Forums

Topic: ios or android or windows phone?

Posts 21 to 27 of 27

JustAnotherUser

Each phone is right for somebody. There is no definitive choice.
For me It's android until an Ubuntu phone comes along.
Say lets play nice and prevent a flame war.
Everyone can still voice their opinions. (...even though mine is right (Joking))

Edited on by JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser

shingi_70

I'm not arguing if it works or not. I'm saying it clashes with other bits if the OS.

I'm hoping the rumors of the retina display ipad means we can finally get a 4 inch iphone.

biggest thing that ios has is a constant UI guidelines through all apps. hopefully the new robto guidelines help Android with that.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Chappertron

Ios in my opinion ( I'm a bit of an Apple fanboy)

Edit: A lot of an Apple fanboy

Edited on by Chappertron

3DS friend code: 2234-7255-8999 (Doomtroll)
Currently Playing: Pokemon White 2

Chappertron

shingi_70 wrote:

biggest thing that ios has is a constant UI guidelines through all apps. hopefully the new robto guidelines help Android with that.

The constant UI is just things Apple gives developers in Xcode (Apple's software development suit) so they can create apps with ease.

In fact you can create an iOS app without typing a single line of code.

Edited on by Chappertron

3DS friend code: 2234-7255-8999 (Doomtroll)
Currently Playing: Pokemon White 2

Imerion

Of these, I'd say Android without a doubt. Yet again I have to add a new alternative to the discussion though, since my favorite mobile OS is Symbian. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DVNuebahzs

The reason for this is becuase it's truly customizable, open, lightweight, has real multitasking and options for everything. (Including one to turn off annoying graphical effects, transitions, etc). Most of this counts for Android too, so it's my second choice.
Therefore I have never liked iOS or Windows Phone, because they're the complete opposite to that. Still, I can see why people would prefer the simplicity they have.
Symbian also runs on my favorite phone; Nokia E7 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppoIipQ8nOw

With that said, MeeGo looks like an interesting phone OS as well. Hope it will stay alive : https://meego.com/

Edited on by Imerion

My Nintendo game log! : The Switchlog My games: Neotron & E2 Games My 3DS game archive: 3DS Download Play Archive

sykotek

I prefer the Android Operating System over Apple's iOS. I like having widgets and I like the ability to customize my device to my liking rather than using iOS.

@JarvanZheitk: As a matter of fact, you can easily install and dual boot Ubuntu Linux to an Android device, there are tons of tutorials available online and on youtube. Also, from what I understand, on the development side, the Android OS is based on Linux code.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.