Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,281 to 36,300 of 36,474

HobbitGamer

NintendoByNature wrote:

@bimmy-lee make sure all it's friends see as a warning.

And if they get any ideas or sway at you sideways, salt the earth.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

In Walter Sobchak’s voice: Here you go trees, you see what happens? See what happens trees? SEE what happens?!? THIS is what happens when you poke a stranger in the eye! This is what happens trees! See what happens trees?!? This. This is what happens trees when you poke a stranger in the eye.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

SheldonRandoms

MrManBummer0 wrote:

I want the cheese

Untitled

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants and Ristar!

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Also created Sheldon & Mr. Randoms on flipnote hatena, it was a series which I MADE!

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

BlueBlur101

My new PS Vita charger just shipped

Attempting to recusitate the little boy so I can play through all the mainline Persona games in preparation for Royal's western launch in early 2020

This'll also be the first time I play P3P since I got the game along with my PSP 3000 as a birthday gift in 2010
Memories (of You) are about to flood in

BlueBlur101

Switch Friend Code: SW-7235-4572-5129 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Heavyarms55

One of the most perfect examples of my point when I complain about sports being put on a ridiculously high pedestal: BBC news' puts up a so-called top story about how a World Cup rugby game is going to have to be rescheduled because a massive typhoon is going to hit Japan. Who cares that a potentially life threatening major storm is gonna slam into the country, we gotta complain that our precious sports have to be rescheduled!

Any respect I had left for the BBC just died. The fact that Japan is going to get hit wasn't even in the title. It's why I even clicked it, I thought "Why would an England-France game be affected by the typhoon, is the UK getting hit by a hurricane?" - I didn't even realize the world cup was in Japan this year.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me
Edelgard profile pic credit to the amazing: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

NotTelevision

@Heavyarms55 Yeah that’s bad. Japan getting hit with the typhoon should have been the headline. I would bet that a lot of the rugby fanbase, who the article is addressing, doesn’t care about a far away country’s natural disaster. Still it’s a not a good look for a big media outlet like BBC to write an article in this way.

NotTelevision

Heavyarms55

@NotTelevision It's not surprising though. As much as I get bitter about sports being worshiped(and I could write a thesis on my issues with that side point), the attitude is not limited to sports fans. I remember when Japan was ravaged by that horrible earthquake and tsunami back in 2011. I was still in the US and still spent too much time on social media and a lot of people were more upset about missing their weekly anime than the catastrophe that has just occurred. But there should be more maturity from a news article written by so-called professionals than teenagers complaining on Facebook.

Sad truth is, a lot of people really only care when something directly affects them and don't mind complaining about their own minor inconvenience even when that same issue is a literal disaster for someone else.

With any luck the typhoon will lose enough power before landfall that it'll just be heavy rain and some wind. Forecast for my area seems to be that, about 70-125mm of rain and 40-65km/h winds. Tokyo's forecast looks worse and I guess that's where the game was going to be.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Feel free to add me

NotTelevision

@Heavyarms55 Yeah it’s so immature to feel that way. After Katrina I remember us just being grateful for having a home and eating a meal that wasn’t a MRE. Can’t imagine how horrible it must have been for those effected by the 2011 earthquake.

That’s a good point you bring up about holding news outlets to a higher standard. I think everyone should continue to do so. It’s good to see people expressing a bit of outrage, when media organizations post ignorant or clickbaity articles. At the same time, I also think more people should praise them when they get it right and put up interesting investigative reports and think pieces. So it goes both ways for me. I’m overall pretty cautious of the side slamming the media every chance they get, because the end result is not taking facts seriously and falling for the cynicism and moral relativism of the Twitter brigade.

Hope the storm gets weaker by the time it reaches the coast. Tropical winds and flooding are nothing to take lightly.

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

Heavyarms55

@NotTelevision Katrina was a nightmare in reality. As was the 2011 earthquake and tsunami. When mother nature wants to, she can make it very very clear that there is nothing we can do to stop her. I thank God that I've never personally been caught in a disaster like those...

Feel free to add me

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yeah it sure is. That's also the reason why I'm still on the fence about it, because I'd LOVE to save on the monthly cost for lenses and lens fluids, but my eyesight isn't that bad (minus 2,5 in both eyes), that I would absolutely NEED such an operation, so I guess I'll just wait until I get even more near-sighted before I allow myself to undergo that procedure...

@Heavyarms55 No offense, but although I do largely agree with you, your comment did immediately made me wonder if you were also angry at Nintendo or Nintendo fans, about the Nintendo 'Live 2019' gaming expo almost being rescheduled, also due to typhoon safety concerns.

Personally, I just look at these things as simple logistical facts: OF COURSE they'd have to reschedule events or any other kind of gathering, but it would primarily be for the safety the people organizing it, and of course the people attending it. Either way, ultimately, it's about preventing people from being harmed, which would seem to me to only be a good thing, regardless of the supposed hassle of having to reschedule things, which is only ever of secondary or even tertiary importance, in cases such as these.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

StableInvadeel

Hurricanes happen all around the world. Imagine if every new news station kept reporting on every hurricane that happens everywhere. There’s very little for the local UK audience to earn from learning that one is forming on the other side of the world.

I think it’s better if they keep it to things that actually affect their audience, like a cancelled international event that the country is participating in. After all, it’s not like the bad thing already happened and they’re like being childish about it. Like the anime fans you mention.

Edited on by StableInvadeel

Invading your ranch, taking your cows.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Agreed, you may as well wait until the scales tip significantly towards repairing the old orbs before you do it. Of course, we all have our own scales and circumstances. I have the same philosophy. It’s only lead me astray once. I waited a little too long to have my neck fused and ended up with a little nerve damage, but if I had done it right away; I most likely would have had two surgeries in my 30s and doubled my chances of surgical complications.

Hey, isn’t today Mega Drive Mini day? I’d go back to double check the date you posted last week, but it’s probably 150 pages deep at this point.

limby-bee was a jerk.

BruceCM

It came out last Friday in Europe, @bimmy-lee .... Were you planning to get one?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

bimmy-lee

@BruceCM - Yes, I would love to have one, though it would be a Genesis with the three button controller for me here in the US. It’s my favorite console. I’m on a spending freeze for the rest of the year concerning this hobby though. I made a decision back in August to purchase the digital vouchers instead of this mini since I have my original Genesis, controllers, and game collection (and the CRT TVs to play it). I read the hardware review here on NL, but I’m hoping to hear some user experiences as well. Do you have one?

limby-bee was a jerk.

gcunit

@StableInvadeel It's the new model. I'd been considering getting a used Switch to get a second dock (plus more joy cons and power cable), but then saw the chance to get a new model for 20% off. Chicken dinner.

Astral Chain opening is cool as f, but I wish the game didn't explain how legions work at the very moment I'm trying to fight an enemy with my new legion. Just me perhaps, but I can't fight and listen to/read explanations at the same time.

What's the consensus - should I start out on Casual or Standard?

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic