Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,301 to 36,320 of 36,579

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Ah, okay. It's confusing sometimes, because you often don't tag people in your comments, and you mentioned anime girls, which I didn't, but your comment was right underneath mine, so I was looking for something that would imply that you either were or weren't replying to me.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BruceCM

Nah, I missed out on the original console & most of the games on it don't interest me, @bimmy-lee But I liked how many games they put on the Genesis & Megadrive minis .... !
It was out in America in September, wasn't it? 19th? It was being covered quite well in my other forum

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

NintendoByNature

@gcunit I did pt standard but had to move down to casual 2 or 3 times during my play through.

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@gcunit I think I did the default selection, but can't remember for sure. I really like the game and music, I've just been sidetracked hard. I finished Link's Awakening for awhile, but now I'm back in DxM and loving Asphalt 9. Then there's Luigi coming....

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

gcunit

I've gone for Standard to begin with, but not got going yet. Did all the training stuff cos I didn't know wtf I was doing with the Legions.

Astral Chain, Witcher 3, Dragon Quest I-III (pricey physical import) and Fire Emblem 3H are my major Switch purchases for the rest of the year, unless something mega gets announced for December. Luigi and Dragon Quest XIS are on my 'later' list.

I'm going to feel jealous when Luigi comes out, but I've never really played the first two. Only bought the original on GameCube this week as it happens (dabbled with a rom previously tho) so I'll be playing that on 31st to pacify my urges.

Edit: ****! I've just remembered about the Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment releases too.

Edited on by gcunit

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NintendoByNature

I have LM3 ready to go on my home screen. Just counting down the days. I played some garbage game called ghoulboy for an hour or so and gave up. It was Only $3 thankfully. After finishing up Ghostbusters yesterday night, I'm onto guacamelee 2 and more of ori. I'm hoping those two hold me over til LM3. Think i might even redownload rocket league for the stranger things crossover.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Ah, okay, I lost track of time then. I’m sure you’ll have it loaded up with games in no time. I’ve heard Asphalt 9 is really good. I’m not much of a racer, but glad you and others are enjoying it. No rush on your MD thoughts, just look forward to hearing what you think when you’ve had time to play around with it. I know you’re a Sega fan as I am, so just curious.

If I ever post a comment without tagging someone, I’m either posting a random thought, or adding to the general conversation. It’s a maneuver I stole from StableInvadeel.

@BruceCM - Not sure about the US launch, but that sounds about right. Maybe I’ll look for the forum. I’m pretty picky about how I get my information and from whom. I don’t look around the forums much for serious information. I’m pretty much Chit Chat only, with only an occasional foray into a music thread I started a couple years ago, and sometimes I can’t help myself from posting in a forum if the OP believes they’re communicating directly with Nintendo.

@NintendoByNature - Sorry to hear Ghoulboy is bad, ah well, just a couple dollars lost at least. It’s tough looking at that LM3 icon on the home screen. I tapped it last time I fired up my Switch juuuust in case, but nope.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Well, I'm going to leave it alone for quite a while. Besides, the first "hack your Sega Genesis Mini" videos are still either in development, or nowhere to be seen, so I'm not about to tinker with it on my own accord.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

gcunit

@NotTelevision Yeh, I wasn't sure from what it said about the different modes if, once I'd chosen Standard, I could still chop and change at will, but you and NintendoByNature have put me at ease on it, thanks.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NotTelevision

I feel kinda bummed about passing on LM3. I have too many games in the backlog and feeling guilty. Going to add Witcher 3 to the library soon as well. Can’t wait to hear people share their experience with the game though.

NotTelevision

NotTelevision

@gcunit sure. No problem 👌. I realized my reply had already been answered so I deleted it. Looks like you caught it anyway.

NotTelevision

BruceCM

Lols, @gcunit .... You could always get them later, if there's too many games this month? I already played them all on my phone but I'm looking forward to replaying in Switch

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

RR529

@gcunit, I'm not hugely experienced with more skill based action games like Astral Chain, but I've been playing on Pt Standard and haven't had much issue yet (I'm in the middle of File 10, and haven't yet had to lower the difficulty during a boss or anything like that).

The game seemingly hands out healing items like candy (especially if you take the time to poke around during the exploratory & platforming sections), and your armor can be upraded at HQ to enhance your reviving capabilities (you start out with 2 revives per mission, but can be upgraded to 5, with extra health to boot). There are also items you can use to recharge your revivals as well (it gives a few of these out as well, though generally not as much as the healing items).

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

ThanosReXXX

@StableInvadeel Hm... you must have hated Resident Evil 4, then...

StableInvadeel

4 is a strange case. Europeans swear the ganados sound mexican. Meanwhile nobody in mexico sounds like that. It's in a weird limbo where the ganados sound foreign to everyone.

Anyway, it's very different going from short grumbles and small phrases, to playing an entire game like that.

The demos look great on the switch, btw.

Edited on by StableInvadeel

Invading your ranch, taking your cows.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic