Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 29,381 to 29,400 of 30,572

Link-Hero

@ThanosReXXX @Morpheel
I don't think I ever had tea with any kind of fruit in it. That doesn't sound too bad actually depending on how much they overpower the bitterness. Everyone I know that drinks tea is always green, sweet, or iced.

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

Morpheel

They're very popular here in Mexico. Imagine a tea, where you put the loose tea by spoon in the cup, but instead of just tea leaves, it has small cubes of dried fruit.

Apple, cranberry, strawberry, passion fruit, kiwi, mango, etc.

Combine it with flower petals and/or regular tea leaves, and you have a nice time.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Link-Hero
Try these teas in Indonesia.
You will like it. 🤓
They don't have any bitterness sensation after taste.
Untitled
Untitled

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

HobbitGamer

I’m in the middle of cooking Easter dinner. Steak kabobs with peppers, onion, and pineapple on them. I also felt adventurous and hollowed our some jalapeños, stuffed them with cheese, and foiled them up.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Well, we can definitely shake hands on olives: hate those things...

@Tyranexx Smart woman, you...

@Link-Hero Aha, that explains a lot. So probably only what's considered as regular tea then, huh?
Well, at least that opens up a whole truckload of options, in case you ever consider trying. As the old Chinese saying goes: there's a tea for every man... (and woman, of course)

@Anti-Matter We were mostly talking about real tea, as in cooked in a pot and then made with fresh ingredients, not that super-sweetened fake crap in a cardboard box. That's not tea, that's a soft drink with tea extract to make it taste like tea.

@AlohaPizzaJack Man, I have to admit, that sounds pretty damn tasty, just from reading it. Almost like a real life Breath of the Wild recipe...

EDIT:
And now that I wrote that down, I'm actually imagining all those ingredients dancing around in a frying pan, accompanied by some music and then magically turning into a meat skewer...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

AlohaPizzaJack wrote:

I’m in the middle of cooking Easter dinner. Steak kabobs with peppers, onion, and pineapple on them. I also felt adventurous and hollowed our some jalapeños, stuffed them with cheese, and foiled them up.

Considering that I missed out on a family dinner today (long story; suffice it to say I wasn't feeling well) and had to settle for some veggies and something I threw together here at home, that sounds pretty good.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, any non-RPG on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

HobbitGamer

I imagined the noise a few times while I cooked. And after eating two, I thought “How could Link climb after this??”

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

I ate so much food today I can barely move. Baseball sized meatballs, pasta, ham, Italian sausage sandwiches and most importantly, pizza.. best part is that since it was at my house this year, tons of left overs tomorrow

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

Truck is still acting up when cold in the morning. Not even fun at this point. I’m hoping it’s just an oxygen sensor that’s fouled its heating element. I can only read so much Haynes and Chilton manual junk before my mind is mush.

At least work is pretty straightforward today. Maybe I’ll escape into some Phoenix Wright at lunch. After the parts store 🤬

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

ThanosReXXX

Damned! Those friggin' idiots at Google were probably bored out of their hats once more, and decided to change YouTube's layout for no reason, AGAIN. It almost feels like what happens with the national dictionary over here. In case you're wondering what I'm on about: there's a commission that presides over the vocabulary, and every other year or so, they decide to change spelling or wording of certain words and sentences, for no apparent reason, other than wanting to "modernize" the native language.

Which of course is total BS, and confusing, especially to old people, who've been using these "wrong" versions of words and phrases all their lives. I wonder if the same happens in other countries/parts of the world. If you ask me, it's just a front that enables these people to keep their useless jobs...

But I digress, so moving on:

Far as I'm concerned (and from the looks on forums and tech pages thousands of others with me), each YouTube layout change has been a serious step back in user friendliness, usability and aesthetics.

Last year, I already started using Tampermonkey, and added a little script to it, to disable the annoying polymer layer look in YouTube, but sadly enough, that does not disable this most recent update.

Luckily, I found another small and handy script, actually meant to remedy/revert the 2018 update, but fortunately it also still works for this latest atrocity of an update, so I am once again a very happy camper, enjoying YouTube as it should have stayed, two useless layout updates ago...

If anyone is interested in this, I'll gladly share the knowledge of either the latest fix or Tampermonkey, or both, so just let me know if you're also annoyed by YouTube's latest "improvements".

@AlohaPizzaJack Add enough spicy peppers and even the strongest among us will run (or climb) like the wind...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile, i played DDR A at game arcade Mr Token (City of Tomorrow Mall) this evening after working time.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Erm... the layout, as I mentioned. More clinical look, bigger thumbnails, more Windows 10 like.
If you don't have it yet, refresh the page, empty your cache and you'll notice. Maybe not so much on the main page, but definitely on a video's own page, where several cosmetic changes will immediately be visible.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

@Octane That's the only kind of chocolate.

@Link-Hero There's the other possibility that if your coffee is that bitter, it's burnt coffee. Either the roasted beans are burnt, the beans are stale, or the brewing water is too hot and burned it. People think of coffee as dry goods, and brewing it as just "throw hot water in", but it's a lot more meticulous to do it right. The temps are important. Most sold coffee beans are burnt. And keep in mind, once the bean is ground, if it's not packed in a vacuum, the oils go rancid in about an hour. The "open can of ground coffee on the counter" is little different than "the open bottle of milk on the counter" Fresh-ground, or individual packed servings are really the only way to do coffee. Anything else is rancid, bitter swill that does take lots of sweetener to fix, because you're masking the fact that it's rancid and burned.

@Morpheel @ThanosReXXX You don't like olives? The single best food nature produces? I'm sorry. I'm going to have to discontinue our relationship. It's not me. It's you.

@ThanosReXXX That....sounds bizzare with the Dutch language. While some countries do have a sort of language-upkeep ministry (Japan comes to mind) I have never heard of such silly frequent revisions to any language, anywhere else in the world. They may approve or add spellings or synonyms to things, but never change them. That sounds like 12th century dynastic China. Though I take that back. The CCP maintains "simplified" Mandarin in a similar way (which still makes no sense considering Taiwan moves along just fine with the traditional language.) So, yay Ned....you're doing it the Beijing way!

Google....I deplore Google. The only thing they ever do is break things. And then charge more for them. 40+% increase in YT TV just to add channels I don't want. Then they break YT itself. But most of what they do seems based on constantly "simplifying" and breaking or making worse existing things. Remember before YT was google? It was great back then. I was GPM subscriber years ago....then they introduced YT Music as an included add-on - focused on the video aspect of music. Cool! So I built up a playlist of clips of concerts and things, clips of performers at other events, talking, shows, etc. Cool stuff relating to music and artists I have an interest in. The app kept breaking (constantly) and would look different all the time. Then, a lot of my clips showed up as "not available" "deleted" etc, and my playlist had holes all over it. Things I wanted to watch again were gone. Some of that was bootlegs getting killed by publishers, but not all of it. Then I realized they were converting YT Music into a replacement for GPM. But in typical Google fashion they have both running and the two are incompatible, and have different things and operate differently. They let GPM languish and never updated it or fixed its problems. It still has the horrid orange background. Then they just replace it with YT music which is incomplete and unfinished. Then they run them both as-is. $20 says by the time YT is ALMOST ready, they kill it within a year for something new because that's what Google does. Meanwhile I hadn't even noticed that for 10 months or so I stopped getting cool clips of concerts and ads and speaking from performers and started getting almost all official music videos only. Just this weekend I realized....they broke YT Music entirely from it's original purpose! IT was suposed to focus on the video aspect of music and performers. Instead it's now just a music streaming app that includes official MVs....just like Apple, Tidal, etc. It may have more video but that's still all it is. So I went to regular YT. And darned if half the missing stuff from my playlist isn't still there, but it shows as missing in the YT Music app that I bookmarked it in to begin with! And a search for concerts and things actually turns up some of the missing stuff that used to turn up in the music app but now doesn't....you have to go to regular YT for that now, which defeats the entire purpose of the original YT Music service!

I hate hate HATE Google. They take simple things that work and make them complicated things that don't work for no valid reason at all.

Edit: Oh and to top it all off, they changed YouTube Red into YouTube Premium, upped the price from $10 to $14, and now you can only get Premium if you subscribe to Music for $10 and add $4 as an add-on. I still have the old price for all 3 services combined which is how Google used to do things, some people still pay $7, but since they applied the TV pricing to EVERYONE, I'm betting they raise that price on everyone for this, too. Youtube seems to be where they want to make everything more and more expensive.

"I want to give Google all my personal information because they give me so much for free!" Yeah..sure...see how long that lasts. Then they have your information AND your wallet.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Spacing, my friend, spacing...

That last block of text was kinda too compact for its own good.

As for the dictionary stuff: too bad I can't come up with a good example that comes across as intended when I translate it, otherwise I could have shown you, but it doesn't transfer into English. If I find one that does, I'll let you know...

For now, I'm afraid only @Octane will know what I'm talking about where tampering with the Dutch language is concerned...

But agreed on Google. They started of fresh, once, a long, long time ago, but nowadays, a lot of it just seems to be change for the sake of change or making something new yet not completely useful and/or necessary, YouTube being one of the simplest and most obvious examples.

@Morpheel I took some before and after screenshots for you, in case you still don't see the difference on your own PC/laptop/tablet, so you can spot the differences for yourself:

YouTube before the unnecessary update:
Untitled
YouTube after the unnecessary update:
Untitled

P.S.
Please ignore the subscriber text screw up underneath the video in the first picture. That's just on my PC because of me using a specific YouTube video download app that doesn't play nice with the older layout...

Morpheel

Kinda looks like it has more space for a bigger video view.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Worse, they've influenced the public to expect every website has annual complete makeovers, and it's starting to creep into the physical world, as well, that stores remodel twice a year now because everyone just demands continuous change just to be different, otherwise it feels "old." I blame mostly Google. Not even Apple takes the fall for that. Apple stuff keeps the same design forever, even if it's terrible (see also, iTunes on PC/Mac.)

A big part of Google's current updates revolve around their totalitarian conquest of the internet in their mandate that, essentially, the desktop is dead and the whole internet should be designed for phones and tablets. By changing their monopoly search engine to mandate that, they effectively issued an edict to the whole internet. You comply with Google's wishes or you become an unperson. Conveniently that helps supplant any of Microsoft's presence and replaces it with Google's on OS as the primary interface of the internet. Purely coincidental. It was all for the greater good of the way people consume content today. Of course....

Your new Youtube would look so good on an Android tablet, wouldn't it?

The problem though is they start rolling out changes before they're even ready and their plans change before they even finish a rollout.

Android itself is fun. There was Gingerbread. Then Honeycomb was going to merge the phone and tablet UI. And it needed to comply with the Holo interface! Dark grays, blue bars! Then Ice Cream Sandwich replaced that entire edict and had an entirely NEW interface with Material Design! Then by Marshmallow they walked that back and had a whole NEW design to comply to! Now we have Pie which makes it all different again! App designers keep jumping through hoops to stay compliant with the Emperor's ever changing whims.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Yup, bigger main video pane, obviously. But also additional options in the upper right corner, more options on the main page of YouTube, removal of "go back to classic view" from the main page, certain apps not working with the new layout, constant reminders of not being logged in when visiting a single video page and so on, and so on.

The thing is that these are all changes, and mostly cosmetic ones, that no one asked for. The old saying is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but apparently, Google's mantra is "if it ain't broke, let's try to make it prettier and add more useless functions anyway"...

@NEStalgia So very true, that. We all need to have those new and shiny "what's hot and fresh now" websites, even if the current one is perfectly fine, still more than modern enough, and working like a charm...

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Well the motto of Silicone Valley is "Move fast and break things." And they do seem to take that literally. The Valley mindset may include excellent engineers, but there's not a single person in the entire zipcode who understands HUMANS even slightly.

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

Ah yes, Google is quite talented at fixing what isn't broken. When they picked up YouTube a few years ago, they wanted me to sign up for a Google account. I closed my old YT account in protest. XD

While I don't think revamping a website every so often is bad, I think once every couple of years barring a rebrand or something to that effect is more than enough.

... Unfortunately, I'm back to using a Google account for other services. I didn't used to dislike the company, but I think they're, to use an old-timey turn of phrase, "getting too big for their britches".

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started
Currently playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, any non-RPG on the SNES Classic

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic