Forums

Topic: Nintendo Needs to Buy Back Rare

Posts 21 to 28 of 28

MikeDanger

HarmoKnight wrote:

How abou Sony needs to buy back Spyro and crash?

that's actually very interesting. Those games were the SH*T!!!

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

Bankai

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

Seriously, has anyone anywhere on the Internet managed to come up with a genuine business case why Nintendo might be able to, or even want to, reacquire Rare?

To take advantage of any IPs Rare has in order to make nostalgiariffic sequels that might make money for the same reason every other game Nintendo's made the past few years has? That's the one I can think of that makes any form of sense in a "want them back" sort of way.

ALSO GUYS NINTENDO OF AMERICA NEEDS TO RELEASE MOTHER 3

The only franchise of Rare's that would be worth acquiring an entire company for is Banjo Kazooie. Other than that Nintendo would be setting them the job of making games based on Nintendo's own IP. Retro Studios is doing a pretty good job with Metroid and Donkey Kong.

And Nintendo made a large studio acquisition recently in Monolith, and invested significantly in buying into the Project Zero IP. Given Nintendo already has plenty of platform IPs, there is no business case I can see that could justify the expense of buying a very profitable studio from Microsoft for yet another platform IP.

LittleKing

thelastlemming wrote:

I'm with you until the random schoolyard bit. In fact biting one's tongue solves a great many disputes in advance.

Threads with no replies will sink into anonymity; replies boost their popularity.

Yes. In this case, it can be argued. If we let it be, no one knows anyone is displeased and everyone posts this over and over. Maybe if enough people complain, it'll stop. Personally, it's not that big an issue IMO. Occasionally we get this thread, and eventually it sinks into oblivion.

Also, yeah, biting your tongue works great in some situations. Not what I'm talking about. Withhold valid criticism too much and nothing ever gets solved; we can't all live in perfect worlds of sugar coated lollipops and bunnies, now can we? Not that that has anything to do with you, make no mistake. However, I am inclined to agree in this situation, so I'll just choose to avoid posting further.

LittleKing

Aviator

thelastlemming wrote:

I'm with you until the random schoolyard bit. In fact biting one's tongue solves a great many disputes in advance.

Threads with no replies will sink into anonymity; replies boost their popularity.

Thanks for telling how the internet work.

look mama, I can bold things too

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

OptometristLime

Here's how the internet works: you take things out of context.

Metabble_King wrote:

No, it's that this topic has been dredged up from the deep so often that they are tired of it, and that's why they are posting.

thelastlemming wrote:

Anyway @Metabble_King agreed to walk away from this, and I think I will too.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Tasuki

Why do we have to have 500 threads on Nintendo needs to buy back Rare.

Here's the facts people.

1. MICROSOFT NOW OWNS RARE. Microsoft fully bought Rare after the Stamper Bros sold it to them because "They wanted to try new things" They was no backstabbing, hostile takeover or any other of that kinda of nonsense.

2. IF NINTENDO REALLY WANTED TO OWN RARE WHEN IT WAS UP FOR SALE THEY WOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT. After the years they spent together I am sure that Nintendo was offered to buy Rare but for whatever reason they didnt want it.

NOW CAN WE PLEASE STOP WITH ALL THE NINTENDO SHOULD BUY BACK RARE THREADS.

It aging going to happen so give it a rest . If you are so traumatized by Microsoft owning Rare the go back and play some of Rare past games on the older systems instead of posting over and over again that Nintendo needs to buy back Rare.

-end rant-

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Joeynator3000

Soooo, this is like what...the 4th time now? I lost count, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

theblackdragon

I'm sure if you look back a page or two you'll find at least four instances of this topic. We don't need any more, guys, we really don't.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.