Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 27,341 to 27,360 of 96,530

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish You're probably mighty glad to once again be the original you.
Welcome back, Reader of leftover cloth fishes...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

No no, he’s a fish dressed in rags that enjoys a good book.

After getting up early to get adult things out of the way, I’m going to assemble the Labo robot set in a bit. I enjoy the assembly and all it’s “aha, that’s how it works” moments.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

He will always be ReaderRagfihs to me. Much like how @Joeynator3000 will always be BellGoRiiing.

Sigh. You know it's a good sign when half of the town's policemen are beat up and/or kidnapped overnight.

Edit: apparently they've found them and they're alive.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

Oh man. Glad they’re alive. Were they kidnapped or something?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

I don't know the details, but apparently several cops were kidnapped and beat up overnight/early in the morning. Some of them were just beat up, but people were worried about the kidnapped ones.

As far as I know none of them died, and apparently they only targeted men. Dunno how they found them.

I'll share more details as the gossip gets to me.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

HobbitGamer

Please do. Couldn’t find anything myself.

#MudStrongs

roy130390

Hey guys, how have you been? Glad to see that there are many users I know still around.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

TheAwesomeBowser

Do you think Yoshi's Crafted World will be good or nah? 🤔

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

NintendoByNature

I'm honestly not sure. I think it'll be better than Kirby but not nearly as good as oddyssey. But I heard somewhere it's getting some good reviews. Forgot who scored it good but I wana say it was 38/40

I'm getting it either way though. Haven't played a yoshi game in forever

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

GeoChrome

I really liked the Crafted World demo, judging from that the game should be pretty good. It’ll also be my first Yoshi game, so that’s a plus.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Tyranexx

I got out this afternoon during the PoGo event; there are some local trails that have the map markers/signs as stops. I bagged some pretty good 'mon from the eggs I had, but the Pokestops need to start supplying me with incubators again....I'm down to just the infinite one. I also found not one, but TWO shiny Treecko.

I also got to some 3DS gaming earlier and played some Bravely Second. I'm hopelessly addicted to that game....I also tried the demo for Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn. It was...okay, but I'm not sure if it's for me. It was kinda dull.

@Morpheel: Holy Miltank. Glad they're okay! I'm curious now.

ReaderRagfish wrote:

Hey guys. Notice anything different about me today?

Morpheel wrote:

Your name is misspelled

Snort pffffft XD

Note to self: Get a screen saliva repellant!

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Morrow

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, I can understand that. One thing I hate about JP, that I dunno if I could follow, is the street lights rule. Man, if there is no cars, I'm walking. I'm not waiting for a green light on an empty street, lol. I'm a safe walker, and I can run quick. That rule is just silly.

Morrow

Anti-Matter

@Morrow
Well...
It's about being Discipline.
We can just run quickly if there is no car even the traffic light is Not green yet, but the rule of waiting until green light is not just about being discipline but also to protect yourself from unpredicted accidents.
The rule is maybe silly for peoples who never lived on Japan but Japanese peoples are used to follow that rule.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

Pedestrians are at their own risk around here if they don’t have a walk signal. You’re in the house of two ton vehicles at that point. Same rule as swimming in the ocean; can’t get mad if you’re playing in a shark’s kitchen.

I’m grabbing Yoshi. I enjoyed the demo and I passed on Kirby, too. It’ll be the first Yoshi game I’ve bought since Yoshi’s Story.

#MudStrongs

Heavyarms55

@Morrow Lol I only listen to that rule if there are students around, I Jwalk all the times and no one cares. One of the perks of living in rural Shiga.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Morrow

@Anti-Matter Yeah, I understand why the rule exists. But for responsible people who look all ways before crossing, and listen for cars too, it just becomes a minor annoyance to wait for something you don't have to. However, it's good to have that rule for people who aren't focused on their surroundings.

Morrow

Morrow

@Heavyarms55 Ah, thats cool. Yeah, people seem more chill in the rural areas of JP than the urban.

Morrow

Eel

@Tyranexx I was able to join the Pokemon go event fun too. Managed to get one shiny treecko, an sceptile with the special move (not shiny but with nearly perfect IVs), and enough stamps to get a legendary pokemon tomorrow. It was quite an eventful event!

I haven't heard much about the policemen. Other that the fact that they were 6 kidnapped and about 15 attacked in total.

Maybe tomorrow there will be more gossip.

Bloop.

Heavyarms55

@Morrow I find it more to be a Kansai/Tokyo difference. I find people a lot more chill in Kyoto and Osaka than I do in Tokyo. Then again, I am biased. I've lived in Kansai long enough that I've started speaking Kansai-ben. lol

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic