General Discussion Forum

Topic: Rank your favorite Zelda Games!

Showing 21 to 40 of 96

AuthorMessage
Avatar

8BitSamurai

21. Posted:

Honestly, at least Navi was so annoying you could get a laugh or two off it later on. Fi was just insulting, I don't think we'll ever know why Nintendo put in someone to tell you exactly what was in front of your eyes.

Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, No More Heroes, Persona 2: IS, Ys 1
Recently beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NerdyAndiKnowit

22. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

Honestly, at least Navi was so annoying you could get a laugh or two off it later on. Fi was just insulting, I don't think we'll ever know why Nintendo put in someone to tell you exactly what was in front of your eyes.

I only liked Fi because she was pretty. I use her image as my profile picture on Facebook :p

May the Triforce be with you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

23. Posted:

8BitSamurai wrote:

Honestly, at least Navi was so annoying you could get a laugh or two off it later on. Fi was just insulting, I don't think we'll ever know why Nintendo put in someone to tell you exactly what was in front of your eyes.

Well they like their games being accessible to everyone.. maybe they're broadening their horizons to accommodate blind people.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

24. Posted:

9. Four Swords Anniversary
8. The Legend of Zelda
7. Link's Awakening DX
6. Phantom Hourglass
5. Spirit Tracks
4. Ocarina of Time
3. Minish Cap
2. A Link to the Past
1. Twilight Princess

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NerdyAndiKnowit

25. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

Honestly, at least Navi was so annoying you could get a laugh or two off it later on. Fi was just insulting, I don't think we'll ever know why Nintendo put in someone to tell you exactly what was in front of your eyes.

Well they like their games being accessible to everyone.. maybe they're broadening their horizons to accommodate blind people.

Wow what a world we've come to, with all this fancy-schmancy technologies.

May the Triforce be with you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NerdyAndiKnowit

26. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

9. Four Swords Anniversary
8. The Legend of Zelda
7. Link's Awakening DX
6. Phantom Hourglass
5. Spirit Tracks
4. Ocarina of Time
3. Minish Cap
2. A Link to the Past
1. Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess isn't my number one favorite. I thought it was too dark and serious. Plus the dungeons were to hard for me. I'm terrible at looking for things. :p But I still think it's an awesome game!

May the Triforce be with you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

27. Posted:

NerdyAndiKnowit wrote:

RR529 wrote:

9. Four Swords Anniversary
8. The Legend of Zelda
7. Link's Awakening DX
6. Phantom Hourglass
5. Spirit Tracks
4. Ocarina of Time
3. Minish Cap
2. A Link to the Past
1. Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess isn't my number one favorite. I thought it was too dark and serious. Plus the dungeons were to hard for me. I'm terrible at looking for things. :p But I still think it's an awesome game!

It was thanks to TP that I got into the series as a whole, so in addition to it being a fantastic game in general, it's role in getting me into the series pushes it to the top for me.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

Avatar: Happy Independence Day!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NerdyAndiKnowit

28. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

NerdyAndiKnowit wrote:

RR529 wrote:

9. Four Swords Anniversary
8. The Legend of Zelda
7. Link's Awakening DX
6. Phantom Hourglass
5. Spirit Tracks
4. Ocarina of Time
3. Minish Cap
2. A Link to the Past
1. Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess isn't my number one favorite. I thought it was too dark and serious. Plus the dungeons were to hard for me. I'm terrible at looking for things. :p But I still think it's an awesome game!

It was thanks to TP that I got into the series as a whole, so in addition to it being a fantastic game in general, it's role in getting me into the series pushes it to the top for me.

Well, that I can understand. I bet if Ocarina of Time wasn't the first real Zelda game I've played (I don't count Anniversary Four Swords because it was free), then it might not be my favorite, either. Because even now, I'm starting to lean a little toward my Wind Waker side.

May the Triforce be with you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MeWario

29. Posted:

1. Ocarina of Time. Played it for the first time on 3DS and can see why it's so well loved! What a game!!!
2. Wind Waker.
3. Link's Awakening. So amazing for its time, I still return to it yearly.
4. A Link to the Past. It seems weird putting this at number 4, it just goes to show how great the series is.
5. Majora's Mask.
(Yet to play Skyward Sword, It looks amazing I just haven't had the time.

Only Zelda game I ever disliked is Twilight Princess. I thought it was terrible. The parts as a dog were so boring, Hyrule field seemed dull and emptier than ever and the story was rubbish. Really my least favourite Zelda by a mile.

Edited on by MeWario

It's Wario time Yaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MeWario

30. Posted:

@TetraandToona. Are you trying to be funny?

Edited on by MeWario

It's Wario time Yaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Varia01

31. Posted:

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Skyward Sword
3. Twilight Princess
4. Majora's Mask
5. A Link to the Past
EDIT: I have not played Wind Waker yet, so it may replace once of those at rank when I do.

Edited on by Varia01

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bulbousaur

32. Posted:

1. Majora's Mask
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Twilight Princess
4. Skyward Sword
5. Wind Waker

I really have to try to get into the 2D Zeldas again... I've never completed any of them...

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Banker-Style

33. Posted:

1.Twilight Princess
2.Ocarina of Time 3D
3.Skyward Sword
4.Minish Cap
5.Spirit Tracks
6.Phantom Hourglass
7.Zelda 1
8.Zelda 2

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MagicalVioGenie

34. Posted:

I can't rank them! Honestly, I love every Zelda game I've played which are
Twilight Princes
Wind Waker
Skyward Sword
Ocarina of Time
Four Swords Anniversary.
(no specific order, i assure you)

Never trust a genie. Ever.

3DS Friend Code: 3480-3150-2159

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Varia01

35. Posted:

@MagicalVioGenie: I saw your profile and it appears you are very new here. Welcome to NL. I hope you have a great time!

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

36. Posted:

1) Minish Cap (One of the only Zelda games that wasn't too long to become boring)
2) Spirit Tracks (Very fun, lots of good additions apart from the main quest)
3) Ocarina of Time (Good, but boring near the end, too linear, a lot of large empty wasted map space)
4) Links Awakening (Not much to say here)
5) Oracle of Ages (Good besides the bad soundtrack and somewhat monotonous path)
6) Phantom Hourglass (Had its flaws - luckily all fixed in Spirit Tracks)
7) Four Swords (Fun, but not built up enough)
8) Legend of Zelda (Good, but largely improved by other games in the series)
9) Adventure of Link (I don't like games with unfair difficulty, bad balancing and time wasting mechanics)

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NerdyAndiKnowit

37. Posted:

It appears that people either love or hate Twilight Princess. Interesting...

May the Triforce be with you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NerdyAndiKnowit

38. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

1) Minish Cap (One of the only Zelda games that wasn't too long to become boring)
2) Spirit Tracks (Very fun, lots of good additions apart from the main quest)
3) Ocarina of Time (Good, but boring near the end, too linear, a lot of large empty wasted map space)
4) Links Awakening (Not much to say here)
5) Oracle of Ages (Good besides the bad soundtrack and somewhat monotonous path)
6) Phantom Hourglass (Had its flaws - luckily all fixed in Spirit Tracks)
7) Four Swords (Fun, but not built up enough)
8) Legend of Zelda (Good, but largely improved by other games in the series)
9) Adventure of Link (I don't like games with unfair difficulty, bad balancing and time wasting mechanics)

I think Zelda 2 was a stupid idea. Why would they even attempt making a platform Zelda game?!??

May the Triforce be with you.

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

39. Posted:

@NerdyAndIKnowIt: because platformers were quite popular back then, and it was something new to try. it didn't seem to work out so well (possibly ahead of its time) and they went back to the formula that'd done great for them before, but Zelda II has its fanbase even today.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

40. Posted:

@NerdyAndiKnowit - We probably shouldn't get too far out of topic with discussion on specific games, but it wasn't the platforming or RPG elements that ruined the game for me - it was the fact that they were both handled badly.

There's a reason why a huge majority of RPG's don't make you lose experience when you die, and make you go back to the same one location whenever you die - because it wastes the players time. There are several parts of the game where you're literally supposed to just guess where on the overworld map you're supposed to stand, with no help. The confusing nature of the game doesn't help; not all enemies give exp, some enemies remove your exp when they attack. Townsfolk were also pretty bad across the board, setting the standard for useless conversations ("Hello", "I am error", "Sorry. I know nothing" - Why the hell were these NPC's even added if they help the player in no way?).

The high difficulty doesn't make the game bad - it's the fact that the difficulty spikes a lot, which shouldn't have been a problem if they had balanced it more. Lets also not forget the numerous glitches the game had...honestly the list of problems of this game go on and on.

I can understand why some people might enjoy the game, but there are so many issues with it I cant really recommend anyone play it when there are better alternatives for each genre this game tries to fuse.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215