Forums

Topic: NCAA March Madness 2015 Thread

Posts 1 to 20 of 52

cheetahman91

This thread is for discussion of the NCAA Basketball Tournament.

First off, for anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, this is the yearly tournament for college basketball. It's 68 teams, and whoever wins all of their games wins the tournament. If a team is able to win its conference tournament, it gets an automatic bid into the tournament. A selection committee decides the rest of the teams that get in. For anyone's who's never watched it, it's worth watching. Every year, there's always at least one lower seeded team that's able to make a run and beat some higher seeded teams.

Here's the tournament bracket if you haven't seen it yet. Did your team get a good seeding? Did your team get in at all? Well here you go.

So, anyone going to watch the tournament? I know that I'll be watching as many games as I can. And who do you guys think's going to take it all?

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AlexSays

My teams sucks so I don't have a team in the tournament..

I'll still fill out a bracket though. Need to win Buffet's one billion dollars. lol

AlexSays

SonicBlast

Ohio State has been very inconsistent this year, so my hopes are not high. I'll still watch as much as I can.

I run a bracket challenge with my family, so I'll be printing off many brackets tomorrow at work.

Who is going to win it all??? Its wide open this year as far as I'm concerned. Heck, we might even see the first 16:1 upset.

Edited on by SonicBlast

My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 0087-2332-6506 | Nintendo Network ID: SonicBlast

cheetahman91

Yeah I just got through filling out my bracket (first one ever surprisingly). Interested to see how accurate I am (although I'll probably end up doing pretty badly ).

@AlexSays: Honestly, I think it's more likely that EA will release a game for the Wii U this year than anyone winning the billion.

@SonicBlast: It's ok. North Carolina is my main team and they've had their fair share of ups and downs as well (beating teams like Michigan State and Louisville but then falling to the likes of UAB and Belmont. WTF?). And yeah I'm hoping that we finally see a 16 seed team, although I honestly can't see it happening this year (if I had to pick though I'd say that Virginia is the most likely candidate of getting upset).

So, who does everybody think will make it to the championship game? I picked Florida and Louisville, with Florida winning it all.

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

cheetahman91

The last of the First Four games are tonight (Albany and NC State won last night if you missed them). Won't be able to watch the first game, but I'll probably pull for Tennessee in the last game against Iowa. I only live a couple of hours east from Knoxville.

Jesus is the only way.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

AlexSays

Haha probably.. to the EA thing.

Filled out my bracket.. Buffet should probably just give me the billion right now. I have a 1v4 seeds in both semifinals with Florida and Louisville in the championship, and Florida coming out on top.

AlexSays

Klimbatize

@AlexSays Sounds like we have identical Final Fours, but then we differ. I have Florida, MSU, AZ, Lousville in the Final Four. AZ over Florida in the final.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

LzWinky

chomp chomp

That is all

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AlexSays

Watch none of those teams make the final four.. lol

Some of my upsets are: Providence over North Carolina, SFA over VCU, Harvard over Cincinnati, Ohio State knocking off Syracuse in the next round, and Nebraska knocking off Creighton.

Have a few others but these are what will win me my billion.

AlexSays

LzWinky

All I want to see is Duke lose, just so that I can laugh @bezerker99 (not really, but it would still be funny)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

bezerker99

Unca_Lz wrote:

All I want to see is Duke lose, just so that I can laugh @bezerker99 (not really, but it would still be funny)

Kentucky and Michigan are in the Midwest along with Duke. It's going to be like old times.

Congrats to the Wahoos for getting that #1 seed in the East. Virginia has a great coach and team this year!!!

@Unca_Lz - I looked through my bracket twice but didn't see Old Miss listed anywhere????

Edited on by bezerker99

LzWinky

Go Gators?

AlexSays

Well Ohio State is already screwing me over

First game of the tournament. First game...

AlexSays

LzWinky

I couldn't fill a bracket in time, but I'm doing the Capital One round-by-round challenge which can be entered at any time

AlexSays

Andddd my bracket is already busted.

What a crazy game.. wish OSU could have came out on top.

AlexSays

LzWinky

AlexSays wrote:

Andddd my bracket is already busted.

What a crazy game.. wish OSU could have came out on top.

Pick better teams

AlexSays

Yeah you let me know how your round by round challenge goes... lol

AlexSays

LzWinky

I already busted too

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.