Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,301 to 36,320 of 96,298

Eel

StableInvadeel was definitely getting pretty repetitive with his Pokemon hate posts.

@NintendoByNature it's pretty interesting! I tried with a few 3d games. Farming simulator was very weird, since it was registering very sharp turns if I pressed the directions for too long. Minecraft plays surprisingly well with dual dpads.

Zelda Links Awakening plays wonderfully.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NintendoByNature

@Eel very cool..im tempted, honestly. But I feel like if I'd get any other themed 8bitdo, it would be a gameboy color sn30 gamepad or the sn30 pro plus game boy og colors since that had some nice dual sticks

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Eel By the way: that blue Switch Lite does indeed "looks" pretty cool. I see you also already got the protection case to go with it as well. Had to check and double-check that controller, though. At first I thought it was either a freak of nature or a PhotoShop...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

I felt exhausted lately after did a tight drawing time schedule on my PC everyday with at least 2 - 3 hours each day to finish my Calendar 2020 projects before the deadline i have set 29 December 2019. 😩
Should i take break tonight after i have continued some progress this afternoon ?

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@Eel Yeah, he never seemed quite right in the head. That he had "Stable" in his name probably should have been a clue something was off. He was kind of a weirdo but I didn't think it would go that extreme.

@NintendoByNature Dual D-Pads are meant for Virtual Boy and only for Virtual Boy

NEStalgia

NintendoByNature

@NEStalgia nonsense, I'm willing to go toe to toe with anyone in call of duty using dual dpads 😂

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

The best part of the double d pad is local multiplayer on the same controller. You battle on the screen as well as for arm space and real estate on the controller. It’s like an arm wrestling match during Mario Kart multiplayer on the SNES app.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee And people already felt like they were getting too close into each other's personal space with that Capcom Arcade controller...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Ha, yes, this would be on the extreme end of space sharing compared to the Capcom pad. What do you think of the Capcom Home Arcade? I like it quite a bit and don’t really mind the ridiculous Capcom branding of it. If I had one, I’d be tempted to build a tabletop cabinet for it.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NEStalgia

Does anyone else find it hilarious that Pokemon is the most hated video game series in existence?

I mean it's just sad. Even otherwise really rational people go absolutely batstuff when Pokemon is mentioned.
"I believe we should further delibrate the new f"
"POKEMON!"
"..rrrrrrRRRRAWWWWWWWRRRRR HULLLLK SMAAAASHHHH!!!!"

NEStalgia

Zuljaras

@NEStalgia I don't know if you are sarcastic but I always saw and believed that Pokémon is actually one of the most positive and loved franchises in gaming.

Only the last ones are disliked just a little and not by many people. And this is just about the smaller Pokedex and the not so impressive graphics.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, contrary to what you might think, seeing as I'm a sales & marketing myself, I'm not really a stickler for in your face branding, which is what this definitely is.

If I'd buy it (I won't, because it's too expensive and offers too few games for that price, even though in all honesty, the cost is probably mostly due to the high end controls), then I'd probably take it apart completely, and build it into an actual black and wood-veneer tabletop cabinet. I also don't like that the buttons aren't colored like you would expect in the arcade (white player selection buttons, and red, green, blue and black or yellow action buttons), because them being painted over by the logo makes them all but invisible.

So, in short, yes ridiculous indeed, which for me makes it a definite no. I'd rather spend that amount of cash on something more worthy of my money.

@NEStalgia Pffff... don't get me started. The Pokémon review bombing article is the second time in these last couple of weeks that I've seriously regretted reading the comments from. It is seriously depressing that people can get so invested in, and angry about a friggin' video game. I want to beat the crap out of all of them. If a game already makes them THAT angry, they should try to walk a mile in my shoes, what with everything I had to put up with in real life, over the last three years. That would probably turn them into blubbering pools of organic goo...

@Zuljaras Well, if it would only have been these two things, which are already incredibly whiny, then it would still be relatively digestible, but there's SO much negativity and sometimes even downright hatred towards the game and its developers, that it genuinely infuriates me and makes me sick to my stomach. I hate how useless and short-sighted people seem to be becoming, and the rate at which it's happening, is ever faster, so apparently, we're on a VERY slippery slope.

And in that review-bombing article, one of the first comments gets 87 likes (also 5+ dislikes, but still), and all I can think is "well, now I know there's at least 87 idiots and/or Negative Nancy's lurking around here", and I positively HATE that such p***-ant comments get so many likes. Negativity ONLY breeds more negativity, there's nothing constructive about it, regardless of the faux reasons that SO many of them give.

I'm willing to wager a bet that 99.9% of them have NEVER even programmed anything in their lives, not even the simplest of things, and yet somehow they seem to possess the knowledge and the vision to "know" what it is that was done, or not done, in the game, and how it was made. It would be funny, something to laugh at VERY loudly, if it wasn't so infinitely sad at the same time...

In the entire truckload of whiny, cry baby comments, there were only a few truly constructive criticisms, and a small handful of smart and positive, or at least realistic people, but these were of course completely drowned out by all the negative idiots, who not only criticized the game, but also NLife and other, more positive sites, with their ridiculous accusations of double standards and/or ulterior motives for liking the game.

But hey, that's the internet for 'ya, and it ain't getting any prettier, apparently. This site used to be SO much more relaxed a couple of years ago, like an oasis in a sea of online aggression and idiocy, but it would seem that this particular oil stain has now sadly also spread into these waters...

On a side note: another low is the article about how Pokémon Sword/Shield data could possibly corrupt your SD card data. It seems that no one can win. A site can't be too positive, but once they actually ARE critical of something, these walking tumors will find something else to slam them with.

Yes, that was harsh, but far as I'm concerned, MORE than deserved, because I'm SO done with individuals like that. Back when I was their age, I'd simply just not buy the game, instead of spending all my time complaining about how bad that game was (and probably still buy it regardless, because... well, you know, they're still "fans" of the series... ).

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

SheldonRandoms

Despite who was in the right or who was in the wrong, that won't change the outcome that my swell little buddy Ducklett got Thanos snapped

All he ever did was trip over his webbed feet (If my feet are webbed, does that mean spider Pokemon live there?), demanded fast food places to serve a buffet of peat moss (but it's just gotttttta be on the menu!), and use his trainer's head as a nest (This is my mobile home, I should invite my friends to my mobile home for a house party!). It was the little things in life that he held so dear to him, and somehow, that made him friends who cherished his presence, even if they started out as a predator that wanted to eat him for dessert (Dessert!? Is it peat moss flavored!?!? WHERE!?!?!)

While typing that out, it's almost as if I heard him speaking words of dialogue or something (Naw, those must be, uhhhhhh, the voices in your head, BOO! HISS! I'M A GHOST POKEMON NOW!).

Press F for Ducklett, maybe you'll be added to the next Pokemon game, or Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, that also works.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

NintendoByNature

All I know is re4 is intense. I don't think there's been a dull moment in the 11.5 hours I've played. As much as i love it, I'm kinda looking forward to the credits. I'm constantly on edge 😂

NintendoByNature

Eel

Have you reached the boss of the castle? I remember my brother would always save the one rocket laucher there to kill him in like ten seconds.

Bloop.

NintendoByNature

@Eel I have not ( that I know of) I just finished the train in the mine scene if you recall that part of the castle. I think im getting close to the boss though. Im at chapter 5-1 so the game has to be over soon. Early in the game I had tons of ammo. And now that i have this huge case ( biggest you can get), I have nothing lol. The best guns are the rifles though. I can get a head shot 9/10 times. I rather like picking people off from a distance. Makes for a less tense encounter haha

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Eel

Oh well if you’re there already then you just beat the boss of the castle area.

Mr flesh flower thing. A single shot with the rocket launcher kills him instantly (if you hit him when he is exposed, of course).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic