Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 11,041 to 11,060 of 96,243

Joeynator3000

Meh, not too bothered by it...it's the internet, so whatever. I'm still gonna buy the games like Star Fox and maybe even the Metroid spinoff game and enjoy it.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Jaz007

I think that too many threads have been locked because of this thread recently. Often times a more miscellaneous subject or something that's stupid fun will get locked with redirect here. I don't see why something can't have it's own thread just because it's miscellaneous. And on fun threads, sometimes they are also miscellaneous, and other times I think it's just overkill. It's not going to harm anything if the occasional thread pops up. Plus, hall of fame threads don't get made this way.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

GuSolarFlare

well guys, look who's back from the hellfire lovely land of the HelpDesk

SORRY TO KEEP YOU WAITING!

sooooooooo, how's it going guys?

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Spoony_Tech

GuSolarFlare wrote:

well guys, look who's back from the hellfire lovely land of the HelpDesk

SORRY TO KEEP YOU WAITING!

sooooooooo, how's it going guys?

I'd say just over a year. It's been a while and glad to see one of my favorite posters back!!!

@Jaz007 I enjoyed your post up above as well. You often bring logic into a conversation and you do it the right way and I enjoy reading them!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

@Spoony_Tech thanks, man, you're one of my favorite posters too!
@Jaz007 I'm doing fine, got a job not great but better than nothing and at least working for IBM will do wonders to my curriculum
I guess it's been around 6 months, I remember I had come back to the forums after I didn't get the job, but then the next day they changed their minds and called me asking if I was still interested XD

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

CanisWolfred

GuSolarFlare wrote:

@Spoony_Tech thanks, man, you're one of my favorite posters too!
@Jaz007 I'm doing fine, got a job not great but better than nothing and at least working for IBM will do wonders to my curriculum
I guess it's been around 6 months, I remember I had come back to the forums after I didn't get the job, but then the next day they changed their minds and called me asking if I was still interested XD

Good to see ya, Gus, and I'm glad you're doing well! That's definitely one of the better situations you could ask for so soon after(?) during college.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

veeflames

@GuSolarFlames Heya. Quite a long time, right?
No one remembered me while I was away studying for my exams...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

CanisWolfred

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

@GuSolarFlames Heya. Quite a long time, right?
No one remembered me while I was away studying for my exams...

No offense, but you didn't make 10,000 posts in the span of about 2 years. Plus he's one of the nicest users we've had (not that I've seen you cause problems, just sayin').

Jaz007 wrote:

I think that too many threads have been locked because of this thread recently. Often times a more miscellaneous subject or something that's stupid fun will get locked with redirect here. I don't see why something can't have it's own thread just because it's miscellaneous. And on fun threads, sometimes they are also miscellaneous, and other times I think it's just overkill. It's not going to harm anything if the occasional thread pops up. Plus, hall of fame threads don't get made this way.

This I agree with. In fact, I've noticed a lot of threads locked for erroneous reasons, and even ones that should be locked being redirected to the wrong threads (i.e. eShop recommendations being redirected to the General 3DS thread, multiple console questions redirected to a single console section, single console and format questions redirected to the Universal Recommendations Thread), and inconsistancies as far as how old a thread can be before its locked, and which one takes precedence. I was planning to write up a contact email to the staff later where I can include examples and direct references, but for now I'll just say that the mods here are generally new, and I think it would do them some good to study how TBD and Lz have been doing it for years by skimming through some locked threads, at least until they have think they have a better feel as far as thread-locking goes. If they already do that, then I suggest they do it even more.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GuSolarFlare

wait, the mods changed?
now it really feels like I've been gone for years

my Backloggery

Spoony_Tech

GuSolarFlare wrote:

wait, the mods changed?
now it really feels like I've been gone for years

Tbd makes special guest appearances every once in a while but we got 2 from NA and 2 from EU a while back as well. Too much traffic for just LZ to police it all for the most part by himself.

Oh and your avatar was perfect for that quote lol. I still hear Sono's voice when I read your comments lol!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

yeah I remember last year LZ and TBD were already kinda overloaded with all the new users that didn't read the rules and those spam bots too.

my Backloggery

Eel

Well, I try to limit my locks and redirects to the most obvious cases.

With "lulz let's be random because I'm bored" treads like yesterdays... I don't think they're fit for this thread either, but since it was Canis I redirected him instead of just plainly locking them.

Oh also, hi Gus!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Hendesu

What's happening?

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Eel

There's already a moderation discussion thread. Kinda. However, it would be much better to just use the contact form.

Anyway, don't worry... If we do find an amusing thread that we feel is too fun to close, we won't. Unless we need to.

(Or at least I won't, can't talk for the others!)

Let's just not try to "force" them.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Iggly

My replacement Gamepad just came in the mail, pretty glad because I was afraid it wouldn't arrive in time for the Splatfest. If you're wondering what happened to my previous one, let's just say I was very klutzy 8 months ago...

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic