Forums

Topic: The Game Awards 2020

Posts 141 to 156 of 156

Dezzy

@Snatcher

I almost never play it. Like once a year if I have friends round and that's pretty much it.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Snatcher

@SM3DASislit SHOOT I forgot about disney welp I should go over there to see what they reaveald.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MPSSislit

@Snatcher
They announced a TON of Marvel and Star Wars TV shows. 😆
Also, the whole thing is like 4 hours long, just an FYI.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Snatcher

@SM3DASislit OH I may have to look up what they announced I need a break after the GA.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

AnnoyingFrenzy

I don't want to read the whole thread, could someone just shoot me a quick highlight real of the interesting stuff? I only know about Sephiroth.

Xbox Live Username: Annoying Frenzy
Switch Status: Purchased!

Dezzy

@AnnoyingFrenzy

Well since you have the Rare Replay as your avatar, the new Perfect Dark on the Xbox, perhaps?

AnnoyingFrenzy

@Dezzy Wait what?! Really? Is it being handled by Rare? Man, I hope it's at least better than Zero.

AnnoyingFrenzy

@Dezzy Just watched the trailer. Not a lot there, but it looks like they kept Joanna as a redhead, that's cool. Also looks like it's being developed by a new studio. That's fine, it's not the studio that makes the game that matters it's how they make it. My biggest worry right now though is that it will drown in a sea of mature FPS games, hope they do something to make it stick out a little. Other than that, I am relatively hype. Perfect Dark wasn't my favorite Rare classic by any means, but I did like it and am happy to see it finally return, hopefully good this time.

Edited on by AnnoyingFrenzy

BruceCM

A tease for Dragon Age 4, a new Mass Effect announced .... Some release dates for previously revealed games, gameplay trailers for them where they'd only had cinematics Depending how well you keep up with all that stuff, a lot of it might be 'new' to you, as well!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

EngineerMario

It was the sony awards not the game awards

EngineerMario

RR529

I think the big problem with TGA (and why so many are dissatisfied with it in general), is because it wants to have it's cake & eat it too (it purports that games are art, but also sport, and also a "gamer" hype event). There are a couple ways of fixing this I feel.

First, go all in at being a "player's voice" event (everything is fully determined by public vote, so the popular games win & the masses are generally happy). All the eSports stuff & game reveals would easily fit here as well, as it goes well with tying into the overall player hype theme.

Or, take the "games as art" ethos more seriously (do away with all public influence, eSports catering, & most, if not all, game reveals) & have the vote entirely determined by the journalists (or better yet, drop the journalists too & like the Oscars, have the vote for each category determined by only those who work in that field) that way we at least know that, despite whatever bias'/agenda some may/will have, we can at least be assured that the vote is being carried out by only those with a studied academic/technical knowledge as to why a certain aspect of a game is so good or stand out, regardless of public opinion or popularity. The musical performances would still fit here as well (as long as it's not just random popular bands), such as the Mario 35th medley, tLoUP2 performance, or the heavy metal Doom performance they had awhile ago, as they'd be nice celebrations of iconic frances or nods to games nominated for the awards themselves.

I'd personally prefer the latter approach myself. I understand that eSports is big business these days (even if I have no interest), so it should still get some sort of representation, but as that ethos is so far removed from the "games are art" movement, I think it'd be better served to have a completely separate event to cater to that crowd (like the Espy's for sports).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

link3710

@RR529 Honestly, I think it's fine so long as they limit the player's voice and esports stuff to the preshow, which they did this year. I don't think anything during the actual show was about esports or public voting. So it's not y'know, part of the actual awards. But... yeah, they need to switch to having a voting committed of people in the field, not journalists.

link3710

MPSSislit

RR529 wrote:

@SM3DASislit, in regards to Fortnite/Smash.

• Kratos (from PS exclusive God of War) was offered as a skin in Fortnite (on all consoles), so it's assumed that both Nintendo & Microsoft will also each include one of their characters in the game (plus, Kratos' availability ended earlier today, meaning that it's likely that the next crossover skin may be announced tonight at TGA if the rumor pans out).
  • Samus (from Metroid) is the rumored Nintendo rep as the current Fortnite theme is about "Hunters" (Samus is a bounty hunter, and in relation to TGA, which is a western centric event, Metroid content would play well to the audience).
  • Including Fortnite in Smash would be a lucrative cross promotional move to go along with the former rumor.

@RR529
Okay, that makes sense. That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure if there was another reason as to why people were thinking that.

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Dezzy

BruceCM wrote:

A tease for Dragon Age 4, a new Mass Effect announced ....

Yeah those were 2 of the other interesting things.

They looked decent enough from what we saw, but I don't have very high hopes from modern Bioware. Especially given that Dragon Age was apparently started like 5 years ago, and then they changed it and started again half way through, which is probably why we still haven't seen gameplay!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic