Forums

Topic: Favourite Video Game Music Track?

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,379

FluttershyGuy

HolyMackerel wrote:

@bro2dragons That's really interesting because the arcade versions sound like they have more edge to me - unless you count the noisy synth as "edge". The quality is much higher than either the SNES or Genesis versions thanks to the CPS2's superior sound chip. As much as I love the nostalgic Genesis SF2 soundtrack, I actually like the arcade themes better. Maybe it's just me though.

I think back in the day, I'd play SF II at the arcade as much to hear the incredible music as I did for the equally awesome game play! While there are deeper fighting games, I don't think any other, and few other games if any from other genres, hold as much nostalgic value to me. Could watch/listen just to the intro and demo matches for 15 minutes. Not sure how many times I've watched Ryu vs. Sagat demo over the years, LOL. Ryu, Ken, Guile, Balrog and M. Bison's themes are my favs.

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

bro2dragons

@HolyMack: I fully agree the arcade versions are of undeniably higher quality... I just prefer the sound of the older versions, and the arcade seems a little softer. Just my ears, though, perhaps.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29
Need a second opinion before grabbing that unknown new game? Come check out my reviews at WiiWareWave, "The Friendliest Nintendo site on the 'Net."

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons | Twitter:

RoyalBlur

Could someone please tell me the name of the song playing in this trailer? I really enjoy this musical piece and it has caused me to have big fascination with the Final Fantasy franchise and the harp as an instrument.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

StarBoy91
[youtube:MxMfro5TOfo]

Pretty relaxing, considering where it takes place in; love the calypso tunes here.

Edited on by StarBoy91

I am StarBoy91, and I love all things 16-bit =)
My Backloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart
To each their own

RoyalBlur

Could someone please be kind enough to tell me the name of the musical piece playing in that Final Fantasy television ad?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

StarBoy91

@TokyoRed - I don't know what the song is called; sorry if I wasn't much help.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

RoyalBlur

StarBoy91 wrote:

@TokyoRed - I don't know what the song is called; sorry if I wasn't much help.

It's all great Starboy91. Thx for your concern.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

FluttershyGuy

TokyoRed wrote:

Could someone please tell me the name of the song playing in this trailer? I really enjoy this musical piece and it has caused me to have big fascination with the Final Fantasy franchise and the harp as an instrument.

Well, the song, present at some point in most Final Fantasy games is "Prelude". But, this isn't a version heard in the NES Final Fantasy III released only in Japan. It may be a version specifically orchestrated for the purposes of this commercial, as Prelude was not made in-game with this kind of quality until the PlayStation. There's a version of Prelude that sounds pretty close to this on the DS Final Fantasy III album. It's available on iTunes Store.

Brony since 7/28/11

RoyalBlur

BetelgeuseWC77 wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

Well, the song, present at some point in most Final Fantasy games is "Prelude". But, this isn't a version heard in the NES Final Fantasy III released only in Japan. It may be a version specifically orchestrated for the purposes of this commercial, as Prelude was not made in-game with this kind of quality until the PlayStation. There's a version of Prelude that sounds pretty close to this on the DS Final Fantasy III album. It's available on iTunes Store.

Thank you so very, very much.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

FluttershyGuy

TokyoRed wrote:

BetelgeuseWC77 wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

Thank you so very, very much.

You're so very, very welcome, man. You can find plenty more Prelude versions of that quality. Just off the top of my head, FF VII, IX, X and XII.

Brony since 7/28/11

GamerforGod

@TokyoRed (and everyone else for that matter lol ): There are a lot of really great video game music arrangements (including multiple arrangements of the prelude from Final Fantasy) at the website www.ocremix.org. It's a great site with a lot of really talented remixers that really do a great job remixing all sorts of video game music in all sorts of different styles (rock, classical, solo piano, jazz, trance, techno, live, with vocals, etc.). Best of all, you can download all of their remixes for free!!!! I hope you all enjoy it!!!! Have a blessed day!!!!

Psalm 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in your sight O Lord my strength and my redeemer." :)
The Godloggery I finally finished my backloggery!!!! WOOHOO!!!! :) lol
[url=http://www.fa...

HolyMackerel

HOLY MACKEREL.

[youtube:EeP4RP6XNuE]

Nostalgia attack! I last heard this remix years ago and... I still love it so much.

Let's play some Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate! Let me know who you are before you add me.
3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042
× steam

StarBoy91

Here's some of my favorite music from Secret of Mana:

[youtube:-oaKIFlNbAk]

A rather fitting emotional song for what in my opinion is a rather emotional ending (without spoiling anything). There are actually two ending themes in this game, but I like this one the most.

[youtube:I8sGSKE5j14&feature=related]

I've only got three syllables for this song: breathtaking!

[youtube:ghKpsiv-scQ&feature=related]

The Mana spirit music for whenever you meet one is incredible, to say the least.

[youtube:qh9IRMwYU8A&feature=related]

Sweet-sounding town theme.

[youtube:SJqxbVz0UZw&feature=related]

I really love this one.

[youtube:hdHRdPaDT7U&feature=related]

Very relaxing theme.

Secret of Mana's music is one of my top favorite video game soundtracks ever.

To each their own

NintyFan

Donkey Kong Country possibly has my favorite final boss battle, and this is one of the reasons why.

Forest Interlude from DKC2 is so atmospheric.

Stickerbrush Symphony manages to sound so pretty even when playing in an uncomfortable environment.

Rockface Rumble in DKC3 is what all canyon music should try to sound like.

There's something about the DK Isle theme in DK64 that brings back memories.

And last but not least for this post, DKCR had amazing remixes, but Weighty Way is one of my favorite original pieces in the game. As you can see, I love Donkey Kong music.

Edited on by NintyFan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic