Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 29,641 to 29,660 of 96,558

HobbitGamer

bimmy-lee wrote:

People have cried over much less. There are people crying right this very second under the My Nintendo article because the 10% discount they’d never activate isn’t for a game they actually wanted.

This is why I heart Bimmy

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee I've cried a bit, on the inside, but only out of a mild frustration over SO many discounts, that I'll never be able to make use of, because I can't and won't, seeing as I've already spent several hundreds of euros last month, and life is unfortunately more than just about spending all your hard-earned money on games and related items...

Did also buy a couple of Xbox One games and a Commodore Amiga book, though...

But that was that, for at least the next two, three months or so. I've never spent that much money all at once for just games. The only time I actually do spend hundreds, is once a year, when I usually buy a new console or handheld.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I know, Club Nintendo was better in every way. It wouldn’t be Nintendo if they weren’t completely off base on a few things. The bigger laugh is the clockwork like regularity of it all. Every My Rewards and NES Update article has the exact same comments. You at least got your gold coins though, right?

@HobbitGamer - As Sam Wheat would say, “Ditto.”

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yes I did, and I subsequently used most of them to get discounts on all the games I bought digitally. But I wasn't talking about Nintendo rewards, which actually can hardly be classified as such nowadays. I find most of the stuff to be completely laughable at best.

No, the discounts I was talking about, were for actual games. Right after I made use of the discount wave that included the games I bought, another two separate discount waves came along, and these definitely included quite a few titles I would also be interested in, but having already spent that much money, I found myself stuck between the feeling of "I want those games too" and "but I simply can't afford to spend any more, and I need to be the responsible adult and pay my bills, and have some money left for a month's worth of food"...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I see. I know the feeling too. It’s so difficult to summon the willpower to not buy a game I’m interested in when it’s on sale and I know I shouldn’t spend the money. I’ve been on spending freeze for the last month+, but Ape Out on sale buckled me last Thursday.

limby-bee was a jerk.

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I forgot to mention, that Bitmap Commodore Amiga book looks great. A nice collector’s piece. I’d like to get Chris Scullion’s NES Encyclopedia when it’s available in the US.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Ninjas are ageless. No shame in crying over missing out on a ninja sword.

The arcade has dishonored me.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Would the arcade need to commit seppuku by filing Chapter 11? Asking for a capital investor.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yeah it does, doesn't it? As a long-time fan of the brand, and owner of several models of Commodore Amiga (A500/A500+, A1200 & CD32) I simply HAD to buy this book before it runs out of print. I've missed another Amiga book before, but maybe that was destiny, because this book is SO much better, so I'm glad I was able to snag a copy.

NES book sounds good too, although personally, I didn't have any connection with that console. Didn't jump into the Nintendo scene until the N64. I was still gaming on my Amiga systems until then...

And that is yet another reason why I'm happy that I was able to get my hands on both the NES and SNES Mini,
so I could at the very least kind of complete my Nintendo systems collection...

@NEStalgia Well, good luck trying to perform seppuku with a plastic sword, then...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NintendoByNature

Well I can say Im enjoying stardew valley vr. Just waiting on my veggies to grow, wish it was quick like the game though

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature I was excited, until I realized you were talking about real life gardening 😂

#MudStrongs

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - The Bitmap books look really high quality. I think NL reviewed one or two of them. I would love a copy of the Artcade book. I see there’s new stock coming soon. I’ve never played Commodore hardware. They look like a lot of fun. I’d love to sit down with you and play yours and get a crash course. I know we’ve talked about this before, but what an introduction you had with Nintendo. N64 is still my favorite hardware, with some of my all time favorite software. Switch has been pretty special so far, so who knows?

limby-bee was a jerk.

Heavyarms55

@bimmy-lee Dude you sound like a pretty cool dad! Always love hearing about parents and kids who can spend time together doing things like this. Too often on the news and TV you only hear about the worst parents can be...

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

bimmy-lee

@Heavyarms55 - Ha, thanks. I do my best to not do terrible stuff to them. I do enjoy watching their faces when they walk into a big arcade with dozens of machines lighting up. It’s a lot different than in my day. But yeah, to make the Apple news app, the headline would probably have to be, “Father takes children to arcade... Trades them for Stimutax... Goes on three day Skee Ball bender... loses everything!”

limby-bee was a jerk.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic