Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 10,861 to 10,880 of 96,243

Electricmastro

Man classes go by so much more smoothly when you're taking notes, at least in a certain way anyway.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

nacho_chicken

Artwark wrote:

@PKNoUsernameHere I wish I got that game.......Instead I ended up having Dark Dawn as my first Golden Sun game.

I'm still wondering how I can get what I want without forcing myself to end up not getting Nintendo products or emulating/pirating their games when things as of now change for my situation. I don't want to emulate or pirate games anymore unless its fan translated games which makes sense since those games are done by fans. I want to be a good person like everyone in this thread where I can just buy and play games like you guys.

The country you live in is certainly much worse off than the countries where 99% of the people who post here live in. Money doesn't go nearly as far, and video games DO NOT take priority over necessities such as food, clothes, shelter, etc. I'm fairly certain that where you live, downloading a pirated ROM is perfectly legal. I can understand you feeling guilty for not supporting the creators of the games. If you do, by all means, buy a (new) copy of a game by someone you want to support - as long as you have enough money for it.

But you shouldn't feel bad for not buying official copies of games, because it's very likely whoever is selling the official copies in your country is ripping you off. I don't know about your situation, but I know in a couple of third-world countries, buying an official 3DS game that costs $40 in the US can cost equivalent to $300 US. How much money does Nintendo make if somebody buys an official copy from that supplier? A lot less than $40 US, since these suppliers buy bulk in USD. The rest is straight-up profit for the middle-man. Buying from them is a terrible way to support the people who make your games, and an excellent way to line up the fat wallets of millionaires.

I understand it may be disheartening hearing about people on the internet buying more games than they can play, while you can hardly afford one or two. There is nobody stopping you from playing the games you want to play, as long as it's through legal means. Whether "legal means" includes downloading a ripped ROM from the internet and running it in an emulator depends on your country's laws.

I can't impose my conscience on you, but I can let you know that your life situation is vastly different from the majority of Nintendo Lifers.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Electricmastro

YUS! Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

4stringsteve

Just came back from Of mice & men concert and it rocked!! Next week metallica at the x-games!!!

Edited on by 4stringsteve

3DS Friend Code: 3780-9139-9364

Nintendo Network ID: Defian

Electricmastro

4stringsteve wrote:

Just came back from Of mice and men concert and it rocked!! Next week metallica at the x-games!!!

There's an Of Mice and Men concert?

Socar

@nacho_chicken I live in India and Piracy is just as illegal there as it is everywhere. The fact that a country supports piracy is itself gonna be more trouble for every media let alone games in general.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

nacho_chicken

Artwark wrote:

@nacho_chicken I live in India and Piracy is just as illegal there as it is everywhere. The fact that a country supports piracy is itself gonna be more trouble for every media let alone games in general.

Artwark wrote:

Nintendo products aren't available an when they are, they are pirated most of the time and I don't want to buy pirated stuff.

???

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Eel

Piracy being illegal doesn't mean it's not available or widespread.

Anyway, let's not go too far into the subject please

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Socar

nacho_chicken wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Nintendo products aren't available an when they are, they are pirated most of the time and I don't want to buy pirated stuff.

???

Some games are available but not every game like how it is in Dubai for example. Also like I said, its pirated and modded most of the time.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

comes back to check on random threads
...Did we just get attacked by some weird spammer? o_0

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tasuki

Megumi wrote:

comes back to check on random threads
...Did we just get attacked by some weird spammer? o_0

Yep and the mods got them.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Joeynator3000

Eh at least it wasn't like...those other spammers. >.> lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Hendesu

What's the heck happening in General Discussion forums? Are we getting attacked by hackers?

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic