Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 7,641 to 7,660 of 96,243

Jazzer94

ShadowFox254 wrote:

I can't wait for EVO 2014. I really want to enter it.

EVO is one reason why I wish I still lived in the US.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

sugarpixel

@Jazzer94 well I guess it's my turn to have weird movie preferences, my top five of the MARVEL movies is:

1. Iron Man 2
2. The Incredible Hulk
3. Iron Man 3
4. Thor: The Dark World
5. The Avengers

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Jazzer94

@Gioku Keep in mind my list changes but I'd rank them:
1. Iron Man
2. X-Men
3. Iron Man 3
4. Marvel's The Avengers
5. Thor

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Jazzer94

Gioku wrote:

@Jazzer94 the X-Men movies were good too; except for when they basically killed everyone off at the end of the last one! XD

I absolutely hate The Last Stand and Origins that is the thing with marvel studios sequels they're really hit and miss for me.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

shingi_70

My Top Five MCUl films are

1. Captain America The first Avenger
2. Avengers
3. Iron Man
4. Agent Carter (do One-shots count?)
5. The Incredible Hulk

My top five non MCU Marvel films is probably

1.Spider-man 2
2. X-2
3. X-men First Class
4. Spider-man
5. Blade

I think the Xmen movies were great but were definalty products of their time and don't really hold up that well. Still interested in DOTFP.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

sugarpixel

Any of you guys read MARVEL comics from the 60's-70's? My dad's goal is to read every single Marvel Comic from that era! I've read a ton of Spider Man, Iron-Man, Thor, X-Men, Doctor Strange, Hulk, Fantastic Four and Avengers myself!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Jazzer94

WaveBoy wrote:

Gioku wrote:

Hmm... I've never watched the Dark Knight...

Now THAT is bizare.
You missed out on another pretencious Batman in Chicago, with DC elements thrown in for good measure

^Ignore this comment and watch it in my top 3 Super hero movies.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Tasuki

I have to agree with @Waveboy that out of the Sam Raimi Spiderman Trilogy 2 was the best. I was never a big fan of Doc Ock but at the end with his sacrifice oh man even got me a little teary eye. That one made you feel about the characters not to many of the super hero flicks do that this day. I will say that Marvel is better at doing that then DC right now though. Especially with movies like Captain America. I like like the Nolan Batman trilogy for good action movie but honestly I dont really feel for the characters.

As for best superhero movie for me that would have to be the Richard Donner Superman. Still one of my favorite super hero flicks to this day and I will say that I enjoyed it more then Man of Steel. I wont say Man of Steel was worst or better then the Richard Donner Superman it just was another take on it.

of course how could you not have Kneel Before Zod? That was a major disappointment

As for favorite Marvel movies they would go like this for me

Captain America
Spiderman 2
Thor
Incredible Hulk
Xmen

And I will stop at 5.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shingi_70

First Class is really good movie and should have been the starting point for a reboot instead of this weird mishmash timeline we have now.

I don't mind the X-men costumes but I did think that Morrison and Quietly's run has a better take on the costumes.
Untitled

Wolverine is the only one I buy in leather since his costume would probably look really stupid in real life.

If you want a super fun time go watch Captain America. Film is way underrated.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

WaveBoy wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Gioku wrote:

Hmm... I've never watched the Dark Knight...

Now THAT is bizare.
You missed out on another pretentous Batman in Chicago, with DC elements thrown in for good measure

^Ignore this comment and watch it in my top 3 Super hero movies.

It's one of the best super hero movies for sure, I just prefer Tim Burtorn's world that he created for batman.

Good thing there's a happy medium for you both.
Untitled

WAT!

Electricmastro

GOLEM, USE POOP ATTACK!

Untitled

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Tasuki

@Waveboy: Thor 2 was good IMO. It felt a bit more like a fantasy movie then the first one but I enjoyed that. As for Amazing Spiderman I haven't seen it and probably wont. For one thing I though it was stupid of them to reboot the whole series so soon after the Sam Raimi series, Second I didn't like the whole dark emo feeling that this actor seemed to bring to the Peter Parker character. Third with Jaime Foxx in the next one that pretty much killed the series for me. If I want a Spiderman flick I will stick with the first two Raimi films.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Jazzer94

@shingi_70 Batman: The Animated Series was awesome used to watch the re-runs after school everyday.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

GuSolarFlare

what do you guys think of my new Avatar?
<<<<<<<<<<

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

shingi_70

Eh Man of Steel is still my favorite hero flick of the last year. It was a different take on superman, and I read enough comics for the traditional take on the character. I'm doing a commentary on this weekend for my friend's podcast.

WAT!

sugarpixel

Gioku wrote:

Any of you guys read MARVEL comics from the 60's-70's? My dad's goal is to read every single Marvel Comic from that era! I've read a ton of Spider Man, Iron-Man, Thor, X-Men, Doctor Strange, Hulk, Fantastic Four and Avengers myself!

I guess nobody else here reads old comics...

Metroidlink

I just told my friend that I am a nintendo fan ...
I am pretty excited about how this will turn out, since my school (and town) is pretty judging!
They are kind of like EA and thinks Nintendo is for kids

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic