Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 29,381 to 29,400 of 32,938

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX AFAIK the sane part would like to nuke he other part, too, so we're all in agreement here.

@ReaderRagfish Drive looks like they tried to copy Windows Vista, but in an even worse way..... And have you seen Android Pie? Everything is ROUND. It's the Kardashian version of Android. You KNOW that design will be "dated" in, like, 10 months and they revert everything to "simplified" square edge flat designs again. Why not just settle on a design, that's clearly identifiable with the Android brand, and sticking with it? You know, like their only competitor, Apple, does...they've had all of 2 designs for their mobile OS. Google has a new one every year. I guess it makes it easier for the disposable phone partners "oh that's last year's design, your phone isn't like anyone elses!" I hate Apple...but Google's making it a lot easier to like them. If only their stuff wasn't so functionally limited and overpriced.

When I think minimalist design logos, I think of this:
Untitled

It was affectionately known to the public and employees a the time as "the mating worms logo." Of course, this is a good indicator of the public impact minimalist logos have. At least it ended well....oh.....wait....

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia You just HAD to mention the Kardashians there, didn't you?
I hope that if ever, for some crazy, no: insane reason, Kanye actually does become president, that the Kennedy curse transfers onto them, so we'd finally be rid of all of them...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

I want to ask something.
Who have interest about Dance Dance Revolution and other Rhythm games from Konami ?
Because i wonder if i can find any user here that can share their experiences about playing those Rhythm games from Konami.
I'm a die hard fan of Dance Dance Revolution since 15 years ago, i started to try DDR arcade from DDR 3rd Mix and i have played DDR A on this year.
But i noticed almost nobody here have any interest about Rhythm games from Konami.
At this rate, i felt lonely with my condition here in real life, the game arcades in Surabaya started to move on from Konami's Rhythm Arcades such as DDR, DrumMania, Para Para Paradise, Beatmania IIDX, Guitar Freaks, etc.
Here in Surabaya, only THREE DDR machines left (DDR MAX 2, DDR X, DDR A) and i'm afraid they will be gone forever if TimeZone Surabaya doesn't add at least DDR A for the newest DDR machine. 😟 😢

I don't want to move on from my ritual every weekend to play DDR arcade at least once in a week. I have pursued my hobby to play DDR as a serious dedication. I trained by myself for more difficult songs, i learned from other peoples how to beat Expert difficulty songs when i still DDR player apprentice. And i usually play DDR at arcades alone, without any friends. Only a few occasions i played DDR with someone. But from year to year, i almost found nobody want to pursue this hobby anymore, only me that still pursue the hobby to play DDR until today. 😞
While at the same time i knew there are still some DDR GOD players out of my country, they keep playing DDR arcades over there even better than me. I start to feel lonely with my situation in Surabaya like that while on the other country, DDR is still a thing today after DDR celebrated their 20th Anniversary last October 2018.

So, before i'm thinking to create a thread for discussing about Konami's Rhythm games, please let me know if there is someone who still have interest with Rhythm games from Konami.
I need some friends who want to share experiences and discussing about Konami's Rhythm games.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX LOL. Honestly Kanye is less insane than 90% of the other options.....so long as he fills the East Lawn with pit bulls and keeps the rest of the K clan out.... (I say this as someone who can't stand Kanye..... ) I

@Anti-Matter From what I gather, the rhythm game thing was more a "thing" (fad?) in arcades in Asia, especially Japan. It was never a big thing in the west other than Just Dance and it's clones that kind of hit it big with the family causal audience at home. So it's no surprise you don't see many people interested here, being mostly a western (UK, US, CA, EU, in that order) forum. The fad never happened here. If your'e seeing the arcade remove the machines, I'm guessing that means the fad is starting to wear off in Asia as well....it's been going on for a while so that shouldn't be too surprising. Gaming always moves in cycles (remember the 90's when fighting games were the staple of the arcade? Now it's a back corner for old school gamers.)

NEStalgia

Anti-Matter

@NEStalgia
I'm thinking to start to build my own Home Arcade when the time has come.
I can start by searching for DDR metal pad for DDR arcade sensation at home, mini Pop'n Music controller to play pop'n Music and Beatmania IIDX PS2 version, Para Para Paradise controller to play Para Para Paradise arcade at home, Martial Beat kits with the game as well for playing Martial Beat Arcade on PS1, Taiko drum to play Taiko no Tatsujin, etc.
I felt granted to have PS2 Slim since there are TONS of Konami's Rhythm games that i can turn into Home Arcade when my local game arcades no longer to support those machines anymore. But still.... I felt lonely. 😞

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Yeah, well... keep on feeling lonely.
@NEStalgia is completely right. Dance games were all the rage decades ago, although even back then, I didn't know of many people playing them, and certainly not boys or men. And you already know my taste in games,
so I won't go into any further detail.

As for arcade dance games: they're slowly dying out, and that's not a bad thing, far as I'm concerned.
Here's hoping that Ubisoft will take clues from it, and will eradicate the Let's Dance series as well.

I don't think many, if any people are going to seriously respond to any forum topic you're going to make about this. But seeing as you also like to put yourself in the pictures (also not very fitting on a website like this, if you ask me), then you might wanna consider starting an Instagram page about it.

Instagram has a FAR greater reach than a forum page on a single, Nintendo-related website, so if you want to find out if there's still fans of those games around, possibly in your area, then doing that will probably be the best thing for you.

More importantly, though, and I already tried to explain that to you some time ago, games are only a hobby, NOT a lifestyle, unless you're a professional gamer, that does eSports for money. So, if for whatever reason a game stops being made or being available, then that's just the natural order of things.

Childhood things appear, and then we grow up, and all the things that we used to like or know, disappears, are no longer made and/or available. Same thing happens with books, TV shows, candy, drinks, other foods, and so on. It's just the way things go. So, if there's nothing else you can do about that personally, then you'll just have to learn how to accept that. May not always be easy, but it is what you must do, eventually, because maybe not yet, but at some point, it will really all be gone.

But give Instagram a try first, seriously. Maybe there already is a DDR page on Instagram, so you may want to search for it first, before making one.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

RedderRugfish

Dance Dance Revolution was pretty popular in the early 2000s, even in the West. It's not really something many people here still play, but most of them at least recognize it if they see an arcade machine at a bowling alley or something.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

NEStalgia

@Anti-Matter Overall there hasn't been an arcade culture here in a good 20 to 25 years. I got lucky with one near me...but generally, it's been a lost culture. You're fortunate that it's still more popular there!

@ThanosReXXX To be fair, while A-M's taste in games is pretty eccentric typically, he's less unusual with his arcade choices. In Asia the dance fad in arcades was a bigger deal with a fair number of people taking it ridiculously seriously with training regimens and such, particularly Japan and the obsessive way they can overdo almost anything. It was the nerdy version of "going to the gym" with complete warmup and workout routines. Which is kind of awesome...more awesome than going to the gym, anyway, if your a gaming nerd But that whole culture of the arcade dance game never existed (at all) in the West.

But it does sound like that era is coming to a close there as well. TCGs are all the rage now in Japan....

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia wrote:

So it's no surprise you don't see many people interested here, being mostly a western (UK, US, CA, EU, in that order) forum.

I see you're already applying that Brexit filter there, even though it's still in a beta stage...
Wouldn't put Canada in front of Europe either. There's FAR more European members on here.

As for Kanye: with you saying that, I seriously have to start doubting YOUR sanity...
I'm anti-gun, but I'd be willing to get a license to keep that mental patient off of my lawn. And then some...

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, I guess you can call it impressive, in some respects. Me, I just call it "decidedly unmanly".

And what the heck are TCG's?

RedderRugfish

I've said this before, but I wish arcades were still a thing here. I just want to walk up to a Street Fighter machine in a 7/11 and fight some random dude I've never even met.

Anti-Matter

@NEStalgia
Here in Indonesia, another Rhythm games are being popular such as MaiMai Finale by SEGA, Dance Rush Stardom by Konami (again), Danz Base by IGS.

I'm also play MaiMai Finale (can pass some lv 13 songs, the hardest level with achievement at least 80%) and has ever tried Dance Rush Stardom once. But i still far more interested in DDR than any other Rhythm games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX While it's not my tastes, I can't say that dancing, taken to the extremes is particularly unmanly. Professional (or at least skilled) dancers, including (if not especially male dancers) are flat out athletes, no question. It's all about power and control, and it's extreme. Sure, dance games are not quite professional level dancing, they simply it the same way futbol <sic> games simplify playing soccer... But the idea isn't terribly effeminate. Besides, everyone knows the good dancers don't go home alone... You and I....we are not good dancers..... So we compensate with "manly games"

TCGs = Trading Card Games. Now there's a real gambling compulsion. Move over EA/Lootbox mania!

@ReaderRagfish You and me both!

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish As an adult, fighting some random dude you've never even met usually takes place in bars, on music festivals or sports events, nowadays...

Anti-Matter

@NEStalgia
Oh, wait.
Do you think Animal Kaiser and Aikatsu Arcade are practical of TCG for kids ?
Those machines are ALMOST in every Arcade games in my country.

My Top 6 games :

RedderRugfish

ThanosReXXX wrote:

As an adult, fighting some random dude you've never even met usually takes place in bars

I know this isn't what you meant but I've heard that combination bars and arcades (or Barcades) are pretty much the only form an arcade can be in order to succeed these days. I've never been to one though.

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I didn't mean dancing in general, but stomping around on a platform in front of a monitor displaying moving arrows... yeah, decidedly unmanly in my opinion, sorry.

As for us not being good dancers: I'd have to refer you to the "speak for yourself" box, my friend.
Besides martial arts, my former interests and weekly occupations also included breakdancing, among other things, and thanks to my martial arts training, I was quite flexible too. I actually think both skills complimented each other.

And to this day, I still enjoy watching break- or street dancers or modern dancers, so if any program or talent show comes along containing any of that, then I'll be sure to watch it.

As for trading card games: I used to have slightly nerdy friends, who were completely absorbed by Magic, but
I never got into that. I tried the computer versions of it several times, but I never got hooked. Probably the closest
I ever came to actually playing one for longer, was with the Lost Kingdom games on the GameCube.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Barcades? Those must have some REALLY lousy (and easy to beat) high scores...

1UP_MARIO

Arcades were a big part of my life growing up. All my local and school friends use to hook up after school or Saturday Sundays at the fish and chips shop which was great but hidden at the back they had 2 pool tables and about 20 arcade cabinets including street fighter 2. Mortal Kombat. Puzzle bubble. Out run. Raiden metal slug 1.2 x etc etc. They were the best days growing up playing great games with friends and strangers. It was still running all the way towards my college days. These places do not exist no more, at least where I live. Nowadays life is busy, most friends have moved places married, children etc all scattered in different locations, some are not here with us no more. Life. I still consider myself lucky if we at least get to all join up and catch up once a month.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

ThanosReXXX

@1UP_MARIO Yeah, pretty much the same with my friends. Some married, some moved to other cities, always pressed for time. Funny thing is that I was actually one of the first to have a serious relationship, but (several of) mine didn't really work out, and ultimately, all the others caught up to me, and most actually did make it work/stick, after a few failed tries, and now I'm the only single guy left...

Life, and it's strange twists and turns. Better try and make sure to enjoy the ride while it lasts...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic