Forums

Topic: So, E3 2024 and 2025 are cancelled, unofficially.

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Magician

How do we feel about that?

Seems like the city of LA aren't expecting the revenue from the event those years.

E3 truly is dead, no?

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

Meh, I never liked E3.

It’s an event for journalists rather than the sparkly Glastonbury/Wrestlemania/San Diego Comic Con event of vidya games and the way all the games info is dumped out at the same time there means a lot of stuff gets ignored rather than spotlighted which defeats the purpose.

Just spread the news throughout the year rather than a few days. Like think of kids eating a huge tub of sweets, if they eat it in one go they will throw up or get hyperosmolar but if they have regular small amounts over time there’s no problems.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

StarPoint

E3 used to be exciting because every single company was present there, especially the big 3. But gradually, Sony left, then Microsoft, then Nintendo, and then from there pretty much every large publisher opted out. The last few E3s we got before the cancellations were terrible, both from a pacing perspective and just a lack of games.

I definitely prefer the approach of every company just doing their own thing. That way, people can tune into the showcases that they care about and don't have to suffer through another Gearbox Showcase. shudders

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Grumblevolcano

I liked E3 because it guaranteed news from the big 3 (until Sony skipped 2019's one). Nintendo's twitter drop summer of 2020 and 2022 wasn't fun when E3 was cancelled. But Nintendo decided to actually do a general Direct this year in June and it was fantastic. If Nintendo continues doing June general Directs even if E3 is gone, I wouldn't miss E3 particularly.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kimyonaakuma

Maybe I would feel differently if I was ever going to attend, but my "E3 Experience" for this year was normal enough.

I saw some trailers for PlayStation and Xbox, and then watched a Nintendo Direct. And now I definitely have too many games to look forward to for the rest of the year.
I'm fine skipping the cringey conferences, and the weird gameplay demos where they couldn't really show anything.

Kimyonaakuma

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic