve judgment as of now because Ninja Theory actually proved they can make a good, unique action game (Enslaved). Giving DMC and Resident Evil to Western developers is probably the only thing Capcom could have done. All the talent that made those series great is long gone, which is why DMC4 was mediocre and the Resident Evil series devolved into a craptacular mess. The way that series is going I don't know what to think about Revelations yet. Pissing off their fans isn't helping Capcom either.

I agree that we definitely need a new Power Stone, Zack and Wiki, Darkstalkers, and I'd personally take a retro Mega Man X9. I would most want a Viewtiful Joe 3 but that game is deader than Mega Man Legends 3.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

674. Posted:

kevohki wrote:

All the talent that made those series great is long gone, which is why DMC4 was mediocre and the Resident Evil series devolved into a craptacular mess.

The hell are you talkin' 'bout? Devil May Cry 4 is up there with the first game, and Resident Evil 5 wasn't that bad.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

675. Posted:

@Mickeymac - That's pretty cool, even if it gave me a headache...

What I had in mind was more of a modern FPS with all of the bells and whistles that today's games have, like what Metroid Prime did.

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

676. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

kevohki wrote:

All the talent that made those series great is long gone, which is why DMC4 was mediocre and the Resident Evil series devolved into a craptacular mess.

The hell are you talkin' 'bout? Devil May Cry 4 is up there with the first game, and Resident Evil 5 wasn't that bad.

I'm no fan of Devil May Cry, but i think it's safe to say 2 is the dud of the franchise. as for RE5, i agree it wasn't that bad at all and in ways i did prefer it over RE4....Sort of, but it was still super dissapointing and ho hum at the same time. If you had the PS3 version that you had it worse as far as the graphics were concerned, like 'many' multiconsole games between the pS3 and 360, the PS3 usually gets super soft graphics and weaker contrast, like in RE5's case. I wish i would of gotten the 360 version, because it looked crystal clear and the contrast looked wonderful. The PS3 version looks unimpressive graphically....RE4 looks far more sharp/clear for my Wii than RE5 does on the PS3.lol Ghostbusters was another that suffered the same fate.

IGN did that massive RE5 PS3 vs 360 article as well, and they explained the whoe crappy ordeal. It's one of the giant reasons why i hate most multiconsole PS3 games. Even Super Street Fighter kind of has the same problm as well. It's like taking RE4 on the Wii, giving it this 'soft' filter and giving it washed out looking less sculpted contrast. The end result is unplesent.

However, there are exceptions, Dead Space looks perfect on the PS3, yippie!

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

677. Posted:

StuffyStuff wrote:

@Mickeymac - That's pretty cool, even if it gave me a headache...

What I had in mind was more of a modern FPS with all of the bells and whistles that today's games have, like what Metroid Prime did.

lol those 8-bit FPS MM videos looked totaly mindless gameplay wise, not what I imagined at all.

AuthorMessage

StuffyStuff

678. Posted:

I'm never one to trust generic clothing, especially if the price is steep, but if these are of any quality, I think these shirts are pretty cool. http://cgi.ebay.com/Airman-Robot-Megaman-Video-Game-T-Shirt-/...

StuffyStuff

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

679. Posted:

I FINALLY beat MegamanZero 2 for the second time 2 days ago. I forgot how much I absolutely love the Zero series. Man it was hard though. I can't understand at all how I beat it when I was a little 9 year old kid....I must have spammed cyber-elfs like crazy. It's the only explanation. I have to admit though: I beat the final boss by increasing my vitality with cyber elfs. Just 2...
The final level in 2 was so annoying. The first half was fine, but once you beat the 6 bosses the level after that is awful. It's just an average field COVERED in spikes. Really uncreative I have to admit. There's plenty of levels in Megaman in general with a lot of spikes so normally I wouldn't complain, but it was a bit ridiculous here.
Overall though I can over look that and say Zero2 is probably my favorite in the series. I still have to finish 3 and 4 though so that may change. I'm on MegamanZero 3 right now.
There's a lot of bosses. :O I think I've already faced like 8 and there's still more. So far it's really fun. The music isn't nearly as good as it was in 2 but it's still nice. There's a nice new gimmick to levels in the game and I like it. The Cyberspace portions of the levels are cool for speed runs and stuff, but they make the stages so fugly. I usually try to skip them to keep everything nice and colorful. There's also a great quote Zero says after a certain level. Priceless.
I got the Megaman Zero collection so I'm going to play for right after I beat 3. Can't wait to finish up the story. The ames are al so fun. Challenging, tight controls, nice music, Zero, and a continuing story.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Geison

680. Posted:

In the game megaman x6 emtermos angered the boss of difficult...
please use English when posting at Nintendo Life, thank you — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Geison