Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 27,361 to 27,380 of 96,530

Morrow

@Heavyarms55 I heard Osaka is a great place for foreigners to make friends, due to how welcoming people are. Lol, it happens to everyone I guess. Dude my one friend told me there is a type of Japanese, that royalty and VIPs use. I want to use that dialect when speaking to people, and wear a crown, to freak them out xD My royalty name shall be Sir Brimington Winsworth the fourth! I thought doing that would be a funny joke. Of course afterwards I would apologize and speak normal Japanese, but you gotta admit it sounds like a really good way to make a good joke xD

Morrow

Joeynator3000

Stahp summoning me!!! >.<

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

Also, I heard Osaka, Osaka is best girl.
yes I know he was talking about the city. lol

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tyranexx

@Morpheel: No Sceptile for me unfortunately, but I did get enough candy to evolve one of my Treecko into a Grovyle. I've only been playing for about a month, and casually at that; I've only started singling out the better 'mon this week and hope to try my hand at "battling" before long. I enjoy the game when I'm out and about and/or exercising, but there are some things that make me prefer the mainline series overall. I don't plan on ever spending any money on the game though.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

To be fair, I already had that grovyle waiting to evolve, and about 40 candies.

I also used a lot of pinap berries.

The only products maybe worth your real money are when they have cheap bundles that come with ultra balls and multiple incubators. Other than that, don't bother spending money unless you want to speed up getting a certain outfit.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

I finished the Labo robot. It’s...neat? I guess? I’m doing all the other bits and bob pieces now. I like the vehicle kit more so far. But at least this has a hook for easy hang up storage. The real fun for me will be the garage tinkering.

My friend loves Zelda ever since she beat LttP and BotW, so I told her there’s some really good ones on the CD-i. That was two hours ago, haven’t heard from her again yet 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile....
Untitled
Untitled
Ow yeah...! 😎
I got another AAA scores from some songs on DDR X2 Arcade this afternoon.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@AlohaPizzaJack
I left my Toy Cons 01 on the top of book shelf and caught some dust for several months. 😅
I haven't played my LABO since i was focusing on 3DS games.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter I tend to break them out once a month, which is still pretty good.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

There's new details about the cops.

The gossip going around is that they did this to themselves, the few pics I've seen of them don't look so bad, like a few bruises at most... So this seems like a good guess... (If a narco was behind this they would not be so... Alive).

The current theory is that they want to scare away the new police chief, who has military background and is apparently very strict.

I'll spill more tea as it fills my cup.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel Ah... smells like corruption. The dark seed of humanity, that unfortunately is SO hard to eradicate, if at all. Actually makes me kinda sad to be a part of the same species sometimes...

P.S.

You should have said "spill the beans". Would have been funnier, with your origins and whereabouts and all...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

He would never spill the beans, they’re too precious of a food. 😛

Yeah, I was wondering what was up when you said they were all alive. Didn’t jive with the stories of heavy duty criminal elements.

#MudStrongs

Eel

Is it even possible to "spill" a bean? They're not exactly liquid.

Anyway, it's not like I go about my day thinking about ways to incorporate weird offensive stereotypes into my posts.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Octane

You can spill solids, right?

Octane

Eel

Dunno. Google says it's about liquids.

Though I guess you gotta add water to cook beans.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel The general belief is that 'spilling the beans' originates from ancient Greece, where people cast secret votes by putting white or black beans in an opaque pottery jar (a white bean indicated a positive vote and a black bean was negative). If someone accidentally or deliberately knocked over the jar, the beans would pour out and the ‘secret’ would be revealed early, so they would have “spilled the beans”.

Some also say that it comes from the early days of the Western pioneers, eating canned beans. Even back then, beans already came canned with all kinds of sauces and/or added ingredients, actually making it quite easy to spill them.

And then there's various sources claiming it comes from either the late 1800's or the early 1900's and horse racing, where it was a metaphor for "upsetting a previously stable situation by talking out of turn" (pun in relation to horses probably not intended... ), which later evolved into the current meaning of giving away (secret) information to other parties.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

HobbitGamer

I always understood it from the voting origin, as well. Hence why they’re a precious food.

That game has too many cooties. 2/10

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic