General Discussion Forum

Topic: Cartoon Vs. Anime

Showing 1 to 20 of 98

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NoUsernameHere

1. Posted:

here is 2 examples on how to do this
example A
Cartoon
south park
example B
Anime
pokemon

Buying: SSB4 (3DS and Wii U), Pokemon OR/AS (3DS) The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
T3H K00L KR@B
Formerly PSI_King and WarioMan.
HYRULE WARRIORZ: FABULOUS SIMULATOR 2014

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shining-Void

2. Posted:

Anime is better, nuff said.

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Raylax

3. Posted:

paperluigi wrote:

here is 2 examples on how to do this
example A
Cartoon
south park
example B
Anime
pokemon

What.

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

4. Posted:

I'd still call them both anime since anime is short for animation, I'd maybe choose to call it American anime VS Japanese anime
And I say Japanese anime since American anime is too centered around American ideas in a bad way (of course some are good like spongebob and adventure time) I just don't like the ones that make fun of any country that isn't America, and to people who say Japanese anime is too japanesey... Honestly I've yet to find an anime that's too japanesey (BTW flashy lights and super powers don't make it japanesey, since comics like marvel have that as well)

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WildMan

5. Posted:

anime is pretty much a type of cartoon.

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

6. Posted:

Aren't anime a form of cartoons? They're a Japanese style, at least I think so. Or could be the other way like HarmoKnight said.
They've both got they're pros and cons, but I tend to like Anime more. It just seems to have more care put into it, with the exception of Adventure Time. Seriously, you could look at any frame of that show and you would find something awesome. Try to prove me wrong.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jeremyx7

7. Posted:

HarmoKnight wrote:

I'd still call them both anime since anime is short for animation, I'd maybe choose to call it American anime VS Japanese anime
And I say Japanese anime since American anime is too centered around American ideas in a bad way (of course some are good like spongebob and adventure time) I just don't like the ones that make fun of any country that isn't America, and to people who say Japanese anime is too japanesey... Honestly I've yet to find an anime that's too japanesey (BTW flashy lights and super powers don't make it japanesey, since comics like marvel have that as well)

Good points! Anime is composed of anything animated thus cartoons are anime.

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

8. Posted:

South Park, the exact western opposite of the anime Pokemon suddenly...

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

9. Posted:

Yeah I remember typing in "popular animes in Japan" and spongebob came up so anime is just short for animation, which is also why I think most video games are a form of anime, just you can't watch (besides cut scenes)

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

10. Posted:

Now that I think about it, they're both interchangeable. Cartoons are anime and anime are cartoons. It's just that anime, at least in the west, is usually referred to as stuff made in Japan with that style we all know.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BlatantlyHeroic

11. Posted:

Anime, most western styles looks stupid and don't flow well, I also have a great love for angles and symmetry.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kyloctopus

12. Posted:

Ok... I think I get the rules to this. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
The person who posts on this thread puts 1 Anime and 1 Cartoon against each other, the next person both votes on the survey above, and puts two other Anime and Cartoons against each other. (Similar to plenty of other Thread Games)
Lemme Try
Futurama VS Sword Art Online

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

13. Posted:

It depends on the cartoon itself. I enjoy comedy, and there's some pretty great ones like Futurama. Course, I like Family Guy too, but mainly because of the stupid humor and randomness and all that. Then there's the comedy in anime...actually I haven't watched much comedy anime other than School Rumble, so, I dunno. Anime is awesome though.
EDIT: I take that back, forgot about Excel Saga and Shin-Chan.

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NoUsernameHere

14. Posted:

Kyloctopus wrote:

Ok... I think I get the rules to this. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
The person who posts on this thread puts 1 Anime and 1 Cartoon against each other, the next person both votes on the survey above, and puts two other Anime and Cartoons against each other. (Similar to plenty of other Thread Games)
Lemme Try
Futurama VS Sword Art Online

ok,here it goes
futurama vs. legend of korra

Buying: SSB4 (3DS and Wii U), Pokemon OR/AS (3DS) The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
T3H K00L KR@B
Formerly PSI_King and WarioMan.
HYRULE WARRIORZ: FABULOUS SIMULATOR 2014

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

15. Posted:

Well isn't legend of Korra still western? I mean it has more Japan's style but it's still western, after all they did have that episode of futurama where they has the 3 stories (black and white, 8-bit, and J anime)

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

16. Posted:

HarmoKnight wrote:

Well isn't legend of Korra still western? I mean it has more Japan's style but it's still western

I was just about to say. Then again, I don't really know where to classify Legend of Korra, but it didn't feel like an anime. I don't know how else to say it. Anyone else know what I mean?

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Drobotic

17. Posted:

I think western cartoons are better because most animes just go around fantasy and sci-fi,while we have more of a mix of stuff like Futurama and Regular Show.Big eyes and giant robots and alien frogs can get kind of old after a while.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,MLP:FiM,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: Bubblenom

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

18. Posted:

paperluigi wrote:

Kyloctopus wrote:

Ok... I think I get the rules to this. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
The person who posts on this thread puts 1 Anime and 1 Cartoon against each other, the next person both votes on the survey above, and puts two other Anime and Cartoons against each other. (Similar to plenty of other Thread Games)
Lemme Try
Futurama VS Sword Art Online

ok,here it goes
futurama vs. legend of korra

They're both western cartoons

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

19. Posted:

Drobotic wrote:

I think western cartoons are better because most animes just go around fantasy and sci-fi,while we have more of a mix of stuff like Futurama and Regular Show.Big eyes and giant robots and alien frogs can get kind of old after a while.

http://www.google.com/search?q=fullmetal+alchemist&oe=UTF...
Anyway lemme put down 2 that arnt both western animes
Full metal alchemist
Or
futurama

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Drobotic

20. Posted:

HarmoKnight wrote:

Drobotic wrote:

I think western cartoons are better because most animes just go around fantasy and sci-fi,while we have more of a mix of stuff like Futurama and Regular Show.Big eyes and giant robots and alien frogs can get kind of old after a while.

http://www.google.com/search?q=fullmetal+alchemist&oe=UTF...

Lol.I know,but sometimes I just want to watch something that makes me laugh my butt off,cry,and make me stare at the screen for various moments in amazement.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,MLP:FiM,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: Bubblenom